Server time: 2017-10-18, 03:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Ender

Staff Feedback: Ender

Ender    630

Hey, everyone. Leave me some feedback here, I would love to hear what you all think I could improve on. Just remember to use the template and follow the rules.

Rules

Spoiler

Staff feedback rules

1. Community members may only post in feedback threads using the template below.
  2. All feedback and criticism should be constructive. No rants or pats on the back.
  3. Staff members may reply freely to feedback within their own thread.
  4. Posts not adhering to above rules will result in 3 warning points per post.

Template:

Spoiler

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Puddin    0

Link to the situation: N/A (not available) You helped me with simple things such as changing my name IC when the characters were too long

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: You seem to be very fair when it comes to reports and you abide by the rules

Suggestions for improvement: Maybe be more active in staff and make threads on tutorials such as the thing I needed help with which some newcomers might not know how to do exactly (changing character name when it is too long to be inputed)

Edited by Puddin

Ender    630

Thank you for the feedback @Puddin Its always nice to hear that I've been doing good. 

As for the tutorial threads i know we had one back on the old website. I'll see if its still active and if not I'll make a new one

<3

Jetwells    0
Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.) 

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)
As for the mention of ruleplay. Hebee’s character is a hood rat whose life was riddled with violence, so to say that it’s not within his character to use his kill rights is invalid.

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.) As you are the GM who has written the verdict, I feel it is best to place this feedback here. I feel that this statement you made, Whilst the verdict I fully agree with, the statement I have copied I do not. Wether his character is a hood rat or not is not valid grounds to perform actions such as these. The same way a cannibal cannot go around disembowling people because they are a cannibal. The story does not make it an acceptable thing to do. From this statement you have made, I can create a character and simply state he wishes to be the last person left on the earth due to his past and therefore, Kills everyone. But because my character has been through a lot its valid to use my kill rights at every opportunity? What makes it acceptable was the fact the man took shots and attempted to run by closing the door. Their was no need to mention anything of the character of Hebee as that is unneeded and brings nothing to the report other than it looking like you can use characters stories as an example. 

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

The verdict was fine, Hebee used his valid rights due to the OP previously shooting at Hebee, and then trying to shut the door.  His character had nothing to do with it and IMO is misleading and basically saying, Aslong as your character is a lunatic, you can kill people as you wish aslong as you have kill rights. Obviously thats an overexaggerated statement, But I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Verdict Great, Statement within the verdict, Unneeded.

Ender    630

Huh. With the example you give I can definitely see the issues in my statement. this part of the rule (if it was stated like i gave off in the verdict) could be horribly abusable as seen in your example. In all honesty that was mainly me attempting to cover all my grounds in case of future arguments and discussions. Looking back at it now, Its not really needed to be said as the report its self makes no mention of it being not in his character to shoot her. It shouldn't be about if the character is the type of person to shoot or not. It should be if they had an IC reason to shoot or not, and he did have a valid reason regardless of character background. I edited the verdict and removed the statement, as it makes no real sense to be there. Thanks for taking the time to write this up and bring it to my attention. I will definitely remember this for when a time comes that i verdict another report that ends similarly to this one.

@Jetwells <3

Jetwells    0
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ender said:

-Snip-

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.) N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help 
demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".) N/A

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Thanks for taking the feedback into consideration. I mainly posted the feedback due to not wanting just that, someone to use the verdict of the report as an example in future cases.
 I tend not to like posting feedback due to how it can lead to disagreements in views but im glad you can see what I saw from reading the verdict, Im glad I could help in some way.
 We are all human, sometimes it just takes the "public" view to notice things. Keep up the good work, Yourself and all others. I may seem like an outcast with my outspoken views but 
I do appreciate the work the staff team does, current and past.

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)N/A

Edited by Jetwells

Joffrey    891

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: No Feedback: Hey, first of all I'd just like to say good work on all of your recent reports. Logiks were used and I feel they were well handled. The only thing negative I have to say is this template for feedback!! Bleeeuugh.

Suggestions for improvement:... ... Grow a beard and post it on Real life prictures thread.. thats the best I got.

Hebee    2646

Link to the situation: in game activity

Any supporting evidence or notes: bc27c7e8d8fb018946a8047f0ed0bbb3.png

Feedback: This activity is fairly low for a person in position of power in this community, it should be expected that anyone who deals with and punishes in game / ooc rule breaks or drama within the community or has any influence on the staff team at all should have some form of activity in game. This assures that a quality standard for role play to staffs expectations is being kept by having your presence in game, and just keeps you in the general loop so you are aware with what is going on within the community beyond your staff walls.

Suggestions for improvement: get in game more

Ender    630

@Hebee I can completely agree with you there. I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm just busy. I've had no motivation to get in game for the longest of times. After playing non stop for almost 2 years i burnt myself out quite a lot. However, after a little while I do have that itch of wanting to RP again. I honestly miss it. I was actually planning on getting in game with lyca yesterday but i was setting up my streaming software and that took a lot longer than i had expected. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get in game and stream.

Dusty    1572
Posted (edited)

Link to the situationhttp://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/83392-invalid-execution-s1-green-moutain/#comment-1534231

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A 

Feedback: In the report linked above, the OP was accused of blackmail, and the people accusing him of it stated that they had video evidence. No video was ever posted on the report which leads me to believe that staff did not ask for or receive the video, and decided to write the verdict without the video. If the video was not provided to staff yet, then a staff member should have asked for the video from the people claiming to have it before proceeding with the verdict. 

If the video was in fact given to staff, it clearly did not happen on the report itself, which is a big no-no. As it states in the report posting rules:

Video evidence! Photo or video evidence is required to be provided as soon as possible. Videos are required to be unedited and posted publicly on the thread. Videos uploaded to YouTube must be set as not listed. Staff will not accept evidence via private messages.

So, either the team that handled the report wrote the verdict without collecting all evidence, or they accepted evidence through means that were not public, which as shown above, is not following procedure.

My second part of feedback is this: Again, the OP was accused of blackmail. He was accused of saying "If you don't give me my gear, I'm going to put up a report". The OP admitted to this rulebreak as well. However, because he apologized, he only received 10 warning points that last 2 months. Pretty much a nice, light slap on the wrist, all because he apologized once he realized he was in deep shit. I don't think that's right. Just because he apologized once he realized what he was doing was against the rules, that doesn't mean he shouldn't receive a full punishment or even a very slightly reduced punishment. He was just fine with the things he was saying before he was told it was a rulebreak. He shouldn't receive any leniency just because he tried to cover his tracks.

As can be seen in a very similar report linked here, the OP demanded that the person that killed him give him his SVD or else he would put up a report. The OP was then permabanned for the offense. If blackmail is an example of "actions that... is not something we ever want to see", then how does the punishment of 10 warning points for 2 months make any sense at all? Blackmail for the most part, especially in situations similar to the one in the report by Galaxy, has always been a permabannable offense. Blackmail is something that is never tolerated here, at least when it's aggressive or malicious. It's clear that in this case, the blackmail had very malicious intent. He only apologized when he was told that blackmail was against the rules. Based on that and everything else I've mentioned above, I don't think leniency makes sense in this situation.

I am not trying to get someone banned, I am only trying to make sure precedent is followed and that the staff team remains consistent in their rulings.

Suggestions for improvement: If video was not received, then my suggestion for improvement is for staff to more thoroughly look through all of the posts on the thread to make sure nothing is missed. It was very clearly stated that there was video evidence of the blackmail in second paragraph of this post

If video was received outside of the report, then I suggest staff focus on remaining alert on what is and what isn't against the report rules.

Regarding the leniency, I would suggest comparing it to other similar situations, like the report I linked in the second paragraph of my second feedback.

Edited by Dusty