Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:47

Sign in to follow this  
Dustup

add a date or rule heading to rule change announcements

Dustup    118

Just a small point, but basically the yellow announcement bar at the top informing everyone of the new rule changes might be overlooked due to people thinking that it is referring to the rules that were recently amended regarding settlements, and any subsequent changes may also be overlooked by people for this reason. 

Perhaps something simple such as "day/month/year" or even the heading for the rule change can be added at the end of it just so people glancing at it can see that it is not the same announcement that has been up for a while. 

Edited by Dustup

I have crossed it out long ago so I'm not really sure what it looks like currently. But I agree with you that some announcements can be overlooked because it's easy to think it's the same announcement as last time unless you cross them out for each time. If there is no date on it already, it's easy to add. I also would like to have a direct link to the rule changes for example when I click it, and not just an expansion of the announcement.

Can't see anything against it. Simple to implement and useful. 

Never understood why announcement threads stopped being made when anything was changed in the rules. Used to be standard for a new thread to be made for any changes, now it's just a small notification at the top which often gets overlooked.

My reaction was "What yellow bar?" ..exactly, must have overlooked it.

Yeah I definitely agree. A capital letter at the beginning of the sentence and some punctuation would be nice also, but I'm being pedantic.