Server time: 2017-08-19, 00:06

Sign in to follow this  
SameOldRalle

Help with English Grammar

Hey!
I need help with English grammar because I've been meaning to update my character's history and Google Translate is not helpful, but makes it worse for me.
It is so that I have a lot to add to my character's side, such as changing the original story of my character because the current does not match what would have happened before my character came to Chernarus, or what has happened to him since he came here.
While I have written quite wrong in the beginning, because when I made my character so I started writing at the beginning in the third person and at the end of the story it became my character's own words, thus it looked quite weird.
I myself am Swedish so that English is not my mother language but it is used as an alternative language for those who do not speak Swedish, and nor do I think that I am good enough to be able to get a character's history to look really good.
So if there would be someone who is interested in helping me, so please bear with me when I try to explain how I have thought about my character's history what's is needed to be changed or updated.

(P.S. Right now I use Google Translate to even make myself understood through written English)

I have Grammarly and it will instantly correct mistakes you write here on the forums and other sites if you want it to. 

Don't be afraid to ask others for help to read through your stories or prepare that people will give feedback to them when you post em.

Edited by Sofie

Beni    680
30 minutes ago, Sofie said:

I have Grammarly and it will instantly correct mistakes you write here on the forums and other sites if you want it to. 

Don't be afraid to ask others for help to read through your stories or prepare that people will give feedback to them when you post em.

I 100% Suggest you take Sophie's Idea...

Grammarly is amazing. I've used it for ages.

1 hour ago, Sofie said:

Thanks for your advice, but I already have the program, among my other Chrome Apps.
And it has helped me very much since I got it, but I still have a feeling that it would be better if there was a person who could help me because when I have the chance to talk to the person and him/her maybe asks me what I mean on a particular part of the story of my character.

EDIT: Yes, I have spoken with @Staggs and @AlwaysGamer which @Staggs referred me to @AlwaysGamer and he referred me to the people who are from US / UK or the Lore Staffs as it is about the English language for me.

51 minutes ago, Beni said:

I 100% Suggest you take Sophie's Idea...

Grammarly is amazing. I've used it for ages.

Yes, I've used it for a few months and am really happy with the app.
But as I wrote to Sophie, it's another thing to be able to talk to a person than to make use of a program.

Edited by Miniblåsan

Shadows    1000

If you need something short done, feel free to PM me it and I can read over it in my free time.

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

If you need something short done, feel free to PM me it and I can read over it in my free time.

I'll probably accept your help because it would be easier for me to talk to a person, because I would probably need someone who can give me ideas on what I have written so far (I've saved it in a document) and it may be that I might have to change a lot of what I have written, but don't have any ideas what I can write instead.