Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
5MILE5

To anyone that is listening... (Open)

5MILE5    37

*Emily picks up the radio and presses the transmit button.*

“Well, how is everyone doing?”

*She shakes her head not even knowing what to say.*

“I know a lot of things have happened and well I can say some are not as good as others, but I would love to hear stories or maybe you just have something to tell people, let's just say I have nothing better to do and I'm all ears.”

*She releases the transmit button waiting for a response.*

Mexi    1302

*Flicking through frequencies Tim would stumble upon the woman's message, he'd hold down the transmit button and begin to talk*

"That depends on what sort of story you'd like to hear and if its purely for your own gain, I know who you are and who your people are."

*Placing the radio beside him on the table he'd go back to his morning brew*

Stiflex    118

*While inspecting and cleaning out his rifle, J overhears the womans message, he stops to think about what to say - when he hears a man respond with the perfect answer, he presses the PTT*

He has a good point lass. Some tales may carry useful information that may come back and bite us. I'd love to share some, however, I fear what kickback my words could have on me and my close ones.

*J releases the PTT and places his radio on a shelf and picks up his rifle, and continues to clean it.*

5MILE5    37

*Emily hears the response and chuckles, pressing the transmit button.*

“I can’t really tell if I know you, but it’s all for my own entertainment. I love stories that’s it, I don’t care what it’s about. It could be about a cat or something. ”

*She releases the transmit button.*

WeeMeme    0

Tia holds the ptt making sure siggy is busy and not listening 

I saved a little girl from getting her jacket stolen 

She glances at siggy making sure he aint looking and continues 

Guess thats a story kinda...

She releases ptt as siggy comes back over 

5MILE5    37

*Emily presses the transmit button and speaks.*

“That’s great, what a hero.”

*She nods slightly while smiling.*

“I also remember saving someone, kind of a funny story. I was walking in Kabanino when I overheard someone asking a lot of questions to another person, weird questions like; How many people have you killed and what about infected. I don’t really know how we did it, but somehow talking to him while being patient got the hostage released, not without a few shot fired, but no one died which was a miracle since we didn’t have any weapons other than a knife.”

*She releases the transmit button remembering that day and the man in question, wondering if he’s doing alright. *

Grimnir    662

*Anton listens to the woman speak and pushes the PTT button down.*

I have a wonderful story about mistakes, terror and regret.

*He pauses.*

Once upon a time two guys went down the road from Novy to Stary, they weren't special, they weren't evil and they sure as hell weren't good. So they run into people, alot of people. Suprise suprise these people tell them to put their hands up, so they followed these demands.

*He chuckles.*

Little did they know that the two had friends nearby, friends who slaughterd every single one of them except three. One was the leader, one was his wife and one was a goon. So these brave men take them to a castle and tell the poor people who got robbed to do as they please.

*He pauses.*

One of them gave the leader a generous offer, your life or theirs. The selfish leader of course declined and watched the hero of our story aim at the leader's evil friends and squeeze the trigger as many times as he could until the gun locked up and jammed.

*He releases the PTT button and goes back to his notes.*

Edited by Grimnir

Cloudy    0

*He'd listen to Anton and giggle a bit , remembering the situation like it was yesterday before holding the PTT down*

''Oh , that story I've heard of it before.''

*He'd pause*

''I heard the evil leader then took all of the glory that some friendly locals did. Then the evil leader continued swinging his dick around the frequencies how big and mean he is , before getting kicked in the fucking nuts''

*He'd release the PTT button and drop the radio in his pocket*

5MILE5    37

*Emily presses the transmit button after hearing them both speak.*

“That’s funny I also remember some desperate creep that keeps stealing some woman’s clothes, oh and that all while she’s either unconscious or tied up. By the way I wonder how the pants are, I would have asked how it would fit, but I just remembered he doesn't have any balls.”

*She sighs.*

“Also I remember the story going differently. The ‘Hero’ of your story didn’t shoot those ‘Evil friends’ because he wanted to, but because he was scared and that that ‘Evil leader’ kicked the ‘Hero’s’ ass.”

*She releases the transmit button, putting the radio on the table while sitting down on a chair opening her book.”

Grimnir    662

*Anton listens to her respons and starts laughing, after a few minutes he calms down and pushes the PTT button down.*

Of course he was scared. I have heared the hero of the story is always scared, but you know what? Scared people make interesting decisions. 

*He pauses.*

But then again, I am sorry my purely fictional story hit a nerve... or more than that. Good thing it never happend, isn't it? It would be such an awkward conversation when the wife asks her husband why exactly he decided to sacrifice her for his own good.

*He chuckles.*

Anyway who took your pants lady? I am getting a strange feeling of chivalry and of helping a girl in distress. I just guess this wasn't really consensual. I mean the tying up, choking out and undressing.

*Anton releases the PTT button and asks himself if that was the only thing Woods did.*  

Edited by Grimnir

Jack the Ripper    347

*Ivan listens for a while, sitting quietly as all the different voices tell their stories. He twirls a twig between his fingers, deep in thought. When the voices cease, he presses down on the PTT.*

"This guy I met.... once told me a pretty interesting story. There was a woman who made her way in this world by picking pockets. She's manipulate people into a false sense of security, appearing to be this sweet, innocent girl, before picking their pockets while they weren't looking.

One day, she come across an older man, and thought that because of his age, he'd be a lot more sympathetic and willing to let his guard down. They talked for a bit, and he smiled, saying "There aren't so many kind people around these days. Many are thieves, taking what they can from others. But they always eventually get whats coming to them." She laughed, listening to the man, not really paying attention. When she went to leave, the woman faked a stumble, the man quickly catching her. "Easy there," He said, "One wrong move can get you badly hurt, and in these times, that's the last thing you'd want."

The woman laughed again, reaching into the mans pocket and pulling the first thing her hand wrapped around. She thanked him quickly and hurried down the road. She smirked and looked down at what she was holding.

A grenade, the pin pulled, rest in her palm. Before she could react, the grenade detonated, killing her instantly. The man sighed and reached into his pocket, where tugging the pin from where it was stitched into the inside of his coat.

He had heard of the girl before, and expected as much. He had given her a chance to make the better choice, and she had chosen not to.

I guess.... the moral of the story is to be careful of making the same decisions over and over, for people will learn to anticipate your actions, and you will eventually be beaten at your own game."

*Ivan lowers the radio, taking a drag on his cigarette.*

Frosty    0

::Bennie listens to the man tell the story, and he nods at the end to show it was a good story. He picks up his radio, and slides down the roof a bit before catching himself. He grunts as he pulls himself up to the top of the roof, and holds down the PTT::

::His voice would sound dragged and west coast sounding. Almost like a surfer::

Nice story man.. I.. Oh shit! *there would be loud scraping sound* Wow! Haha! Almost fell off my roof man! 

*He would clear his throut*

Well I'll tell a story *sigh* because why not... 

While ago back in a state called Oregon, there was a long stretch of road in the city of Portland. There was lots of houses connected to each other, and they all looked fairly fancy. While I was walking down the road I noticed something. It was trash day! I know right calm down that's no even the exciting part! Anyway... I walked around and saw that one of the trash cans was tipped over... Me being a good citizen, I walked over to clean up... That's when I noticed it... There was this HUGE engagement ring just sitting there catching sunlight. I was like, "Holy cow!" and picked it up. I started walking away when I heard some old geezer yell from the doorway of the house that had the tipped over trash can. I walked over, and he falls down the stone stairs, Ouch! 

Anywho, when I get over there he lifts his hand, and I gladly help him up... Than bam! He punches me in the jaw! I fall down to see the guy take the ring out of my hand, and chuck it down the street to some guy in all black with glasses and a baseball cap. Here's the catch! Turns out this old dude was robbing the house, and needed all he could get... So yea, uh don't trust old guys when they fall down stairs.

::He would laugh a hardy laugh, and almost fall off the roof again before releasing the PTT::

Edited by Frosty

Jack the Ripper    347

*Ivan could not help but utter a humored chuckle, pressing down on the PTT.*

"Wow, that escalated a lot faster than I thought it would. Nice story though, you don't hear that happening too often."

*Ivan releases the PTT.*

Rocco    34

*Zack tunes into the frequency and thinks*

*He presses down the PTT*

You all want some drugs

*Transmission ends*

KalebD    0

*Tex hears the familiar voice and can't help but start transmitting*

Yeah... I got a story for ya. Some dumb asses wouldn't listen to my advice to keep them safe and did there own childish shit. Convinced me that my friend died. Fucked off without saying a word. I took one of the cunts. He ended up pissing himself. Was really polite to stay alive. Moment he got away talked shit over the radio and then hid like a little bitch. This is the best part. Ya ready? My friend magically came back to life. told me that those people did nothing to stop the people trying to kill him and even helped technically. Talked more shit on the radio and I still haven't found the pussies. Was that a good enough story for you? Hope I entertained you!

*He stops transmitting*

Frosty    0

::Bennie presses the PTT::

::His voice would sound like a surfers::

Man... Sounds intense, dude... Um.. *there would be a crash noise* Haha! Street light just fell on an infected... Man... Cool... *He lets go of the PTT; being more interested in the situation going on around him*

::The transmission fades to static::

Luckydente    21

*Came over the radio with a slight buzz, a young man speaking with an almost gleefull and sarcasric tone*

"..Huh? Stories?"

*He laughed to himslef, seeming quite pleased*

"Err.. Hope you dont mind if I share, the best part about all this is you see some wacky stuff."

*He took a slight pause, mumbling a couple words before he spoke*

"Alright! Uh.. I got alot.. But lets go with a wacky one. S-So, about a year ago.. Jeez been a while.. I was, Erm.. Adopted? I guess? It was a joke.. But thats not the point, skipping all that! I knew a guy called Uncle Irish, nice guy and all. Uhhm.. Right, he told me this story about that pond near Green Mountain, Y'know the one where everyone gets robbed at.. So apprently during the deep nights and when the full moon was out, a creature lived at the bottom of the lake.. A giant snapping turtle, mutated by the infected and man eating!"

*His tone went a bit more dramatic, obviously getting into it.*

"One night, with his girlfriend down at the. lake.. It was quite the pretty night, the moon glinting in there eyes.. Untill.. The turtle jumped from the lake and swallowed the women whole! He raised his rifel and open fired, spewing hot lead at the beast! But to no affect, the rounds woupd bounce of its shell with the sparks of the sun itslef! Slowly.. And with the bone crunching sounds of its snapping jaws.. It sunk back into the lake.."

*He let his voice fade out, making dumb spooky ghost "OoOo's" and then cut his transmission*

Edited by Luckydente

Sign in to follow this