Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:56
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rampage

Was this really worthy of a Perm?

Rampage    0

So late last night Chernov was perma banned for saying the following in a thread discussion about RDM. 

"Come on guys the community wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Jim's donations, cut him some slack."  Followed by a gif of michael Jordan laughing.  From talking to Chernov he had ZERO points, was not on a final, nothing.  I get his joke may have been unnecessary, however I have seen people take a dig or two at JimRP saying similar things with usually little to no punishments.  My question is, why was this deemed worthy of a permanent ban?  I feel it was a little extreme and never can I remember in my time as a GM/Admin doing something this extreme unless they already had a lot of points or where on a final warning to begin with.    Even if this was deemed flamming, we have standard punishments for this, which is usually 5 points, maybe 10 based on severity of the comment.  Has something changed recently?

Keedz    0

Oh boy 

the only perm i can relate to this was Thumpers and even then i can see some grounds on why he was permd , but this one just feels like Rolle saw his post while being in a bad mood ,the ban imo was very rash and there are no legitimate grounds for it;

for a community that is looked to as a business it can not get any more unprofessional tbh

Unless there is another reason why he was permd i'm only speaking on what we can see.

Edit : Thumper's ban is still unjustfied imo and very unfair but somehow i feel like this one is a bit worst since chernov barely posted or caused any "controversy" on the forums 

Edited by Keedz

Post    0

If you watch the Twitch Q&A someone asks the question, "How much does ban immunity cost?" Oliv or someone reads the question outloud. @Cow responds and says, "Jim." There's a small chuckle, and Jim responds jokingly with like, "10 grand." If you are going to joke about it yourself, I feel it's crappy others can get permanently removed from the community for it. He himself made light of it. 

Edit: I should note I think this is how it went at least, I think it was Jim that said that. I'm not 100%, but I recall it being very similar to that. I apologize ahead of time if I misquoted or have names wrong, but I do distinctly remember this.

Edited by Post

Hebi Kotei    343
3 minutes ago, Post said:

If you watch the Twitch Q&A someone asks the question, "How much does ban immunity cost?" Oliv or someone reads the question outloud. @Cow responds and says, "Jim." There's a small chuckle, and Jim responds jokingly with like, "10 grand." If you are going to joke about it yourself, I feel it's crappy others can get permanently removed from the community for it. He himself made light of it. 

Genuinely, also with @Sirschmoopy's beanz, they were removed and nobody can give him Beanz now (after the JimRP report), despite the beanz breaking no rules. This does seem like a very brash decision, should've just given him 5 points and be done with it.

Edited by Hebi Kotei

Rampage    0
10 minutes ago, Keedz said:

Oh boy 

the only perm i can relate to this was Thumpers and even then i can see some grounds on why he was permd , but this one just feels like Rolle saw his post while being in a bad mod ,the ban imo was very rash and there are no legitimate grounds for it;

for a community that is looked to as a business it can not get any more unprofessional tbh

Unless there is another reason why he was permd i'm only speaking on what we can see.

Thumper was banned unjustly as well.  He did the same stuff that I along with others are currently doing.  But lets stay on topic with this. 

Wendsill    0

@Rampage, you answer your question yourself already. There are no more standard punishments, so you can basicly get permad for everything now. Whether that makes any sense or is justificable is another question...

Rampage    0
6 minutes ago, Post said:

Edit: I should note I think this is how it went at least, I think it was Jim that said that. I'm not 100%, but I recall it being very similar to that. I apologize ahead of time if I misquoted or have names wrong, but I do distinctly remember this.

Its kind of the running joke in DayZRP.  I have seen many people post this, along with Jim himself joking about the 10k.  So I dont know why this was worthy of a perm.   

Osaka    19

I too had my moments of rage where I simply had to tell a bitch.

That caused warning points, but not permanent bans in which there was no reasonable chance of getting back. Those who have had this event probably said something so painfully true it just struck someone with a ban button, and from there the rest is the same.

Moral, suck up to admins and lick asses clean even if you don't want to.

Luckily I never had to come to this.

Castiel    1124

He was seriously permabanned for that? Wow. Multiple times people have made similar jokes, even Jim himself has joked about it as said above an example was in the Staff Q&A. That is ridiculous.

Randle    927

Watch out Rampage they'll get you next.

Voodoo    487
59 minutes ago, Keedz said:

Rolle saw his post while being in a bad mood

I think it was very much this.

With no previous warnings or final warning a perma seems very harsh.

Edited by Voodoo

Volke    131

Because Rule 4.

/Solved

Honestly - standards aren't needed: this isn't a community it is a business, I thought that was made clear when the model shifted.  When the person with the $ says they want insert individual gone; it happens.  Sadly all you can do if you don't like how things are is *Find Somewhere Else* while knowing that there is no where else.  

Suffice to say - if Chernov made that comment on anyone else besides JimRP - I'm 99.9% certain he would still be here.  

*Shrugs* I just like to play games with friends :/ 

Edited by Volke

Rampage    0
5 minutes ago, Castiel said:

He was seriously permabanned for that? Wow. Multiple times people have made similar jokes, even Jim himself has joked about it as said above an example was in the Staff Q&A. That is ridiculous.

I wish I was joking.  But I am not.  This makes no sense why this was done. 

I think it was excessive and tyrannical. Chernov had no serious history and had been apart of this community for years if I remember correctly. No need to bar people from this community without due process based on a freaking comment. 

Edited by furlean

MapleMooses    0

That's a little ridiculous.

0-30 for a joke like that? I think those who agreed with this ban are forgetting that this is a gaming community. SJW's are strong with this one. Banning someone cause you don't like what they say? Shame on you. 

Sofie    0
50 minutes ago, Post said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/116108132 at 00.07.14 there was a joke made.

Edited by Sofie

Post    0
Just now, Sofie said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/116108132 at 00.07.14 there is a joke made.

Yeah, thanks!

That's what I mean though, he jokes about it, what's the problem? I have never even seen JimRP openly stated that he was offended by comments like this.

Dustin    0

Soon enough there won't be a community if everyone is banned. 

Bradley    0

Really what are you doing to this community from the last couple of days I have seen this community rebel against multiple different things and all being fair to do so. Power is getting to some people's heads and some people may not see it but you are running this community into the ground and a lot of people don't want that to happen but it's going that way, from taking someone's beans away that they earned to multiple bad verdicts and a couple of perma bans thrown into the mix and them perma bans where in some long term players and outstanding role players. Just because you hold the big hammer and sit on a big chair doesn't mean that you don't look under that chair and see who is holding you up, what I am trying to say is that the people make this community and taking the away them people are not going to make you look good or make the community look good because it shows people that there is abuse of power. 

From wha I read Jim himself has made jokes about the situation and so have other people so why is it different now? What has made this joke so different from the rest of the jokes that have been thrown his way. Really what I see is that he should got a slap on the wrist and told not to do that or givin some points but not a perma ban a guy that has never done nothing wrong while he has been here m. To answer your question just some people are having mood swings to much....

Xero3451    0
4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

There it is, you have staff joking about the same thing yet a community member gets the axe.  How is this fair?

Because there staff,  seems like they can get away with almost anything us normal members can't.

Imo the bans complete bullshit and I'm eagerly awaiting staffs explanation for this one.

JimRP    169

First of all, this wasn't done by myself, let's begin with that, not to mention that I noticed Chernov's reply once I saw the permanent ban.

While yes, that is insulting (Chernov's post), I do believe that a permanent ban is a bit too far, this was a decision taken by Rolle, so that is something you'll have to take up with him. 

SweetJoe    387
1 hour ago, Rampage said:

So late last night Chernov was perma banned for saying the following in a thread discussion about RDM. 

"Come on guys the community wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Jim's donations, cut him some slack."  Followed by a gif of michael Jordan laughing.  From talking to Chernov he had ZERO points, was not on a final, nothing.  I get his joke may have been unnecessary, however I have seen people take a dig or two at JimRP saying similar things with usually little to no punishments.  My question is, why was this deemed worthy of a permanent ban?  I feel it was a little extreme and never can I remember in my time as a GM/Admin doing something this extreme unless they already had a lot of points or where on a final warning to begin with.    Even if this was deemed flamming, we have standard punishments for this, which is usually 5 points, maybe 10 based on severity of the comment.  Has something changed recently?

Rampage, I made a question thread in regards to decision making processes. The answer from Rolle is that, Decisions are made because they can be, and decisions are based off of how the staff member feels about the topic.  No evidence, No fairness, No considering the grand picture. Decisions are made at DayzRP based upon the emotions and the feelings of the staff members and not with logic, reason, justice, the image of the community, fairness, or the rules taking priority.

Things need to change or a lot of us will be leaving.

Also, I've caught 1 admin in a lie twice, and 1 co-owner in a lie more times than that. Staff not owning up to their mistakes and lying about it even when caught in a lie goes a long way to promote distrust of the community.

Edited by Winslow

Post    0

I'm just curious @JimRP, if you the co-owner and don't agree with it, you can't revert or advise a change in this? I just found your response a bit odd.