Server time: 2017-08-18, 05:01

Sign in to follow this  
Jacquel

What is the general rule on tents?

Question

Jacquel    4

I get that everything is fair game, it is a bad world etc. However is there any rules on taking everything from someones tent, including the tent itself. I had a tent FULL of stuff, like food wood and clothes, someone has come along and taken the tent (most likely just dumping its contents on the ground). Is their any rules stating thats a no no?

15 answers to this question

Yes and no.

There is a griefing rule that stops people from demolishing your camp without any IC reason but that's really hard to enforce. Not to mention that taking your one tent isn't really griefing.

Jacquel    4

So what you are saying is that because I chose to not be part of a group I am not covered by any griefing rules? 

Just now, Jacquel said:

So what you are saying is that because I chose to not be part of a group I am not covered by any griefing rules? 

Nah.

Griefing would be people purposely harming your camp doing things like taking items of your tents and leaving them on the ground to despawn. Taking tents or items is just part of being in an apocalypse.

Jacquel    4

I think this falls under the "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" Going in and taking and possibly dropping a majority of someones food then taking his tent may be something you might do in the actual apocolypse (you wouldn't) but for the sake of someone elses enjoyment of the game I feel like you should just take what you need. I have come across a few tents now with stuff in them and taken a bit of food and left it... Because I didnt want to fuck up that guys enjoyment. Guess it's time I just start being a dick too.

If I were you I wouldn't let things such as gear influence my enjoyment of the game. Take what happen and use it in RP and develop your character and if you have to become a dick then go ahead.

Jacquel    4

I suppose I just really enjoy building up my camp. It isn't so much gear as it is just food and basic clothes and fire supplies. You are right I should just let it build my char and it will. My bad for taking it a bit personal.

DocTeeth    33

Yes, use it to build yer character. Start hiding your shit and put out traps or have small stock piles here and there... just some thoughts

Use barrels in trees. Tents right now are pretty much asking to get griefed until the admins are able to pull server logs for that stuff.

Its kind of scummy tbh. Had a tent with spare clothes food guns etc set up publicly by a spawn zone to help people. All fine and then one dude grabbed what he wanted dumped the rest dropped all the food tossed a tent and spelled fuck you in the millitary tent with what was left. I understand taking more than essentials but that shit was just to be a douche. Makes me want to rig landmines in all my tents.

Halallaren    6

Stealings someones tent is just shitty RP tbh. The person who stole your tent clearly prioritized gear over the RP of the situation and instead of making your camp look raided etc, just grabbed all you've got to set up his own camp. I believe that this server will always be plagued by a minority of imature and shitty RPers and therefore the best thing to do is just move on and try to implement it into your characters story.

Raiding camps and stealing tents is just part of an apocalypse. If you head to someone's camp and throw all the shit on the ground to despawn that would be greifing. But if you are stealing items and taking them with you (tents included) that's just survival. I'd suggest hiding the stuff you need on a respawn and use one or two tents with nothing valuable in them for your "public camp"

Grimnir    584
28 minutes ago, Halallaren said:

Stealings someones tent is just shitty RP tbh. The person who stole your tent clearly prioritized gear over the RP of the situation and instead of making your camp look raided etc, just grabbed all you've got to set up his own camp. I believe that this server will always be plagued by a minority of imature and shitty RPers and therefore the best thing to do is just move on and try to implement it into your characters story.

I suppose you have a camp, considering how extreme your views are.

Tbh it's shit RP to think you can pitch a tent in the middle of a field and the rules will save you of all the bad people. In the apocalypes I'd take everything I can get and tents would be a top priority. What makes you think that leaving something you would need is good RP?

On a side note the most immature thing here is a person who calls everyone who doesn't agree with their opinion immature.

Eagle    341

Tents are the easiest out off all stashes to spot and do not really have any particular rule to them but there is ofc the factor of griefing where the tent would be emptied and then left on the ground to despawn and is reportable.

Try telling the person to get lost, before dealing with him in the manner you see fit but that can also backfire.

/Moved the Questions.

Halallaren    6
4 hours ago, Grimnir said:

I suppose you have a camp, considering how extreme your views are.

Tbh it's shit RP to think you can pitch a tent in the middle of a field and the rules will save you of all the bad people. In the apocalypes I'd take everything I can get and tents would be a top priority. What makes you think that leaving something you would need is good RP?

On a side note the most immature thing here is a person who calls everyone who doesn't agree with their opinion immature.

TAKE COVER *PEW* *PEW* *PEW* 

Ok.

To clear things up, I never called anyone who disagree with my opinion immature. The thing I did was informing that there are players like that which you may or may not agree with, doesn't matter. 

Second of all, I do not own a camp, this is simply my unbiased opinion.

A lot of what you said is very much true and I feel as though I've changed my views a bit now (What discussing is for) I do how ever feel that in many cases people disconsider their conscience. After all you are stealing another persons home as well as possibly their chance of survival and unless you have an evil alignment, I feel like doing this would be a hard decision. Please tell me if you think otherwise. And don't open fire on me... Please...

I didn't really state my argument very well so I understand if I sounded like an asshole. 

Grimnir    584
7 minutes ago, Halallaren said:

After all you are stealing another persons home as well as possibly their chance of survival and unless you have an evil alignment, I feel like doing this would be a hard decision.

The problem is you can only really judge that depending on your view on people. I think that most people would steal in this scenario, imagine a father who has to look out for his family. Of course he isn't evil, obviously he isn't doing that because it's so much fun but for the good of his family. I think after two years of survival the mindset of people changed. Most of my characters aren't really evil, even though they have the alignment. It's more about the "Rather you die than me." thinking. Per definition Neutral Evil chars would do everything neccessary for their own good and ensure their own safety, therefore I would probably steal a tent, if I need it.

Sorry if any shots hit you in the face, but it seemed to me like you are calling everyone who disagreed immature and therefore me. That would be kinda stupid, I am sure you agree on that.

Edited by Grimnir