Sign in to follow this  
Joules

Tbilisi Diary: Story of a Foreign Correspondent | Carley Kramer's Story

Joules    274

9cacaefaf3.png

“We ready?  Christ I can’t wait to get this over with!”

“Ready whenever you are!”

“We’re on in three, two…”

“This is foreign correspondent Carley Kramer out of Tbilisi, Georgia. As you can see behind me, there is some civil unrest here due, in no small part to the recent news coming out of Chernarus. A few short moments ago, we heard small arms fire not more than five hundred meters away. At this time we are unsure if the shots came from Georgian police, or if by the residents involved in the seemingly mindless chaos. Tensions here have certainly been at an all-time high, and at this time we are unsure if the situation in Chernarus is the catalyst for these demonstrations, or if the crisis was only the straw that broke the proverbial camels back. When asked, Georgian Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili declined to elaborate further on his prior comments in respect to the demonstrations you see behind me. It remains to be seen if his predictions will come true or not, and if his urging of calm will be heeded or not. We’ll have more information available to you as soon as we have it…. We got it?”

“Yeah… good work!”

“Just get me back to the hotel eh?”

Day 001

Oh… my… Christ what a hell of a day. I know I admitted my displeasure in the fat cats decision to send me here, but I have to say it’s been invigorating. I haven’t felt this scared since my time in Afghanistan! It’s really been a nonstop day. You know they say time flies by when you’re having fun? Well I think I experienced the polar opposite of that… Like the danger I truly am in did nothing but heighten my perception of time. Of course it makes for good ratings to have a damsel in distress, but I quite honestly couldn't give a rats ass about what those back home want. I just want to get out of here as quickly and as safely as possible.

I won’t lie, I’m scared shitless of what’s going on not only here, but across the tiny little pond. It’s only a matter of time before Georgia is a mirror image of Chernarus. If the police can’t get things under control, we’ll be looking at… God I don’t want to even think about writing it, least it come true. Unfortunately, I don’t have a nice wooden desk to tap on. I feel like I’ve walked under a ladder while holding a black cat and smashing a mirror. Why do I have to be in this god forsaken country!? I just want this to be all wrapped up in a nice little bow. I don’t trust what Garibashvili said. This isn't going to go quietly into that good night. We’ll be looking at more and more violence in the coming days, I guarantee it. I just hope these people get it out of their system soon, or else not a damn person is going to be prepared if the infection reaches here. For all we know, it already has. God dammit! Curse them for sending me here. Don’t they know they might just shut down air travel? What if we get quarantined? I’ve got no interest in that noise. I don’t like this at all, but that’s life right? I just get continually fucked over on a daily basis by the man… all for their damn story.

This is different than Afghanistan. When I was there, we knew the enemy. Now? I’m unsure who would actually cause us harm. I’m almost sure those gunshots earlier were from police. I’ll have someone call the local hospitals and see if anyone was treated with gunshot wounds. I’d do it myself, but I don’t know a damn word of the Georgian language. Just my luck! We’ve got quite the long day tomorrow so I should be getting some rest. I’ll bring you with me. From what I’m told, we’re going on a road trip away from the city.

Edited by Joules

FrostyCat    0

Please add pictures next time, I can`t read!

But it was a interesting read!

Edited by FrostyCat

Noxious    136

I like it, the formatting is very well done, text coloring is helpful and overall is a nice read.

Good Job

Sign in to follow this