Server time: 2017-10-21, 00:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Sourcey

Getting robbed - What do you do?

Sourcey    0

Hello.

Just curious how people react to a robbery or a "drop your weapons" situation.

Either when you're alone or with a group.

Do you run? Do you drop everything? Do you respond with fire?

Tortov    0

When alone, shooting back will get you killed, even if you manage to kill one or two of them before you die.

In a group, you've got to weigh up who you're up against. If they're wearing crimson berets, you're all going to die unless you comply.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Been robbed twice so far, first time I was in my van offering the guy a ride, he asked me to put everything in and exit, I could exit through passenger seat and kill him but I roleplayed it and let him take it.

Second time it was at Berezino's hospital, they demanded I drop my gun and all the meds I took, I shoved my gun in his face and said the scarface line "you wanna fuck wi'me? Okay, okay, you wanna fuck wi'me?" they lowered their guns and let me walk backwards and escape. funny thing is my rifle had no ammo, so if they actually opened fire I was screwed.

Guest Jessa   
Guest Jessa

That depends who do you roleplay. A cocky bravado? Shoot them if you see a chance.

But I roleplay a civilian that got caught in all this madness in Chernarus. My main goal is to survive. If I'm getting robbed and I'm alone against, let's say 3, I wouldn't fight. Survival is my main concern and I prefer to give up everything I have on the me just to get out of there alive.

Jukki    1

Depends. I calculate my possibilities. Their weapons vs my weapons, group number vs my group, their positions, do i have any cover to run to, how skilled they are, (odds against kidd is sharpy lower than odds against clans like sgru).

If the odds are on my side, i shoot. If i have clanmembers near me ready o fire i wait for their first shot, if not i comply so we can hunt the person down.if i am in good cover (inside building for example) i fight back.

I usual folow the fact that I don't want to die. I comply if there is no other way to survive. Even if i lansged to kill most of them. Because as long as they have one survivor they one. Throwing your life for nothing is not my style of game.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I just drop it, besides, my life > my gear.

Hyborith    0

laugh with delight as i only carry food/water/meds and an axe plus navigation gear.

On the Doc, I tend to resist when appropriate but in some cases it is worth complying to try gain an upper hand afterwards.

On my Journalist, I comply fully and try to film the entire thing.

Work out what works best for you in each case.

Caesar    438

Depends on the situation, as others have said you need to make the tactical decision if you have better chances of retaliation later and still surviving.

Depending on the situation and if you're lucky or not. I got killed by the girl I was robbing once. I was low on blood and I told her to drop it... she started to cry and then turn around really fast and shot me once... I'm dead.

If you've friends around try to gain sometime and give them as much info as you can (if you still have a radio on you).

Sometimes the destiny is in your favor... like here, when I got robbed:

[video=youtube]

Rolo    0

Depending on numbers and if I'm with a friend, we will try to shoot them but I sometimes comply if there's too many for me fight off.