Server time: 2017-10-18, 03:41
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Keedz

Kos or killing a complying hostage ?

Keedz    0

In this verdict @Cow made isn't the situation being described is Killing a complying hostage and not kos ? how is it kill on sight when he initiated on him and killed him while complying ?

Bruce    0

Yeah, that verdict is something else. If anything it should be RDM. 

Honestly, it's just a terrible verdict and one of the shortest I've ever seen.

Edited by Bruce

Vapor    0
14 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Yeah, that verdict is something else. If anything it should be RDM.

This^

Edit: The verdict is short and it should have explained why they thought it should be under KoS and not RDM....

Rather than giving the lad a 3 day ban they wanted to give him a 7 day.. GG

Edited by Vapor

Fox    0

Cow, I love you, but this is bad.

you return to your keyboard confused and panic initiating.

It's even said in the verdict, how can the outcome possibly be KOS?
I feel genuinely sorry for @Sirschmoopy . First all the drama about his BeanZ when he hasn't done anything wrong and now a false verdict for such a simple report.

ExoticRainbow    233

Ways about to make this thread........

The guy should have just gotten a killing a compliant hostage verdict or a rdm verdict not kos as he did interact with him before hand even if it was short lived

Keione    50

A thorough explanation on why he was given a KOS Ban rather than any other would've been nice to see.

A 7 day though? That's harsh.

Voodoo    487

Remember guys RDM no longer exists KoS is the only punishment but has a different length of ban depending on situation.

In this case should be reduced but i havent fully read over the report.

Bruce    0
1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

Remember guys RDM no longer exists KoS is the only punishment but has a different length of ban depending on situation.

Lmao. What? Explain all the recent RDM punishments then...

Boston    772

After a look at Rule 7, I don't think a simple initiation constitutes as a real 'roleplay' interaction, leading to the KOS Verdict. It's essentially the same as me running up to someone, saying 'Hi', and then gatting them. Would I get an RDM Verdict for that? No, because no real roleplay or story developing content ensued.

Just a few words said in VOIP isn't exactly a roleplaying interaction, and according to the rules, RDM occurs when roleplay happens beforehand. In other words, the verdict (I believe) is correct.

RDM does not technically exist in the rules. Obviously I wasn't a GM doing this verdict but, the amount of roleplay was so minimal that the GMs deemed it worthy of the full KOS punishment. The amount of RP and how long the two interacted was so minimal (seconds is what it sounded like) that a 7-day KOS was granted.

Vapor    0
3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Wait... what? So... All the people that have been yeeted with a RDM have been illegitimately yeeted? And should have gotten KoS? Okay...

Voodoo    487

@Bruce @Vapor

Yea RDM no longer exists in the rules andahould not be put as a punishment in a verdict. Its been brought up recently and Rolle has confirmed it no longer exists. Cant find the quote as im on phone but i know its been brought up recently and Tosh quoted the location of this being confirmed by Rolle.

Castiel    1124

Contact was made so it should be RDM. Poor guy getting banned for 4 extra days, OP and him both state an initiation was made and it's even stated in the verdict so I'm confused as to why he received a 7 day ban for KoS. I think the verdict was definitely rushed here.

As for the "RDM no longer existing thing", it was still being called that in reports up until yesterday afaik. Just because the rules don't mention RDM doesn't justify a 7 day ban over the correct 3.

Edited by Castiel

Voodoo    487

@Castiel yea it does seem rushed 7 days is abit much in this situation. Another bad call from the GM team.

Castiel    1124

Definitely. Hopefully Cow or one of the signers will come forward and explain the reasoning behind it, or better yet it gets corrected.

Keedz    0
17 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Contact was made so it should be RDM. Poor guy getting banned for 4 extra days, OP and him both state an initiation was made and it's even stated in the verdict so I'm confused as to why he received a 7 day ban for KoS. I think the verdict was definitely rushed here.

As for the "RDM no longer existing thing", it was still being called that in reports up until yesterday afaik. Just because the rules don't mention RDM doesn't justify a 7 day ban over the correct 3.

The killing complying hostage one still goes under a 3 day ban no ? the verdict was very poor imo

Roman    0

I find it really odd that gamemaster Cow describes the situation by using OP's pov without any evidence to back it up with. From what I remember during my time in staff we could never take ones word over someone else if it wasn't confirmed by the other party. There were no evidence confirming what took place other then the 7 seconds between the first shot and kill shot. We don't really know what happened here since the OP could had been lying about what happened before the shots. Maybe this is nitpicking but the verdict was somewhat poorly written. In the future I hope that gamemasters ask a bit more questions and irons out the whole story if there's no video evidence.

Edited by Echo

Castiel    1124

Yes @Keedz killing a complying hostage is considered RDM so it would be 3 days, unless it was aggravated or something. I agree it was poor.

Pebbles    0

i guess i'll just call it out then that this shit screams of bias, there is a similar report from wedensday this week, granted the people in it was not found gulity of that rulebreak but it was still judged as an RDM. regardless of when the rules got changed aswell if this is the case i havent noticed that personally but whatever shouldn't the verdict be written alongside the rules was in comparison to when the  the rulebreak occurred? ohwell i guess this is what happens if you rdm the guy that bailed out the man in charge ;)

ThatRyanGuy    0

Inconsistency... 

Nah, seems harsh. I thought we wanted newcomers into this community rather than pushing them away with 7 day bans and the removal of giving beanz. It's almost like there is a new project is in the works and they are letting Dayz die

idk

Post    0

Honestly that verdict felt really rushed, and sloppy. It is insanely brief, it looks like it's missing half of the post. Maybe with the amount of GMs leaving, maybe the staff needs to have a meeting regarding these reports because I can't imagine three people really signed off on that verdict.

If it was that simple and brief, why did it take so long to give the verdict? 

Edited by Post

Cow    0

Good evening, I am posting here before I get to bed.

Before you continue to call my verdict in to question with accusations of bias and what have you.

ca5fe3feb30b8a2cb72faf2b640f0ebe.png

In the updated rules KOS and RDM are considered the same.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Shark    0
3 minutes ago, Cow said:

Before you continue to call my verdict in to question with accusations of bias and what have you.

ca5fe3feb30b8a2cb72faf2b640f0ebe.png

That doesn't explain anything. RDM didn't suddenly cease to exist as a punishment, as evident by the countless RDM verdicts in the last two months.

Edited by Tosh

Roman    0
2 minutes ago, Cow said:

Could you please address my concerns and if you understand them.

Post    0

Why 7 days though? That's a high punishment, and if it replaces RDM so many will be gone for a whole week? We won't ever see PvP.