Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 15:18
Sign in to follow this  
BearRP

Current RP

4 hours ago, uSx said:

False. Back in a group there were very rarely more than 5 of us on at the same time and went numerous times to the triangle hotspots etc with 0 issues. Never once were we initiated on. We also had a lot of internal RP but wanted to mix it up.

You need to also embrace the PVP and hostilities, it would allow you to develop in many different aspects.

Like I said to Vapor, I was misunderstood. I only wish for more balance between the two sides. Other than that, the only big problem with RP right now is a lot of people barely even RP'ing, big groups doing things almost worthy of a troll/bad RP report. (If you'd seen what we've see you'd understand) It's as if we've gone from DayZRP to DayZOOC. Then those same people go complaining about whitenames, filling this place with salt.

Once again, I understand PvP is important and I embrace hostilities just as much as anyone else.

1 minute ago, Andrey said:

Because when the lore will get wiped, LMs will prepare weekly events and will have factions such as UN, Chedaki, CDF that will influence the server on a daily basis. It's not going to be the same thing every day, interactions will feel more dynamic and the lore will be shaped and influenced by what happens IG.

and we really need a lore wipe for this? i mean, we can do weekly events right now, without a lore wipe, the same with factions. 

Just now, Chilli said:

and we really need a lore wipe for this? i mean, we can do weekly events right now, without a lore wipe, the same with factions. 

Cause it makes perfect sense to have UN back at it again for the 100th time and resurrect CDF and Chedaki for no reason. The current lore limits what the LMs can do due to it being like what now 2 years into the apocalypse? So yeah we need a lore wipe. We either doing the right way or not at all.

2 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Cause it makes perfect sense to have UN back at it again for the 100th time and resurrect CDF and Chedaki for no reason. The current lore limits what the LMs can do due to it being like what now 2 years into the apocalypse? So yeah we need a lore wipe. We either doing the right way or not at all.

yes its 2 years after the outbreak, but what will be the date after the lore wipe? 2 months after the outbreak? 

1 minute ago, Marcoooz said:

Like I said to Vapor, I was misunderstood. I only wish for more balance between the two sides. Other than that, the only big problem with RP right now is a lot of people barely even RP'ing, big groups doing things almost worthy of a troll/bad RP report. (If you'd seen what we've see you'd understand) It's as if we've gone from DayZRP to DayZOOC. Then those same people go complaining about whitenames, filling this place with salt.

Once again, I understand PvP is important and I embrace hostilities just as much as anyone else.

I don't think the problem is the balance. You don't need balance to have great RP. What does kill it is having 2 big factions on the server. You are either a campfire or a bandit, and both parties hate each other. What should be done is people need to understand what roleplay is and work with what they have to the best of their abilities. If you get initiated on, turn that into character development and make something out of it. If you see a guy by the fire, interact with him and do something new and push the Rp forward.

Now, this sounds easy, but when the hostage could not care about being initiated on and the guy by the fire would rather sit there alone, then it gets problematic. Both sides need to trust each other more and start looking past the stereotypes of campfire RPer and hostile PvPer.

Just now, Chilli said:

yes its 2 years after the outbreak, but what will be the date after the lore wipe? 2 months after the outbreak? 

Week 1.

Just now, Andrey said:

Week 1.

^^then i see some problems incoming 

16 minutes ago, Chilli said:

With a lore wipe we can start fresh. LM's can prepare a long-term lore, that can be influenced by the players.

If you were to introduce new things as of now, it would be pointless. The people have more or less already created a lore that no-one uses. The only fesable thing right now would be a super-soldier staff group like on mod days, and no-one wants to see that.

If we start fresh, we can go back to things like UN, chedaki, and other "lore" groups. Add to that that the LM's can reserve some "surprises" for us for when things go a bit stale (maybe more info on the virus, Iceland coming in for various reasons or blablabla). The main problem is that our current lore was abandoned a long time ago, no LM's really created long-term story lines (this is not the LMs fault, simply the lack of back when SA started). Now that we have a dedicated team to theses tasks, so much can be done. 

It just needs to be done, and done right, balancing LM's and large player groups, working hand in hand. We could have an everlasting evolving story, and not a stale one with the same kind of groups popping up over and over again.

Edited by uSx

1 minute ago, uSx said:

Add to that that the LM's can reserve some "surprises" for us for when things go a bit stale (maybe more info on the virus, Iceland coming in for various reasons or blablabla).

this is a good point

1 minute ago, Andrey said:

Now, this sounds easy, but when the hostage could not care about being initiated on and the guy by the fire would rather sit there alone, then it gets problematic. Both sides need to trust each other more and start looking past the stereotypes of campfire RPer and hostile PvPer.

That's my point about the balance, but explained it poorly. People are either one or the other and it ruins the RP for both parties. 

My point about the massive groups providing trolly RP still stands, however.

Just now, Marcoooz said:

My point about the massive groups providing trolly RP still stands, however.

Can't comment on it as I have not witnessed it. But in all fairness report them. If you see people giving 0 shits about roleplay and would much rather meme, then throw a report and see how memes will save them.

6 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Can't comment on it as I have not witnessed it. But in all fairness report them. If you see people giving 0 shits about roleplay and would much rather meme, then throw a report and see how memes will save them.

You beat me too it.

If people are providing trollish RP, as per usual => record and report. Don't hide away avoiding people. Play the game, report bad RP, and continue dedicating yourself to RPing as best as you can.

Edited by uSx
Weird shit going on

Just now, Andrey said:

I would if it wasn't for the massive backlash it would cause on both me and the group I'm in. I'd rather not deal with salty friends of whoever got reported, because that's exactly what we would have to deal with. That, and rumors being spread against us. It happens to anyone reporting bigger, more known members.

2 minutes ago, Marcoooz said:

I would if it wasn't for the massive backlash it would cause on both me and the group I'm in. I'd rather not deal with salty friends of whoever got reported, because that's exactly what we would have to deal with. That, and rumors being spread against us. It happens to anyone reporting bigger, more known members.

In that case PM the video to the admin team and we will rule 4 the shit out of the memes.

Just now, Marcoooz said:

I've rarely seen this happen, but when it does it's generally addressed by staff. There is no reason to worry about these issues. 

Generally if I see a bad RP situation I go about it like this:

- Talk to them. If they are mature community members, they should be open to a discussion. Explain to them what you consider bad RP and why.

- If they go around roasting, trolling, etc => report.

- If they continue after a report / go on borderline harassment => report directly to staff with evidence.

Don't be afraid of bullies.

4 minutes ago, Marcoooz said:

If they are trolling report them. You are doing more harm by just watching them and doing nothing. You don't even have to deal with their salty friends as I am sure staff can handle that problem. And, as for the rumours, you shouldn't care what people think about you. Go IG, provide the best RP, stand out to those trolls you talking about and you will earn enough respect to make those rumours null.

Edited by Andrey

Andrey hit the nail on the head. If you're providing some trollish RP I'll report you, doesn't and shouldn't matter who they are. The server is for serious role play.

I think more zany interesting groups should be brought back. I always loved the old groups and the unique feel it had. If you aim for realism super hard then youll get what you want. Realism, boring reality. im not saying make it a fiction tale or anything like that but I want zany weird groups back. For example the Imperial dragons, Somalians, Skalitsy Pirates, Etc. RP is stale because you dont have anybody but Survivor groups and army groups who rehash the same two things over and over, either some Pro Russian or Chernarussian group or some UN Clone. The Survivor groups vary from bandit to neutral to trading group. Its fairly stale and I want to see zany odd groups sprout up. I believe things like the 10th Crusade are a step in the right direction and I hope to see more groups like it sprouting up.

I don't know if a lore wipe will or will not fix this issue. That being said, characters can still come forward and have a broken mind and the charisma to pull others into a group of zaniness even if it makes no sense. Granted it'll be impossible to come up with something "new" and or "unique" however I think its possible to be the villain without having to resort to your group killing people. I think that the real issue comes down to smaller bad groups tend to get beat down far to fast by both good and bad larger groups thus causing many issues and the eventual dismantle of a group. This can happen to good groups as well. 

An idea: Find a goal that you yourself knows to be wrong. Then try and find a way to look at said goal as reasonable and or maybe even the correct way. Remember bad guys don't think themselves the villain in their story.

Just my thoughts on it.

Having a lore wipe is a double edged sword. On one side you have people who want a lore wipe, and want it because they can make new groups, or start up groups again that are restricted by the lore (Like the family I believe). And on the other side you have people who have very well built characters, and won't play on the servers because their characters won't have all those experiences.

Will it change everyone's mindset when it comes to RP? Slightly, but not a whole lot. Most people say that having a lore wipe will just cause people to forget some things like the clowns using clown masks, and the reapers using the skull masks. But the mindsets of the people still liking each other in game for OOC reasons will not change. I would not mind a lore wipe because new groups can come into play because its early on in the infection. You can also play a more paranoid character that's paranoid for a reason. Also a whole new lore and story can come into play. It would just feel fresh... At least for a while.

Just my two cents on the matter of a lore wipe when it comes to helping RP.