Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:03
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
CrescentGent

Current RP

Not sure whether it's just me or other people are seeing this but, I haven't played in a good 3-4 weeks. Reason being that every RP scenario I encountered has consisted of three phrases.

1.  Hey, How are you?
  2.  What's your name?
  3. Got any friends?

Then they typically leave after this. I don't wish to point the finger, but there have been an influx of white-names. I have nothing against white-names as we were all one once, but the situation described feels "White-namey", anyone else? Any suggestions perhaps?

If a similar thread has already been made, feel free to close this.

Strider    0

Stopped playing like 2 weeks ago, everything was so boring. To be fair tho, I was pretty boring myself, hence why I stopped playing. I just had no motivation so I wasn't gonna go around giving everyone shit roleplay.

Jared    9
1 minute ago, Krackerman said:

What's "white-names"?

RP "Bambi"

Vapor    0
4 minutes ago, Krackerman said:

What's "white-names"?

irrelevant memes. You're welcome.

Suggestions? Rob everyone and take their stuff. Get into firefights. Don't get reported. Good luck.

Edit: Oh yeah. "Try" to have fun!

Edited by Vapor

Castiel    1124

Throw a spanner in the works if it's boring for you. Next time someone comes up and asks "Hey what's your name" start yelling at them and get paranoid about why they want to know. If you make it interesting, the whole thing changes.

Frosty    0

Well it's very true, and pretty much everyone here that's been here for a year has seen and experienced this. Sometimes you just have to wait for phases to pass, and try and make the best of situations. That's what I've been doing. I made and new character, and I'm having fun even with the "Whitenames." 

Don't lose hope I guess would be my best suggestion. You have to find the good RP'ers out there, and trust me, they're out there. ;) 

Voodoo    487

Has been like that, i went on today and had an encounter like this and ill admit i didnt do no better but it was mainly due to having a month away from proper RP. I still think dynamic groups need to be stopped to allow for the growth of proper groups which will refresh RP with their backgrounds and goals, imagine the servers with SVR and SDS back.

Terra    1449

Can't say the same for every encounter. I have met some "boring and standard" roleplaying people, but also very interesting encounters. It is what you make out of it.

Mental    0
24 minutes ago, Castiel said:

Throw a spanner in the works if it's boring for you. Next time someone comes up and asks "Hey what's your name" start yelling at them and get paranoid about why they want to know. If you make it interesting, the whole thing changes.

I do this tbh. Whenever people ask me these questions I normally just roast them, makes life interesting.

Jared    9
9 minutes ago, Mental said:

I do this tbh. Whenever people ask me these questions I normally just roast them, makes life interesting.

I did this and got initiated on for being nosy.

Rampage    0

I haven't seen anything close to tolerable RP in the past few weeks or so.   Everything is a cringe meme.    As I have been saying,  I've seen it all and since the lore and rules are overly restrictive there is not a lot of room for diversity and creativity.  I'm tired of running into "survivors".   Give me back some imperial dragons and the hobos.   

Iso    1205

Fuck with 'em, its always more fun. Somebody asks you your name, give them three guesses, tell them a little bit more about yourself and, even if they get it right, tell them they got it wrong and finally inform them that fucking off is in their best interests. Or be nice, but being nice is boring :D

Shane    555

Like mental said just roast em and get all up in their face it can lead to some interesting scenarios to say the least :D 

Jacquel    4

I have noticed from my run ins on this server is that most people are far to... eager to meet someone. I always play my char on the skeptical side of things, it is like we forgot bandits exist and start to treat it like some sort of LifeRP. If you don't know the person, are you likely to just trot up to them and say "Hey man, I am John Q. Citizen, I was a dentist do you like my M4"

Zero    452
4 hours ago, Mental said:

That didn't work out to well tonight though, did it? ;P 

RP in general is pretty low in quality as of recently, 2/4, maybe even 3/4 of the groups are either inactive or do nothing but hide in their camps and drool over their shiny things. I would rather see people be running up to me and asking questions then not seeing anyone at all.

Sofie    0

The main issue for me isn't the encounters I get. I can most of the times make some fun out of it. My problem, however, is that I can't find a living soul on the servers...

Edited by Sofie

Shade    0

I usually find a bunch of people wayyyyy up North but other than that it's usually hard for me to get an encounter, but when I do it's usually low-quality because nobody knows what to do or talk about other than if I have any 5.56...

Mamba    0
14 minutes ago, Shade said:

I usually find a bunch of people wayyyyy up North but other than that it's usually hard for me to get an encounter, but when I do it's usually low-quality because nobody knows what to do or talk about other than if I have any 5.56...

Lots of interesting sites way up North. Plus the lack of people makes it ideal for hiding from the pesky bandits.

Edited by Mamba

AndreyQ    0

RP is boring and stale, so I created a gipsy character for comic relief and the last time I played him I actually have fun. But unless there is a lore wipe, I don't see anything changing. You'll meet some guy, he'll drop a "hi" and you'll drop a "bye" and there's your RP.

Husky    0
11 minutes ago, Andrey said:

RP is boring and stale, so I created a gipsy character for comic relief and the last time I played him I actually have fun. But unless there is a lore wipe, I don't see anything changing. You'll meet some guy, he'll drop a "hi" and you'll drop a "bye" and there's your RP.

Pretty, tried making a new character recently I for the most part just had a really hard time even finding people, even when the server was full it was surprisingly hard to find anyone, even went as far and roamed the "triangle" just to meet any living soul, course I did meet a few but only like 2 out of those 15 I met over those weeks were actually up for RP'ing, the rest of it was like you said yourself the "hello" or "5.56"?

AndreyQ    0
Just now, Husky said:

Pretty, tried making a new character recently I for the most part just had a really hard time even finding people, even when the server was full it was surprisingly hard to find anyone, even went as far and roamed the "triangle" just to meet any living soul, course I did meet a few but only like 2 out of those 15 I met over those weeks were actually up for RP'ing, the rest of it was like you said yourself the "hello" or "5.56"?

Sounds like people are hiding in caves with their gear, trying to escape the bandits with their "horrible" hostile RP. We need to create an expedition team and find those hiding spots and exterminate all that's there.

Husky    0
1 minute ago, Andrey said:

Sounds like people are hiding in caves with their gear, trying to escape the bandits with their "horrible" hostile RP. We need to create an expedition team and find those hiding spots and exterminate all that's there.

I really am wondering where the heck people are, this was before and after the whole GM trading camp so I doubt it was on the coast people were all though I could be wrong but you could be right might just be every group nowadays just internally RP in debug to avoid someone corrupting their RP who knows.