Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:14

Sign in to follow this  
AfrooJack

WHAAAT ???!!!!!

Question

AfrooJack    1

I pass the second step for whitelist, i wrote about 1 hours for my caracther background step and when i click the next button it returned me to the questions step , i click next again and it was nothing wrote in caracther background ??? WHY ????? I spent 1 hour writting for notthing ?? For a bug to delete everything that i had written ?? REALLY ???

Edited by AfrooJack

10 answers to this question

LightGhillie    84

You probably took too long, I think the whitelist has a timer that if you dont pass that timer you fail the whitelist. It could also be a bug as the website is still kind of new so there are bound to be bugs. And plus this gives you a chance to be SURE you know the rules so you wont be banned. Good luck and take it easy alright. ;)

Oliv    1542

It is unfortunately an issue with IPB based websites from similar issues I have seen stated here before. if you take too long to submit, the information is lost. It has always been a good idea to copy before you hit the send button or to work offline as others have suggested. Unfortunately there is no way to recover that information once IPB eats it. You will have to start again, but do not let this discourage you or make you rush your application. Take a moment to breath and when you're ready get back to it. We look forward to reading your application.

Skinner    430

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson. When spend a long time writing anything, especially on a website or form, always save it. I'm sure you already knew that but I can at least understand why you're upset. You got your hand burned on the stove, at least now you know not to touch it again.

I know your frustration. This also happens in other places on the forums like thread making and comments, so just always copy what you have written when you feel like the length is valuable enough. I have rage quitted a few times.

William    398

Yeah it's unfortunate, it happens to the best of us. Just take a deep breath, relax, get something to eat, and go back and start it again. Good luck my man :)

Chow    45

On one of the first pages of the whitelist proccess it tells you to copy the background on a text doc. Just sayin