Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:39

Sign in to follow this  
Autumn

LiF Official Lore Discussion Thread

Autumn    121

With the new lore just posted, we wish to have feedback on it before the final steps are made to open up the server. You can read the new lore here

We appreciate any and all feedback that you can give us, even the simple +1. 

Not enough pictures tbh.

Edited by Echo

That's actually pretty damn good. Some of the wording is a bit off but I'm a big fan, much better than the previous one. The only thing that's a little unclear is how 'fantasy' this world is? Like these foreigners that come, from the pictures it looks like they are Beastmen or something or are they just humans? Also you keep mentioning 'legendary beasts': are these just 'legend' or is this semi-fantasy where some minor monsters exist?

Apart from that though, congrats LiF team. I'll have to hop IG at some point

SatansNightOut    105

So you guys pretty much took everything we wrote and just subtly changed the details and wording. Nice. 10/10.

Also, to the dude that called it a picture book. What has changed?

Edited by SatansNightOut

3 minutes ago, SatansNightOut said:

So you guys pretty much took everything we wrote and just subtly changed the details and wording. Nice. 10/10.

I was about to say something about that... There was no way they wrote all of this in so little time. Right after you and voedrice left. Like... really...

Autumn    121
55 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

That's actually pretty damn good. Some of the wording is a bit off but I'm a big fan, much better than the previous one. The only thing that's a little unclear is how 'fantasy' this world is? Like these foreigners that come, from the pictures it looks like they are Beastmen or something or are they just humans? Also you keep mentioning 'legendary beasts': are these just 'legend' or is this semi-fantasy where some minor monsters exist?

Apart from that though, congrats LiF team. I'll have to hop IG at some point

It is something that is just thrown together. But think of the fantasy we are going for as barely any. Sure 'legendary' beasts exist in tales and stories, but people still believe in bigfoot, aliens and Santa Claus don't they? Take that as you will. Something can be 'legend' but the gullibility of man is what makes mythical creatures exist.

As for these Outlanders, they are humans, but are unlike the other races and are far from rational. Think of them as savage anarchists akin to raiders from Fallout. 

1 minute ago, Vapor said:

I was about to say something about that... There was no way they wrote all of this in so little time. Right after you and voedrice left. Like... really...

And yes, I did, I wrote this in three hours.

Claim plagiarism all you like, but I took most of the ideas I put toward the lore that Voedric and Satan made.

1 minute ago, Autumn said:

Claim plagiarism all you like, but I took most of the ideas I put toward the lore that Voedric and Satan made.

So, you're telling me, that you could have written the Lore in so little time, but decided that someone else write and it take longer? Maybe you should've written it from the get go.

Well looks good.

Autumn    121
Just now, Vapor said:

So, you're telling me, that you could have written the Lore in so little time, but decided that someone else write and it take longer? Maybe you should've written it from the get go.

Well looks good.

I was under the impression it wasn't going to take three weeks to write the lore. But alas, I trusted the two people who are great RPers to create a very workable and good lore which they did. While it is unfortunate that disagreements caused them to leave, it was their decision and their work to a certain extent. 

Thank you kindly @Vaporfor your feedback.

Volke    132

10 minutes ago, SatansNightOut said:

You are welcome to offer suggestions accordingly if you have issues with the current iteration of the lore or any recommendations for it - Thank you for the kind words and your feedback is appreciated and duly noted.  

Voedric    28
13 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Well looks good.

Well we had to start from scratch, he already had our base to work around.

And considering there's barely any noticeable difference, he just took our work and changed a few details.

Edited by Voedric

15 minutes ago, SatansNightOut said:

Still pretty picture booky. 

Well, this side project is going well.

The lore writers leave, then the remaining team takes their lore and rewords it a little, people still arnt impressed. I feel bad for those who have morivation for this to work (lif team included) but at this point it's probably best to call it quits.

Edit: seeing as Halven monged out, ignore this

Edited by Mental

16 minutes ago, Halven said:

Holy Snip

I am dumb, i read the last Lore again. >.> Ignore me.

I read the new one.

I like it. o_o

/wrists

imsosorryautumn

Edited by Halven

Chinchilla    75

I think the lore is actually too constraining upon characters we might want to make.  Yes you can redefine a personality regardless of where you came from (mainland) and what race you are.... but it does somewhat pigeon-hole you into a certain way to play.  Whether you're the kindest most nicest northerner anyone has ever met, you're still going to be very wary of anyone as they will immediately know that you're probably a badass and can slice and dice their whole family.

I was hoping the lore would be a little more vague? I guess?  I'm not sure, and it's 100% possible that I don't love it just because I thought it was going to be a little more "real world" and less "fantasy".  I know it could be much more fantasy than it is, obviously.  But tbh I almost would have prefered we take the real world at like 1300 or w/e the starting year is, and use real world history and just place the island somewhere in the atlantic ocean?  

That being said I appreciate the work that went into this, and I will make a character that fits the presented lore.  I just hope we can fill the server at this point.

SatansNightOut    105
On 1/26/2017 at 2:41 PM, Autumn said:

Most of the ideas YOU put toward our lore?

You literally stole pretty much EVERYTHING, and just changed ideals, names, details... WHAT... How are you okay with stealing my shit?

Jesus, Autumn. Are you kidding me?

I'm sorry, but you should not be apart of a staff team with the attitude you have. You claimed that you were going to leave the LiF staff team after everything was established, while barely helping establish anything whatsoever.

And then you went on to claim that you were NOT going to leave the team "out of spite" after we decided to give up on your lack of management as a team leader.

That is not something a mature and genuine staff member would EVER claim. Ever.

And what ideas? You contributed the ideas of "northmen" as Slavards. The rest was us. You had very little participation in the work.

On 1/26/2017 at 2:46 PM, Autumn said:

I was under the impression it wasn't going to take three weeks to write the lore. But alas, I trusted the two people who are great RPers to create a very workable and good lore which they did. While it is unfortunate that disagreements caused them to leave, it was their decision and their work to a certain extent. 

Thank you kindly @Vaporfor your feedback.

Good things take time, and I wanted to write something that was both vague and intrinsic. You are absolutely twisting words by saying "It took three weeks to write the lore".

No, it took us a few days to write it (after brainstorming), but the rest of the team had no contributions, agreements or opinions WHATSOEVER to share, even though we had been sharing the Google Document for days upon days. Volke was busy with his table-top games, Helix and Randle were absolutely non-existent... and you? I have no idea where you were. College? Sure. I get it. I work full-time, but I still made time.

We were supposed to be writing the lore, Voedric and I, while the rest of the team was to establish other facets, such as the spawn town.

We had so much work done, and the basics ready to review, discuss and establish amongst the team. But no one else except Voedric and myself were putting in effort during our free time. We asked you all MULTIPLE times to at least review our work. We asked you all multiple times to jump IN-GAME itself to review our ideas and the spawn town.

And did any of you?

No.

Instead of any contribution, people kept making excuses about participating in the project. And when the team leader himself decided to finally partake, he was upset about what ideas we'd come up with in his absence.

Autumn, I said multiple times: "Let's focus on the solution, not the problem." I said this SEVERAL TIMES.

I said, "We can rectify. Let's focus on the solution!"

I said this again, and again, and again, and again.

Until I gave up.

Voedric and I worked hard, tried our best, and presented our best possible work (we aren't professionals, mind you) to the team. The rest of the team was indifferent, but in the end?

We scrapped it because the Team Leader was unsatisfied, and became upset when we said, "What do you want us to say? No one else has put any effort in at all."

And then you try and hijack the work I've put into this project?

Nope.

- User was warned for this comment -

/endPOV

Edited by SatansNightOut

Just curious (not taking sides) could you share some examples of comparing two pieces showing what parts were plagiarized?

Not half bad man, great looking pictures as well!

Alex    451

I haven't fully read yet but I'm liking it. It's not as realistic as I was hoping but you've removed all the weird dodgy fantasy stuff, so that is nice. I hope the project goes ahead, I'd still like to play it.

Jm Von Cat    153
On 1/26/2017 at 4:46 PM, Autumn said:

If Satan's and Voedric's work is involved, give them credit for it. If not say as much. Honesty is not that hard of a thing is it? Nor is recognition where recognition is due.

Also, the condescending attitude of one of your "team" is uncalled for, perhaps you should talk to him about that. Remember, people are looking to you and your team and right now they are not putting on a good show at all.

But seeing as so far you have failed to do either of those things, which are both pretty common sense and common decency, here I am. 

Now, I have access to the original works, provided so that I could compare and analyze the two. Looking through it and "Your" lore, there are some noticeable, however minor, differences, that I will admit. But the whole story in itself rings along the same tune down to a note. A coincidence? I am inclined to disbelieve that.

Base plot as both go. >All three races at peace >Food/water becomes difficult to come by >Slavards primary aggressors > Gottlung's defend themselves >Khoor fight Gottlungs as well > Disaster/s > 'Outlanders' Invade >Exodus 

The faction organizations and beliefs.

Exactly the same, yet reworded slightly. Believe it or not, that is still called plagiarism.

Slavard, hardy north-men. Poor farmland, good hunting and fishing. Shipbuilders, clan system. Honor, glory, family. Pantheon system of religion as a primary.

Spoiler

175924a69b.jpg

Gottlungs, Farmers, builders. City walls and the feudal system, more inclined to singular god than a pantheon.

Spoiler

a2cb5c06c3.jpg

Khoor, Nomadic peoples, live from the land, masters of horses. Weakness is disapproved of or shunned outright. Spiritual belief system rather than one around gods.

Spoiler

11cf197d78.jpg

The biggest difference is you have strung more bells and whistles on to call it your own.

Other differences, you changed the disaster that occurred then added a new one as well (Bells and whistles) but follow the same base plot laid by Satan and Voe. Where as they have a specific explained reason for the wars start you have the same details just no base cause.

Where they were non specific in details of the war (Mainly Khoor involvement) you have made them a mercenary people. Then made the Slavards do a dis-Honorable action? 

The foreign force of "Outlanders" is exactly the same with minor detail edits.

Spoiler

761186afb7.jpg

Now, I could go through again and point more things out. But I have gone through the major points.

I await your reply. 

Edited by Jm Von Cat

SatansNightOut    105
17 minutes ago, Jm Von Cat said:

-Snipped-

Original Lore by Voedric and Satan

Edited by SatansNightOut

Autumn    121
25 minutes ago, SatansNightOut said:

It appears that you are all a bit sided to believe Satan and Voedric when they say they did do all the work in regards to lore. In our first discussion I wrote down all the demogrpahics to the races so while I could fight tooth and nail that it is my own work I won't.

While I don't appreciate being told to go fuck myself among other things I will acredit your lore as being inspiration for the following. However the basic story has been used many times before in many stories past, there is always a rising action and a falling action and while changes were made, I will not revert them because they have "No basis." The vagueness of the lore was agreed on in turn to allow other people to fill the niches, create their own stories.

The outlanders were a name agreed upon by all of us, so as such belongs to the group as a whole.

Regardless my lack of desire to speak to Satan stems from his temper alone. He was given the option to leave or stay, so was Voedric, after I was upset that they built spawn town with giant keeps and things that would be a near impossible feats, they got angry, as on day one this was an issue. I got angry, things were said and in turn the option was put on the table, they both left. I did not remove them, but in turn their attitude towards everyone was deplorable at best.

History is rife with people building off other people's work, we do not study Shakespeare and Van Gogh not to draw from them. If they claim credit, I will acredit them for inspiration and neigh else. Though it was not my doing to pull the lore.

34 minutes ago, Jm Von Cat said:

-snip-

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by Autumn

Sgttater    33
50 minutes ago, Autumn said:

It appears that you are all a bit sided to believe Satan and Voedric when they say they did do all the work in regards to lore. In our first discussion I wrote down all the demogrpahics to the races so while I could fight tooth and nail that it is my own work I won't.

While I don't appreciate being told to go fuck myself among other things I will acredit your lore as being inspiration for the following. However the basic story has been used many times before in many stories past, there is always a rising action and a falling action and while changes were made, I will not revert them because they have "No basis." The vagueness of the lore was agreed on in turn to allow other people to fill the niches, create their own stories.

The outlanders were a name agreed upon by all of us, so as such belongs to the group as a whole.

Regardless my lack of desire to speak to Satan stems from his temper alone. He was given the option to leave or stay, so was Voedric, after I was upset that they built spawn town with giant keeps and things that would be a near impossible feats, they got angry, as on day one this was an issue. I got angry, things were said and in turn the option was put on the table, they both left. I did not remove them, but in turn their attitude towards everyone was deplorable at best.

History is rife with people building off other people's work, we do not study Shakespeare and Van Gogh not to draw from them. If they claim credit, I will acredit them for inspiration and neigh else. Though it was not my doing to pull the lore.

When can we play? What are we waiting on at the moment? 

Autumn    121
4 minutes ago, Sgttater said:

When can we play? What are we waiting on at the moment? 

Password change, Skill cap change, Spawn Town redux.

Literally, a Day out.

Edited by Autumn

Sign in to follow this