Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:31

Sign in to follow this  
Chief

More Dynamic Arcon Events

Chief    595

In the past there were a few events (not sure if it was the loremaster team or GM's or who exactly) who had radio messages that were sent via arcon (for all who don't know the system that sends server side messages everyone can see global in-game) and if done right these dynamic events could bring some spice back to RP. Just thought people would like to discuss the past use of arcon and see if the community would like to see more random events. Hell even person radio calls, messages directly to a few people for a small event to happen. There is a LOT of potential here that isn't being used. Thoughts/Comments/do you want to see this? Let's talk below.

Edited by Chief

Zero    276

-User was warned for this post-

SpaceCowboy    226

Plus one Chef!

You and I have discussed this a few times and I would be all for rcon related events to occur in the server.

Shadows    987
Just now, SpaceCowboy said:

Plus one Chef!

You and I have discussed this a few times and I would be all for rcon related events to occur in the server.

They already do. Event team does some cool events every week just about.

Tbis is why we have the event section anyway, right? At the end of it all, if it's going to be a large scale event, you'll need to work with GMs or admins to get it sorted. If someone wants to do "unplanned" or dynamic events, sure, I guess? Not sure if this was meant for suggestions as the OP seems more written like a discussion unless I'm misreading it.

There has been two in the last two ish weeks? 

7 minutes ago, Charlie said:

There has been two in the last two ish weeks? 

This as well. I've only been told about these events in the last two days. Nothing on the forums beforehand or during, but more surprisingly, nobody seems to say a word about it afterwards. So I'm just left kinds scratching my head when nobody seems to have any knowledge of these events or talk about them in any facet.

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

This as well. I've only been told about these events in the last two days. Nothing on the forums beforehand or during, but more surprisingly, nobody seems to say a word about it afterwards. So I'm just left kinds scratching my head when nobody seems to have any knowledge of these events or talk about them in any facet.

That's one thing I did bring up to Staggs is the lack of 'hype' or after hype for the events, because they are dynamic not a  lot of people know about them, I'd love to see some forum posts about them / when they are going to happen. Would like to see more people involved because they are really fun. 

Edited by Charlie

Volke    132
Just now, Charlie said:

That's one thing I did bring up to Staggs is the lack of 'hype' or after hype for the events, because they are dynamic not a  lot of people know about them, I'd love to see some forum posts about them, because they are really fun. 

Maybe along with Arcon have radio chatter notification as well on the forums?

1 hour ago, Chief said:

In the past there were a few events (not sure if it was the loremaster team or GM's or who exactly) who had radio messages that were sent via arcon (for all who don't know the system that sends server side messages everyone can see global in-game) and if done right these dynamic events could bring some spice back to RP. Just thought people would like to discuss the past use of arcon and see if the community would like to see more random events. Hell even person radio calls, messages directly to a few people for a small event to happen. There is a LOT of potential here that isn't being used. Thoughts/Comments/do you want to see this? Let's talk below.

I believe they already do that, weekly I believe, with the event team. I participated in one last week, was pretty entertaining and had a large turnout. I would like to see this continue as it adds some flare to the servers, which is desperately needed.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

-User was warned for this comment-

Zero    276
1 hour ago, Chief said:

I agree with you that there needs to be more dynamic events, but according to some, there are weekly events already, if that's the case, then why don't we hear about them and why is no one talking about them? Do a lot of people attend them, is the staff team doing them when there are only 20 people on the server? There needs to be some sort of schedule set so everyone knows when the events will take place but also keep them dynamic. Like put a notification on the forums "Dynamic events will take place on Wednesday at [Insert time here], that way they are still dynamic, you won't know what it's about until you arrive, but you will also have a chance to set aside time to attend. It would also be nice to have two dynamic events running on both the servers, but keep them completely different. Example, on S1 there can be some sort of convoy of survivors transporting supplies, and on S2 there can be a U.N. unit doing research in a city or something.

48 minutes ago, Jabba said:

I believe they already do that, weekly I believe, with the event team. I participated in one last week, was pretty entertaining and had a large turnout. I would like to see this continue as it adds some flare to the servers, which is desperately needed.

-User was warned for this comment-

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Chief    595

Yeah I guess in agreeance with a few here I was unaware of any events that have taken place recently, as nobody seems to talk about it (That I have seen)

+1 to doing this honestly. Adds an ingame dynamic. The Halloween Rcon event was probably some of the best and most enjoyable RP I have had on this server. 

If they are thought out, and produce a fun situation. Than hell yea I'm down for more. +1 Chief 

+1 to this, these events are usually awesome if done well.