Server time (UTC): 2020-01-29, 09:53 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
boshchrissy86

ban appeal due to combat logging

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: i informed them off my situation about my game crashing, it repeatedly happened, which logs will show, i attempted to log back in the server after the restart but my game kept crashing before it even loaded and black screened so i couldnt get in plus i believe it might of been my ping as i was 200+ causing the game to crash and time out.

• 12.2 After a hostile action has occurred, you may only log out after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with those involved.

this rule states you can only leave after 30 minutes of breaking line of sight, doesnt explain if all other members in the conflict are killed, were you stand for logging, because if they were to take any othe action against us this would be RDM on there behalf because there members were killed.

• 11.2 You may not use information posted on the forums, said in TeamSpeak or acquired in any other OOC way to get unfair advantage in game. You may however use information acquired through approved IC methods on our website like open radio chatter threads or the DayZRP map.
  • 11.3 You may not use or give any information about your killer or the location of your body after you are dead, unconscious, when surrendering, handcuffed or have had your radio removed from your character.

quating this in the rules, you may not give any information about your killer or the location after you are dead, unconscious, surrendering or handcuffed or have your radio removed, not a single one of them had a radio on themselves did not inform there team in the field as they clearly said they heard us initiate so we would of heard them talking on there radio incharacter, so this evidence shows they metagamed and revealed the location over some sort of 3rd party program I.E team speak..

one more from the rules, just to verify, 

• 7.3 Kill rights are only shared between group members if the group members are within 500m of the situation taking place or have a direct line of sight.
they claimed that they had people 30 seconds away, the logs clearly show me and my friends were still ingame for 20 minutes, we were inside there compound and were in there for 10 minutes and outside there compound for about 5 minutes, we headed into the field infront which is wide open before i crashed then the server restart which  would of give them more than enough time to be on us, this clearly was not the case because there was no members near us at all there was just the 3 of them which were killed so combat log, will be void because there would of been no other members involved in the situation 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: why wernt these other players that were watching us asked for video evidence , why wernt there names asked in the report?, also as stated above, KOS rights only stand for other members of the group are within 500m or in line of sight. and combat logging on states if the other party members are still alive, in this case all members that give there POV were shot and killed within the field so they lose all KOS rights, because there character was killed, so basically by the game and the rules youve set in place were followed, this proves we did not combat log because there was no other members of the 3 still alive.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: rules to be more clear and understandable, because we followed the ones above, * points and ban to be uplifted*

What could you have done better?: informed an admin of the situation i had in trying to log back in, had there intention to listen to us in regards of the report.

thanks.

Hello boshchrissy86,

A team new team of staff different from the one that has handled your verdict has reviewed your appeal.

You were found guilty of combat logging due to logging out approximately 20 minutes after being involved in a hostile situation. In your appeal you state that 

there was no members near us at all there was just the 3 of them which were killed so combat log, will be void because there would of been no other members involved in the situation 

It does not matter if you thought there was no one else around to use obtained KOS rights from this situation or not. The rule is perfectly clear as it is written.

After a hostile action has occurred, you may only log out after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with those involved.

The rule does not mention whether it is or isn't OK to log out if you kill all the oppositions allies because it simply does not matter. It's 30 minutes minimum from the time you break line of site after a hostile encounter, no matter what. If you can not wait the minimum of 30 minutes you must ask for permission from those who may have rights against you, which you could have done by contacting those who you and your team had just killed. We highly suggest you do this next time to avoid further combat logging punishments.

In regards to this current situation, your appeal will be denied and the verdict will stand.