Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
SirMadness

How far can you go when backing things up with RP?

Question

SirMadness    22

I was thinking, there are so many ridiculous scenarios that whilst might be funny, would not work with the serious apocalypse. For example, acting out the Black Knight scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail and backing this up with, 'my character has gone insane and feels he has to protect the bridge.' I'd love to be able to do this but feel these little things might end up ruining the community. 

5 answers to this question

WilliAM    431

I mean you can pretty much do whatever you want here as long as it stays within the rules and its realistic. So you can't attempt to slaughter 10 people that initiate on you, or KOS someone because your character "is mentally ill". 

Edited by Will

Chow    45

You character are allowed to remember everything from the 'Real World' that dates before October 11 2014.
Meaning, roleplaying out a scene from monthy python would be allowed, yes backing it with ''my character is mentally ill'' is a bad idea.
Rather actually roleplaying out acting would be a good idea, a 'fun' idea.

Sofie    0

Like others have said, roleplay knowing about whatever that published before October 11 2014 is allowed. Just keep in mind that roleplaying insane is often overdone and some people would consider it bad roleplay if you don't do it realistically. Playing insane isn't just doing something weird and blame it on your mental state, there is a reason why your character acts the way he does and you need to cover all the aspects of the diagnosis. This is just an example of one of the guides on metal defects that the community has: http://www.dayzrp.com/guides/roleplay/mental-defects-disorders-from-old-site-r26/.

Edited by Sofie

Jade    219

I would say it depends on who you approach with the RP as some may not find it as funny as others (with the MP example) or understand your reason for doing so if you were to, as stated above, use insanity as your excuse. 

Beni    868

Hello @SirMadness

To put it simply, as long as your roleplay is serious, realistic and does not violate any rule what so ever, you can roleplay as you see fit. It's as simple as that. So, you can't do what I did and emote *hits vape and rips a fat cloud*... Yeah, don't do that... That's how you get permabanned. 

I hope this helped. 

Edited by Beni