Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:27

Sign in to follow this  
Stagsview

Loremaster Announcement #6

Stagsview    589

Hello there Community!

First of all we have to apologize for not doing this for a while. There is no excuse for not keeping you updated as this is something we  pushed for very hard but I let a lot of the weight get to me and completely forgot about this. So, we will be trying to keep this updated as much as possible so you guys are informed about "What is going on behind closed doors". Since We haven't done an update for a while the only respectful thing to do is go into detail into what we have been doing the last 2 months behind closed doors. So we are going to split these parts into: The team and internal affairs/structure, Mentor program/Issue's, Event team and bringing back events, current work on the continuation series.

With that said, we best get stuck into it:

Team:

It's been a rocky few months in all honestly, first with Roger leaving the team and just a few days ago Lankin has left the team along with the holidays that slowed down work things didn't start picking up again until after new years. Once the new year hit we set up our new Agenda and pushed our focuses into fixing these goals however we are still not working on full speed. Currently Undead is on holiday and has been for the last 2 weeks so we are only two people working at the moment. With that said, it does not mean we are not working, we are trying to push things to be done daily and getting shit done. With this said, we are looking for people to join the team as the objectives we have set out are for a 4-5 man team that includes management, writing, mentor program etc....

Event Team and events:

Now, here is some good new's. Since the beginning of the year we managed to form up the event team and since then we have been able to reach our goal of weekly events. Now, these events are dynamic mini events (Well not really mini, we need nearly 10+ volunteers each time we do event and it takes time to organize) and they are not advertised on the forums. But for those that want to know when we roughly do mini events they are mainly on the weekends (Friday, Saturday or very latest Sunday) and we try and aim them at 9pm server time. These events that we had are connected to our main event series that we are hoping to have threads up soon on the forums on where you can whitelist for these events. We are using mini event's atm to gain interest of the community in events again and hopefully spark interest high enough for big events. We also use these events to introduce factions/future lore events and leave them completely in control of the community. Now, we was hoping to make this announcement with some video's of the actual events that happened however I will have to update this post with links to them once the people that recorded them are up however we can provide you with the documents that explain the events and how we planned them. But we do plan to provide video's once we are able to get links to them. I also tried getting the lore for the stories but it would require some serious editing to not give away much of the storyline, so what was decided was to do an event "Recap" page every time we finish an event. There will be a link here once we get them up.

We do plan to continue these events and have one written up and ready. We are just waiting for Rolle to return from his break to help us make some accounts on the forums for certain groups or characters so we might have the next event delayed till next week.

Here is one links : 

Mentor program:

Ain't going to lie, it's been a rocky few weeks with this project and it did die out after we moved to the new site. We hardly got more than 1 app each day and our vast overestimate of a team of 15 people was a bad idea. Originally we were getting 3 apps daily but once the site switched over that number dropped drastically along with desire within the team. By the time we moved site and Christmas came, we were not getting any apps until the new year but by then most of the people involved had moved on to do other stuff. So what we are doing currently since last week is open up recruitment to recruit new members for the mentor program. However this time it will be a lot smaller to suit the demand we have. We have gotten a few apps and within the next few days (Before Friday) we will have a new team and will be on the roll again to get people mentored again. We are hoping to get this working again, if not well....we will sadly have to abandon the project due to the lack of interest from newer community members.

Continuation series:

This is something that we are trying to get kicking off the last few weeks. I myself have been focusing on writing lore explaining what happened Post-War and pre-infection in Chernarus. For those that want to read (Take in mind, I write this in my free time when I'm not busy) here is a google document giving you access to few and comment on the lore that I am working on: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tje9BNrRimXRIQ9H6Zq5oSFw-mOzoCaW3Tg09y3iC04/edit

Any feedback is welcome, it's not much I ain't going to lie there as it's something I just sit back and work on when I have free time. The pointers are stuff that I want to be working on and get into the lore. Any idea's, concepts or criticisms that you want to give about the idea are more than welcome as I want the community to give as much input as they want on the matter :). After this we are planing to get the taki lore done and the regions of southern Russia bordering the Chernarussian Peninsula for the continuation series. I personally wanted to do so myth/legend/child stories for what happened within Chernarus but that will be a project for a future date as the commuity wishes us to focus more on country lores. Fox also has some interesting stuff that he presented to me a few months back and that is something I personally want to work with him about to make Canon.

Now, in regards to factions. The main faction that we have planned is ready and it is something we have already introduced to the community through IG events and activities however we aren't going to be providing the lore until a lot more information has come out. We want to keep some stuff surprises but once out you are more than welcome to give feedback and be critical about the faction itself.

Past projects:

We wanted to try and document all the events/groups/factions and important stuff that happened IG for the community to read and enjoy, in a form of a time-lapse. This proved to be a lot harder than expected, this was not one of our main projects but as time went by we found it almost impossible to get a neutral perspective of what actually happened and to make it fair for all the players. Now, of course if anybody has any idea's to solve this issue please bring it up as it's something we still wish to do. But as it currently stands we will have to wait until a lore-wipe happens.

As we touch upon the topic of lore-wipe we have not been given the go to start planning that end. Once we do get the go from Rolle and the Admins it will be something that we can touch upon and be as transparent to the community as we can be about what we wish to change, do and how the wipe proceeds. But until then we are not planning anything for a wipe.

So yes, this is a long document with a lot of well...in all honestly realistic new's what has been happening behind closed doors. There has been other stuff we have done like getting highly more involved with reading group lore and the groups being accepted into the community as the standard's in group lore has dropped fanatically the last few months. We informing the admin team as much as we can on that front and trying to help them out as much as we can there.

As stated before, this is a realistic announcement, we are progressing on the event side and we have noticed that people are enjoying what we are churning out for the community. We wish to have 1 event each week exchanging time-zone's so our american players have a higher chance to experience them also.

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm the LM's and we will do our best to reply to any of your questions/concerns that you have. Once again, sorry for the lateness of this update as it is something we really should have done a while back.

Steggs- Loremaster

Skinner    440

I know things are hard, especially having lost some LM's but great job with the mini events and the continuation series. It's a bummer that the mentor program might have to close, there are a TON of members who really REALLY need it but unfortunately it looks like they think they are 10/10 rpers so they're not signing up :/ 

Keep up the good work!

Stagsview    589
Just now, TheMatt924 said:

I know things are hard, especially having lost some LM's but great job with the mini events and the continuation series. It's a bummer that the mentor program might have to close, there are a TON of members who really REALLY need it but unfortunately it looks like they think they are 10/10 rpers so they're not signing up :/ 

Keep up the good work!

It's not something we are going to give up on with a first try, however if with the new approach things don't improve we would have to consider moving our focus to elsewhere.

Cid    333

Slightly disappointed, but only because a lore wipe hasn't even been touched yet, and I'm super pro lore wipe.  So ignore my selfish self if you want.

Otherwise thanks for updating everyone again.  I really enjoy reading through this; it brings light to a job that some people feel like you aren't doing anything with, and beside that almost minute point it still shows the Loremaster team being transparent.  It's nice.

Have a parrot. fiestaparrot.gif

Stagsview    589
7 minutes ago, Cid said:

Slightly disappointed, but only because a lore wipe hasn't even been touched yet, and I'm super pro lore wipe.  So ignore my selfish self if you want.

Otherwise thanks for updating everyone again.  I really enjoy reading through this; it brings light to a job that some people feel like you aren't doing anything with, and beside that almost minute point it still shows the Loremaster team being transparent.  It's nice.

Have a parrot. fiestaparrot.gif

Trust me, It's something we want to start on but we kept being told: Until BETA for the wipe. Once we get the get-go to actually start the process for a wipe...it's something we will be informing the community on as much as we can so it's fair for you guys and also the loremasters vision on what we should do.

P.S:

shipitparrot.gifshipitparrot.gifshipitparrot.gifshipitparrot.gifshipitparrot.gif

Cid    333
Just now, Staggs said:

Trust me, It's something we want to start on but we kept being told: Until BETA for the wipe. Once we get the get-go to actually start the process for a wipe...it's something we will be informing the community on as much as we can so it's fair for you guys and also the loremasters vision on what we should do.

No offence to the one telling you that, but pretty much everyone knows that's a terrible idea.  It doesn't need to happen immediately, but it doesn't need to happen in 6-12 months either.

Convince harder Steggs.  Believe in the me that believes in you.

Stagsview    589
Just now, Cid said:

No offence to the one telling you that, but pretty much everyone knows that's a terrible idea.  It doesn't need to happen immediately, but it doesn't need to happen in 6-12 months either.

Convince harder Steggs.  Believe in the me that believes in you.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here. I'm on the Pro-wipe shipitparrot.gif and have been onboard for a wipe since November last year. I made a statement ages ago in regards to what the loremaster team want. But I explained myself in detail in the following Post. Here is what we want for a battleplan on the wipe. Hope it might explain better the situation rather than me ranting on :D

I always loved dynamic events. This one was really fun, kinda unfortunate it ended the way it did but it was still an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with the LM-business, CH Steggs.

Cid    333
9 minutes ago, Staggs said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone here. I'm on the Pro-wipe shipitparrot.gif and have been onboard for a wipe since November last year. I made a statement ages ago in regards to what the loremaster team want. But I explained myself in detail in the following Post. Here is what we want for a battleplan on the wipe. Hope it might explain better the situation rather than me ranting on :D

I'm not saying that you need to convince us, the community members, about the Lore wipe.  I mean, in that same thread the poll kind of speaks for itself.  138 for to 61 for not should be enough to realize what the community wants.  Since numbers are a big thing right now, according to that poll that's a nice 69% of those who had participated.  I'd like to think that is a decent amount, bar everyone who doesn't get on the forums.

I mean more towards convincing the big cheese.

Damn good update. :)

Alot of I's and not many we's coming from this update.

I thought about putting it nicely, but I'd rather be honest than subtle. The other LMs should be dropped or at the least admins need to set expectations, and determine if they're being met. A team cannot work when all members are not equally motivated to work. I sympathize greatly for Staggs as I was in a similar position early on, and undertaking large initiatives is hard, and even harder when there's no one to even bounce ideas off of. Any staff position should have a presence, we as community members should know your name and role. Rachael and Undead seem non-existent, one is away (for 2 weeks+ vacation?), and the other I just see always at the bottom of TS with Vic. I think admins took a chance hiring more new people who have less forum activity believing new people may have ideas, a good idea in theory, but it's just wound up with very little results. There's no real excuse for it either.

All I can do is judge off the work I visibly see, and what I've seen in the past months is extremely little for a large lore team. I think Kattica put it best when she said if you don't have the motivation to do the work, step aside and let someone else. I hope to see more work soon, but more than that I hope to see better choices.

Edited by Post

Ellie    335

There's just no motivation from what I can see (and I'm sure others can see this as well). When I look at Staggs I see, passion, determination, motivation, an actual interest and the want to help and make everything that the LM team is trying to achieve possible. Let's face it, if it wasn't for him, the LM position would have possibly been disbanded by now. However, when I look at the other LM's I just see a pink name with a fancy pink title. Nothing remotely tangible to what Staggs has accomplished and shown to us the community. So LM's, it's time to wake up. It's either step it up or leave and let someone else who has the drive and motivation to actually try and accomplish something. Either way, I can only hope for the best.

Noxious    136

Dynamic Events always make for good alt characters, allowing you to differentiate from your normal RP comfort zone. 

Overall its a good update,  you have been honest and given us the bulk of whats been happening 

Bizbok    70
4 hours ago, Post said:

I thought about putting it nicely, but I'd rather be honest than subtle. The other LMs should be dropped or at the least admins need to set expectations, and determine if they're being met. A team cannot work when all members are not equally motivated to work. I sympathize greatly for Staggs as I was in a similar position early on, and undertaking large initiatives is hard, and even harder when there's no one to even bounce ideas off of. Any staff position should have a presence, we as community members should know your name and role. Rachael and Undead seem non-existent, one is away (for 2 weeks+ vacation?), and the other I just see always at the bottom of TS with Vic. I think admins took a chance hiring more new people who have less forum activity believing new people may have ideas, a good idea in theory, but it's just wound up with very little results. There's no real excuse for it either.

All I can do is judge off the work I visibly see, and what I've seen in the past months is extremely little for a large lore team. I think Kattica put it best when she said if you don't have the motivation to do the work, step aside and let someone else. I hope to see more work soon, but more than that I hope to see better choices.

I apologize for appearing to do absolutely nothing. Undead is away, and as far as I know even though he is away he is STILL dedicating time to LM writing. I am not away, but to be honest I'm fairly lost and as helpful as staggs is he can't show me how to do everything all by himself. This is all I'm going to say on the matter, the people I have helped know who they are and the writing I have done that isn't for everyone to see right now will be seen eventually.

I appreciate your feedback though, thank you. <3

Just got around to reading this. 

Thanks, Staggs, for making sure the community is up-to-date with LM status and plans for the future.