Server time: 2017-08-23, 21:33

Sign in to follow this  
Mass04

Creating new suggestions based on old ones?

Question

Mass04    4

I posted a suggestion thread and after some time, I thought up an appropriate suggestion based on the thread I'd already posted.

I posted this new suggestion in the old thread but it was basically dead by then.

Am I able to post this new suggestion which has a similar premise to the old one or will it be labelled as a repost?

Edit: Reason I ask this is because I don't know how the community reacts to bumping and it feels a bit pointless to try and draw attention to the old thread because many people read it but few replied.

Edited by Mass04
Explaining why I asked the question.

3 answers to this question

William    398

Necroing super old threads isn't encouraged. If you feel that your first thread is totally dead, then by all means go ahead and post your other suggestion. 

How old is your first thread?

Often when you post a discussion or suggestion that have there have already been made a thread about, a mod will merge them for you. However, sometimes it is necessary to start the discussion from scratch since the situation in the community constantly changes, and you might have like you said made some changes to it. Necroing old threads can give a person points and it will in most cases not bring enough attention back on the suggestion. I personally advice you to make a new thread, depending on how old the other thread are and how much you have changed in the suggestion.

Edited by Sofie

Mass04    4
23 hours ago, Will said:

Necroing super old threads isn't encouraged. If you feel that your first thread is totally dead, then by all means go ahead and post your other suggestion. 

How old is your first thread?

About 6 days, still on the first page of suggestions if you scroll down but nobody is replying to it anymore.

22 hours ago, Sofie said:

Often when you post a discussion or suggestion that have there have already been made a thread about, a mod will merge them for you. However, sometimes it is necessary to start the discussion from scratch since the situation in the community constantly changes, and you might have like you said made some changes to it. Necroing old threads can give a person points and it will in most cases not bring enough attention back on the suggestion. I personally advice you to make a new thread, depending on how old the other thread are and how much you have changed in the suggestion.

While the scenario of the suggestion is the same, the actual suggestion is different so yeah, it'd be best if I made a new thread.

Thanks for both of your inputs, apologies for the late reply.

Edited by Mass04