Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:26

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  

Shut down S2

Like the title states shut down S2. I am sick of seeing S1 have 20 and then S2 having 10ish people. Why can't that 10 join S1?

Forget the "Oh my ping is better on S2 I only play on S2" when ping makes no diffrence.   I Suggest making S2 a weekend only server. I jump on RP to RP, not jump on a empty server with 10 other people in it to gear RP and campfire.

Weekend only server? No, considering S1 had a considerably large queue (5-10, sometimes more) for the majority of my time in game today.

Edited by Tosh

Castiel    1124

I mean, plenty of days I see both servers relatively full. Shutting it down completely would do more bad than good.

SweetJoe    283

I would tend to agree, but...no. Server is already paid for and most of the time majority is on s1.  Tonight was a slow night, if admins were to take it upon themselves to temporarily shut down a server when the average combined player count is less than 60, id be cool with this, but to outright take the server away? no.

The staff used to do this when it made sense to, reopen it later.  But of course this would mean that the admin team would need to do this, possibly the GM team if they can still shut down the server.

I'm over tired, this is probally a lot of run on sentences.

Staff should shut it down as needed.  Closing it just for the weekends could mean on some nights people wont be able to play without waiting in a long que.

Would of been nice to shut down s2 tonight and have a population of 50 on one server.

I heard that certain staff members refuse to shut it down cause they prefer to play on a server with 2-10 people.

Edited by Winslow
added a line of truth clouded by purple vaugeness

shookyaaa    27

-1 from me, i've seen S2 be full on peak US times, and for me the ping is way better. When S1 is like full with 20 in queue, people would rather just got on S2 and RP, especially if the ping is way better. When its like 12 o clock on a week day for US and 6 AM in EU, the servers generally aren't gonna be full. Would not be effective and would literally just make 40 player queues. 

SweetJoe    283
1 minute ago, shookyaaa said:

-1 from me, i've seen S2 be full on peak US times, and for me the ping is way better. When S1 is like full with 20 in queue, people would rather just got on S2 and RP, especially if the ping is way better. When its like 12 o clock on a week day for US and 6 AM in EU, the servers generally aren't gonna be full. Would not be effective and would literally just make 40 player queues. 

Today was a pretty dead day all around. combined server count hasn't raised over 60 since I got on about 5 or 6 hours ago.  On a day like today a shut down might be ok.

I agree with you, ive seen it be an average combined population of 80 to 100 on some weekdays.

Chewy    563

No ;n;

Me and my buds have been playing on S2 more than 1 recently due to all the queues and it's been getting pretty filled.. Saw a good 50 online earlier.. And it's not like it's dead. We've had plenty of interactions on S2. ;-;

I'd say no, There's been plenty of action on S2 and I've met some fun people on it the few weeks I've been here. I've also met some horrible.. horrible... RPers that seemed more obviously interested just getting gear rather than interacting... and yea ... it's somewhat neglected with every player establishment on S1. But it seems to be doing nicely for the most part. I've been joining with like 20+ people playing at most times. Both were pretty full earlier today too.
My play hrs vary though and aren't too consistent, so maybe it's also just good timing

Keione    50

You wanna shut down S2 so that the que for S1 can be 20 people long? No thanks my dude. It'll just discourage people to wait.

I have yet to see a que for S1 unless it's EU time, I only see S1 with 20 and S2 with a 20. Unless it's peak time for EU. With the US peak times I have yet to see a full server. 

Edited by Dustin

Today the servers were pretty much 20 20 all day, on days like that I think it would be beneficial to close S2. People seem to complain about excessive lag and desync from S2 anyway. Can't please everybody hey?

Irish    73

Nah mate I hoped on last night at like 8 or so GMT and there was a queue of at least 5 that was kept for who knows how long and s2 had close to 30 people so....idk maybe a slow night later but closing s2 won't do shit. Unless like the guy suggested closing it when both have low pop and reopen later if needed 

Ellie    335

Is locking servers not a thing anymore? I would send a server message to S2 letting them know it will be locked and they should move on to S1. But completely shutting down the server, nah. 

42 minutes ago, Oisín said:

Nah mate I hoped on last night at like 8 or so GMT and there was a queue of at least 5 that was kept for who knows how long and s2 had close to 30 people so....idk maybe a slow night later but closing s2 won't do shit. Unless like the guy suggested closing it when both have low pop and reopen later if needed 

24 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Is locking servers not a thing anymore? I would send a server message to S2 letting them know it will be locked and they should move on to S1. But completely shutting down the server, nah. 

Yeah can we not just lock the server when theres say 10 on s1 and 10 on s2? It wouldnt effect queue time that way. If s1 is 60/60 and S2 is 30 then whats the point in doing anything to it? Just use the lock function... Going down to 1 server permanently  with a community of over 20k members is a ridiculous idea. 

Pirurin    0

Nope for me,

I'm really sure that most all people in this community are joining DayZRP because they want to be part in the roleplay, including me. I think for a normal gamer people who just want to PVPs, camping and loot lots of gear, they will not bother to take a test and writing their background character to get whitelisted, and facing a lot of rules. They would rather join the normal server with other PVPers. ^_^

I agreed that some of the players may took an advantage from this by looting gears in less pop server. But not all players are like that. In my case, I really want to join in high pop server in S1 to RPing with others, but sadly I'm always being kicked because of the high ping (why I'm so far away from u guys T_T). I'm fine about queuing or high ping to join the server, but because I'm always being kicked I ended up playing in S2. Yup it's pretty sad that S2 got less pop than S1 (so far I only encounter 2 players for the past 3 days in S2), but for me it's not bad because I always saw S2 in medium pop every time i played there. Even my ping in S2 is quite high (280++ before start joining the server) but it will not bother me, I still can play the game. :)

I'm sure the Administrator created S2 for a reason. Maybe some players in S2 has a same issue like me. For me the community will became larger if they have more than 1 servers. But if the majority in voting to close the S2, I couldn't say more about it. I would be selfish if I only concern about my issue and not others. I'll just follow the majority -_-

For now let just hope that we'll get more players in S2, and grew more people in the community. :D

I think closing S2 until S1 is full and then open it would be the best choice as we have done that in the past and it worked well.

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

I agree, lock one server instead of closing it entirely. 

Not shut it down completely, But this last week only time I see a server Que is when it's EU peak time, after that it's empty I guess I worded it wrong. Lock not shut down.

33 minutes ago, Andrey said:

I think closing S2 until S1 is full and then open it would be the best choice as we have done that in the past and it worked well.

This is what I ment, guess I shoulda worded it better.

Chewy    563

My only irk with the idea of locking a server down is the fact that some people may genuinely only be able to play on one of the two regions, which could s u c c if they were forced to play on S1 but they lag like no tomorrow, where as on S2 they have a grand ol' time. I dunno though.

I also think that region locking would probably not be a good idea either.

Edited by Chawy

13 minutes ago, Chawy said:

My only irk with the idea of locking a server down is the fact that some people may genuinely only be able to play on one of the two regions, which could s u c c if they were forced to play on S1 but they lag like no tomorrow, where as on S2 they have a grand ol' time. I dunno though.

The ping difference from S1 to S2 is about 20 for me and I'm in the Americas, I don't see how that makes the game unplayable. But I don't agree with shutting/locking a server either, I just think that ping is a poor argument.

Edited by SomeWeirdAssGuy

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

I'm a fan of this suggestion. Locking S2 with a warning should be sufficient. Complete shutdown is unnecessary.

Sir Hawke    28

This has been up for debate at least 5 or 6 times now. Yes this would be good when both servers are almost empty. But Rolle has already paid for both servers ("1 year advance" I think he said last time or maybe I'm wrong don't smite me pls, k?). Some other things where probably also said, but I have forgotten what it was and I'm too lazy too go look for it.

So basically I already know the answer to this question from the last five times this question was asked: No.

But why not try to do it again. I want this to happen too, but I have a sneaky suspicion on what the verdict is gonna be.

-1 2 servers is perfect tbh even though it is fair to say s2 is unplayable for me but it helps when S1 is full at night time.

2 hours ago, Chawy said:

Bruh try being AU, we lag no matter what, ping makes such a little difference in DayZ cos the games just laggy anyway.

Spartan    1026

wut...

me and my group have been forced to play on s2 the last week because S1 is always full.