Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:16

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Shane

DayZRP Mobile App

DayZRP Mobile App  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a DayZRP Mobile App?

• Yes.
    • No.

Shane    361

Would you like to see a DayZRP Mobile App if possible? I see a lot of people complain about the website when they are on their phones and I agree the website doesn't work that well on mobile, so I decided to throw this up to see what people think about it :D 

Static    231

Would be cool to see, though I'm not at all familiar with app development. Cost might be an issue. 

Shane    361
Just now, Static said:

Would be cool to see, though I'm not at all familiar with app development. Cost might be an issue. 

That's why I added the "if possible" part :P 

Shane    361
Just now, Noxious said:

Your idea, that means you have to code it up for us then ;) 

Yeah about that :S

It's been requested before and the mobile site is fine IMO. If you click the button down below and click add to home screen, it will create an app for you.

This is what the button looks like (only for iPhone)

IMG_2285.PNG

Sir Hawke    28

Is it needed? No. Would it be cool? Yeah I guess, but its gonna take alot time and money that would be better spent on other things. Just way to much work for something that is already easily accessible on phone browsers. I would rather save the money and use it on developing a mod when mod support comes out for standalone (in about 65 years).

So that's a no from me.

Edited by Sir Hawke

Shane    361
6 minutes ago, Billy said:

It's been requested before and the mobile site is fine IMO. If you click the button down below and click add to home screen, it will create an app for you.

This is what the button looks like (only for iPhone)

IMG_2285.PNG

Can't add to the home screen :/ 

William    398

The mobile site right now is fine tbh but an app would be pretty cool 

The mobile site is ugly and slow. I only use it to search the forums, not reply to anything. However, I'm not sure it's necessary. My phone is full enough.

I don't see why not but there has been lots of this exact same question thread and nothing happens. 

This is a business after all and thinking about it from an economic POV it wouldn't be worth it. 

I'd say 90% of the time I browse the forums I'm on my phone. Granted, I don't tend to post often, but it can be pretty slow at times using the web browser. 

An app would be cool and I'd definitely use one if we had it, though it's by no means necessary and would probably cost a fair amount, so whether it's a priority right now is questionable. 

Edited by UltimateRageeee