Server time: 2017-08-23, 21:34

Sign in to follow this  
GreekGodx

Offical Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread

GreekGodx    122

Star_Wars_Last_Jedi_c18-0-621-352_s885x5

The title for the next Star Wars movie was released today, so I took it upon myself to make this discussion thread for the film and for any future Episode 8 material. (Trailers, Art, Theories, etc.)

What do you guys think of the Title? I think it is interesting and makes me think a lot on what this movie is going to be about that is for sure!

Edited by Lucius

Othuyeg    20

Latest info is that the last jedi is

Spoiler

Jar Jar Binks

Oh this makes me so hype

Did anyone find out who Rey is related to

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766
3 hours ago, Billy said:

Oh this makes me so hype

Did anyone find out who Rey is related to

Na but probs Luke

Shane    361

I've a feeling Luke gon' die, gonna get Han Solo'd :(

Edited by Shane

Species    240

It was teased that the Episode is supposed to be like Empire Strikes back, the scenes revolving around Luke and Yoda. This is going to be mirrored in Episode 8, except Rey and Luke.

Edited by Species

Did anybody else immediately notice the face of Yoda appears if you connect the stars behind the word 'Jedi' ?

GreekGodx    122
Posted (edited)

The Grey Jedi finally getting recognition it seems. Force-users who balance between both Light side and Dark side abilities while also trying to keep everything neutral. Qui-Gon Jinn was probably the first to be seen with this kind of ideology in the films, in which now makes Episode I more watchable because now we might have to look over Qui-Gon and his notions towards the Jedi.

A good teaser that doesnt spoil very much, and keeps people on their toes.

C9YRt1SXkAEYN-k.jpg

Edited by Lucius

can't wait for this new star trek

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766

HOL-

Scooter    51

Teaser wasn't very impressive to me tbh, most teasers make me want to see the movie or at least build up some sort of hype but it looks like they literally skimmed through and just cut some footage out from different spots and stapled it together. Didn't see anything I liked or made me want to watch it anyways so I probs won't. Only thing I really liked about the Force Awakens was the First Order and the ending. Rogue One was just trash. Whatevs.

Idole    180

I'm really looking forward to this have always been a fan, grew up watching them. Fairly enjoyed Force Awakens I'm sure The Last Jedi will be the same.

Major    436

Yay.

A corporate money-grab remake of Empire by Disney! Let's milk the franchise until the people grow tired of the same old bread and circuses, and when the brand name has grown stale. By 2075 we will probably have 40 something like Star Wars movies like the Marvel Superhero movies. Star Wars was over in 1983. At least the prequels were an original idea as opposed to a remake, even though they sucked. 

LET IT DIE.

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    766
4 hours ago, Assad said:

Yay.

A corporate money-grab remake of Empire by Disney! Let's milk the franchise until the people grow tired of the same old bread and circuses, and when the brand name has grown stale. By 2075 we will probably have 40 something like Star Wars movies like the Marvel Superhero movies. Star Wars was over in 1983. At least the prequels were an original idea as opposed to a remake, even though they sucked. 

LET IT DIE.

Shut up Major.

You will still watch it and most people will still enjoy it.

Major    436
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Randle said:

Shut up Major.

You will still watch it and most people will still enjoy it.

I probably will, and I'm sure many people will enjoy it because we have dumbed down our movies to the point where dredging up nostalgia from 40 years ago is considered fresh, new, and exciting. I don't hope for it to suck because Star Wars was my childhood, but at the same time I won't be surprised if it turns out to be yet another rehash. Nevermind the fact that the trailer literally shows speeders on an icy planet fighting walkers.

Edited by Assad
Addition