Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
LightGhillie

S1 Winter, S2 Summer?

Question

LightGhillie    90

So last night I was mostly on S2 wearing a tracksuit but I noticed I was warming up, even very hot at one point that I had to get into a pond quickly. I then noticed the low player count on S2 so I switched over to S1 and noticed that I was promptly cooling off even without being damp. And I could see my characters breath in S1 but not S2.

7 answers to this question

Saints    92

I'm pretty sure that every server is set to winter on dayz after the 61 patch . Could be multiple different things to why this is happening , the weather , how long you have been running for as that heats you up a lot staying in one spot will cool you down quicker. 

But i am like 80% sure that it is like that with every server , as my character on server 1 had the status of hot.   

WilliAM    431

I don't think it depends on the server, it depends on the patch. I'm almost positive that after the .60 patch it was summer, hence the constant "I am hyperthermic" messages on the bottom of your screen. After .61 I believe it turned back to winter. Right after the patch I started to get cold more. I got more cold messages in the first day of .61 then all of .60. For me, both servers felt the same.

As far as the breath goes, I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. I remember seeing my breath in .60, which took place in summer time. 

LightGhillie    90

@Saintz Wasnt really running at all to be honest. I was walking up and down NWAF looking for RP because I dont know where most people hang out these days as Stary and Kab seem pretty dead. Like when im sprinting the warming up messages pop up a lot more frequently more so than it did it .60. But even when im walking I still get warm. I remember when I was gearing for the first time I was actually Hyperthermic before I got to Stary so I was in the pond for like 30 or so minutes before I lost the status effect.

Alex    465

I think the standard automatic 'season' is Autumn atm. In a place like Chernarus Autumn would be cold but not super cold. 

I'm pretty sure it is winter, in the country of Chernarus right now.

Server owners do not have the ability to change the season, it is up to the devs what season we are stuck on.

Mental    0

This game has actual seasons? I thought it was just an excuse depending on how the temperaturesystem bugged out each patch.

Noxious    136

Its a cool idea man, when the public and standard modding for the game is available. This definitely should be taken into consideration, it would make for two different worlds. Making a good variety of RP depending on which server you are on.