Server time: 2017-08-24, 01:22

Sign in to follow this  
SirMadness

Emergency use of OOC/IC to Prevent RDM

SirMadness    22

I am currently being called in to write POV for RDM report (I did not RDM, its for my friend), and it was an honest mistake as he victim was wearing the wrong clothes in the wrong place. Anyway this isnt a rant about that but I had an idea and wondered what people thought. 

If a player opens fire on someone else accidently, to prevent RDM and a whole lot of grief, simple of of OOC (if possible) or if absolutely necessary the use of IC speak to shout and say dont shoot. Ask me if you dont understand what I mean. Thanks in advance

Pinky    128

You should not use OOC IC to stop someone from RDMing you. If you are innocent and they MisID you like Eagle says, try to flee and plead IC and say your not who they are looking for. If they do RDM you, You have the option to address them on teamspeak, or make a report because they did MisID. If you go OOC trying to stop the RDM and they still manage to RDM, you will be punished for using ooc in IC if anyone makes a report.

This is under suggestions, and for the sake of RP I am going to say it should not be allowed.

Dusty    1065

I mean, just run away if possible and put up a report if you feel like it, or if you get killed. 

If you want to, try to stop them ICly, but you should never ever go OOC in voip. Doesn't matter the situation, just don't do it. There's no need for it, and if we allowed this, then others would use it for reasons that aren't emergencies.

Skinner    440

No, keep it IC. In the report you are referring to, the guy wasn't even looking at your friend, he was jogging by and hadn't even noticed you when he was shot from behind. he immediately shouted "WOAH! WOOOAH WOAH WOAH!" in VOIP. This is a pretty good indication that you've mis ID'd your target and they are pretty damn surprised and confused by why you're shooting them. Why you decided to chase them down and finish the job I have no idea. Next time if you're not sure, try using your words and RP with them a bit to get to the bottom of the situation, there is no need to rely on OOC or any new rules to prevent rulebreaks. I'm not saying you're guilty and I hope the report gets worked out, obviously staff will sort it out one way or the other.

Smokey they bear says "Only YOU can prevent forest fires."

DayZRP says "Only YOU can prevent RDM's"

William    401

Prevent all of this by just properly ID'ing your targets. I get that it can be hard at times, but if you're not sure it's best to not shoot.