Server time: 2017-08-17, 09:56

Sign in to follow this  
MatthewFC

Disable beans for certain forum sections

MatthewFC    9

The title says almost everything. It's been bugging me for the last couple of months that people can freely give beanz on any thread, including those that they would otherwise be unable to post altogether. These formal threads, comprising mostly those within the forum sections for Reports and Appeals, should remain free of clutter and as concise as possible, but instead we get people that purposefully make their threads appealing to the mob's taste in order to win some real or imaginary popularity contest that should by all means be kept outside those areas. I can give a few examples, of course, but it would seem like I'm singling out particular users when that's not my objective. It is also of secondary concern that Staff may somewhat see their judgement swayed by peer or community pressure expressed implicitly through those means, when facts and facts only should guide their judgement.

So as the title says. if it is at all possible, the ability to give away beanz should be disallowed on those sections.

Does it really matter?

Don't be mad because you don't have that many Beanz. Honestly if people want to give beanz for something they agree with or like let them.

William    397

If I see a post I like I'm giving them beanz, idc what forum section. So it's a -1 for me as I don't think this is needed 

Seems ridiculous and unnecessary. It's fake currency on a fuckin gaming community man.

Castiel    1124

I don't really think they are that big of a deal to remove it. I'm pretty confident no Admin or GM writes a verdict in the hopes of getting BeanZ for it. No reason to remove it. 

What Castiel said is pretty much it. If the beanz influence someone's opinion ... there's more wrong with them than the beanz themselves.

I often give beanz to people who point out things not mentioned in a report as well. GMs in the making these kids.

Edited by Tosh

You give beanz to a post that you like. Believe it or not but people actually enjoy looking through the report and appeal sections.

If they see a post they like then they should be allowed to give them beanz for it regardless of if its in introductions, general discussions or reports.

Boston    643

If someone wants to drop a joke or two on a report or appeal, just to add comic relief, then that's their business. I've done it, and I know several others have done it, too. Some people go too far and suffer the consequences. It's their risk, and at the end of the day, their punishment. Let them decide their fate instead of enforcing a rule and making the forums more claustrophobic.

-1 From me.

Killerwelden    153

No

Alex    451

I don't even think it's possible, there would be a way to remove the ability to give beans in the subsections of Reports and Appeals entirely, but I don't see the need. It's not causing any harm, you can't even put a note with beanz anymore.

52 minutes ago, Covert said:

Does it really matter?

what he said :ph34r: 

i need beanz anywhere i can get em'

Noxious    136

I think the only place it could be removed is in the report threads. Sometimes it can be biased if say the OP gives beanz to the staff member dealing with it, or a staff member gives beanz to the OP.  Just my opinion, but other than that I do not think any changes need to be made.

O G    30

Nah dude, I'm slacking in the beanz. Gotta try an get em where I can. If I gotta get reported to get them beanz I will, shit some serious business.

Pussy    311

Don't think anybody's opinions on a report or ban appeal are going to be bought by BeanZ. That would be pretty fucking pathetic. Not to mention they'd likely get their asses kicked out or at least given a staff strike for that sort of bias. 

Don't see a problem with it. It's a fun thing. Don't ruin it. 

Edited by Meowtica

MatthewFC    9
18 minutes ago, Meowtica said:

Don't think anybody's opinions on a report or ban appeal are going to be bought by BeanZ. That would be pretty fucking pathetic. Not to mention they'd likely get their asses kicked out or at least given a staff strike for that sort of bias. 

Don't see a problem with it. It's a fun thing. Don't ruin it.

Never thought a ruling would be "bought" by beanz, my reasoning was more like "if staff X sees that a dissenting opinion to his intended ruling has a ton of beanz, they may feel inclined to change said ruling".

Still, evidently people doesn't agree, so I guess that's it. Keep your fun :)

O G    30

No amount of beanz could change an outcome in any way, persuasion through beanz specially these kind would be impossible. Needs to be at least Bush's Brown sugar baked beans. 

You know how huge the bean revenue is from reports, and appeals??!!

You'd be leaving tens of community members starving; bean-less.

Pussy    311
2 minutes ago, matthewfarenheit said:

Never thought a ruling would be "bought" by beanz, my reasoning was more like "if staff X sees that a dissenting opinion to his intended ruling has a ton of beanz, they may feel inclined to change said ruling".

Still, evidently people doesn't agree, so I guess that's it. Keep your fun :)

Nah. Might be a fun conspiracy theory, but that won't happen. If it ever does happen, there would be at least 2 other GM's telling them to pull their head out of their ass.

And thank you. I will. 

Brad    155

NAH MAN NAH.

We need all the opportunity for beanz.  If any of us have a shot of bringing down Big Business Beanz like @Tosh and @Terra

#Wethe1%

Also as has been stated.  Beanz dont really mean much, especially now that there arent messages to go along with them

Edited by Brad

-1, Freedom to give bean when and where ever is so ever important in today's society.

I like being able to give beanz to quality memes and dank posts. I rather not lose this privilege. 

Ellie    335

How dare you put a damper on my beanz!