Server time: 2017-08-17, 13:46

Sign in to follow this  
RULTonic

First time offence but 3 day ban?

RULTonic    0

I may just be salty about this but I do understand why I got ban.

So recently I was ban for 3 days and given 10 warning  points for my first offence, I admitted to Combat logging (logging off before 30 minutes had past after break line of sight) but this was out of my control for I had family issues I had to tend to. I personal think a 3 day ban for my first offence of anything isn't truly fair because I see people who KOS get only 2 hour bans. I do fully understand why I was ban and I do accept the fact that I should be temp ban for doing this but I still think 3 days is excessive I could understand a few hours or even 1 whole day but 3 days I think is a little much.

Let me know what you think and if i'm just being salty about it. 

Reav    127

Standard punishments for everyone. I've never heard of a 2 hour ban... 

1 minute ago, RULTonic said:

I I see people who KOS get only 2 hour bans. 

Where? Im pretty sure that never happened. 3 days is the standard for "minor" offences like Combat Log. Just the way it is.

RULTonic    0

on the sever clock I have seen a person (name of the character is currently escaping me. Maybe i'm wrong I am willing to admit that since you guys deal with this more then I.

Castiel    1124

3 days is the ban people get for combat logging. First time offender or not, it changes nothing. Rules are rules.

Eagle    341

Everyone gets treated the same new or not you still get banned for any form of rules that have been broken in reports.

William    397

It doesn't matter if you're new. If you break rule, you get the punishment, whether it's a verbal warning or not. And as far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a 2 hour ban. 

5 minutes ago, RULTonic said:

on the sever clock I have seen a person (name of the character is currently escaping me. Maybe i'm wrong I am willing to admit that since you guys deal with this more then I.

I'm assuming you were IG when you seen this , what you seen was the IG log stating the time remaining on the person's ban, not their full Ban.

KOS has always been a 7 day , at least for the almost  2 years I've slummed this place up. 

RULTonic    0

I understand now that 3 days is standard but I still do disagree that a minor offence should be treated as such. 

its really whatever you guys are admins your words are final

3 day ban is nothing. Don't break the rules, and you won't have to deal with our "very long bans". 

LoneStarrr    84

First offense or not it's going to be the same for everyone. It's easy enough to follow the rules and avoid these bans. I've been here 3.5 years and only have 1 ingame ban on my record. There are even people who have been here longer than me and have no ingame bans. 

The harsh punishments are there for a reason, to deter any rulebreaks and I'd say it's pretty damn effective. 

Also, Whip seems to have explained the 2 hour ban issue pretty well. 

Unpopular opinion here, but frankly I agree with you. I think the report and punishment system here in the community could afford to be revamped. It works, but it doesn't retain new players greatly. Sure, these are standard punishments, but there are a lot of rules to read, comprehend, and remember. I don't argue that, I just don't find the system to really teach new people. I think the idea of being dragged into lengthy reports, having to defend yourself, and be banned for a few days looks uninviting. Statistically also we lose a small hunk of new players to this. They rather try something else than put up with the system.

You deserve the same punishment as anyone else and vice versa. old new whatever. Everyone needs the same set of rules. People don't learn from a pat on the back and a handjob. Just how life is in general. 

Edited by Diamond

7 minutes ago, Diamond said:

You deserve the same punishment as anyone else and vice versa. old new whatever. Everyone needs the same set of rules. People don't learn from a pat on the back and a handjob. Just how life is in general. 

Yea , all the rules are cut and dry. Laid out for you to read. 

Edited by Mamba

7 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Yea , all the rules are cut and dry.

I dunno about all the rules, in all honesty. The new ones have some flaws for sure, especially for new people. Over time, sure, it'll get sorted. But I think it's a stretch to say it's cut and dry with everything written on that page.

Caesar    438
2 hours ago, RULTonic said:

You might have seen 2 hours left from their ban. 

Everyone should be treated the same, it encourages people to understand that we take the rules separately and is fairer for all members.

ExoticRainbow    186
3 hours ago, RULTonic said:

isn't truly fair because I see people who KOS get only 2 hour bans

I think if you are ig and you see this you are seeing a timer

I.E. They got a 7 day but there is only 2 hours left until they are unbanned 

The whole point of the punishment system isn't staff being assholes, or anything like that. It's to show you what you did wrong, and to ensure you wont do it again.

It's not a big deal bro. Next time you're in a situation, you might remember how much that ban sucked, and remember the rules a bit better.

McCollin    0

The punishments are what they are. The admins aren't being dicks, they have chosen that punishment to assure that the offender no matter who gets the message that it isn't gonna fly here. I can understand the salt for an unexpected event coming out of nowhere but you admitted to the crime, now you gotta do the time.

Where's the link to the 2 hour ban for KOS? I don't believe you.

Combat Logging is Combat Logging, no matter what the reason. 

8 hours ago, RULTonic said:

Let me know what you think and if i'm just being salty about it. 

You're being salty about it.

Combat logging isn't a minor offense. Maybe from your POV it looked so, but think about it the other way around. What if someone robbed you and you are hunting him down, he then logs out before its allowed, thus combat logging? It sucks that you can't hunt them down and that's why there is a 30 minute counter before you can log out. Its not a big deal, I've combat logged by accident more then once and you just got to accept the punishment.        

I don't believe the system we have now is optimal nor makes the community more attractive to join.

Instead of having the system we have now, where a person keeps getting the same punishment over and over for their repeated rule breaks until they are put on a final or just suddenly kicked out because of rule 4. There should be a system where that person's punishment increases the more they repeat that exact rule break.

For example; you post somewhere/something which is considered an unnecessary post, which is a known fact that many newcomers do in the report section as an example. For this, you will get a small punishment that will not restrict you from any in-game activities, only forum related or just simple points in itself. If you then repeat your mistake a second time, the severity of the punishment will increase, but it will still not restrict in-game activities. At one point the repeated mistake will punish you to a degree where you have two options, change or end up getting kicked out. This way we will allow people to make mistakes in the beginning so that they instead learn and try again, instead of giving up and leaving the community, which a lot of people do. It will also remove the unfairness of people being punished for rule breaks on only one part of the community, for example letting their forum actions harm their in-game activities. Appealing would also be easier since then people could focus on improving what they were actually punished for, instead of having to show improvement at everything.

Edited by Sofie

Lemons    189

I don't believe that I've heard of a 2 hours ban.

But surely the 3 Days is the standard punishment. 

I got a 5 day ban first time in the server its standard.

1 hour ago, Sofie said:

There should be a system where that person's punishment increases the more they repeat that exact rule break.

I think it should be dependant on if its an accidental rulebreak or not, the attitude of that player in the reports and if he wants to improve, and the evidence at hand. With evidence and attitude weighing most heavy in the verdict.

Edited by Misty