Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:20
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Jeebs Vander

day z or 64xday z?

Question

Hello! Just got myself whitelisted and I have a noob-type question. I launch Day Z from Steam and now there is an option at the beginning for standard Day Z or 64bit Day Z. Which type is DayZRP US server?

11 answers to this question

Eagle    409

The 64 bit is Just a personal prefrence , you can choose to pick either one but its known to crash.

/Moved to Questions 

Castiel    1124
2 minutes ago, Jeebs Vander said:

WHICH is known to crash? the 64 bit one?

Yes. Slightly better performance but more prone to crashing. Your choice.

WilliAM    431

I usually just run it on normal. I've tried x64 and it doesn't really boost anything for me. 

Mira ultimately up to you, I personally find little to no difference between x64 and normal

Bran    0

It doesn't make a difference what client you use, they can both connect to our servers.

Personally I would advise using the normal one as the x64 client has been known to crash rather frequent and since it doesn't give much of a performance boost its not really recommended.

LoneStarrr    84

I'm not super tech savvy but if I'm not mistaken, 32-bit programs are only able to use up to 4GB of RAM whereas 64-bit programs can use up to 192GB. So, using 64-bit will most likely give you a boost in performance (it has for me personally), but it does crash more often for some people. I don't play enough DayZ anymore to say just how much of a problem the crashing is, but I would say it's worth giving 64-bit a try. 

Lemons    269

I've noticed that time to time when i play on 64bit it's crashes  but with the 32 it's seems to be fine for me. 

Mexi    1300

Hello @Jeebs Vander looking at the thread you've had a variety of answers. 

From these answers if you could choose the one which suits your question the best then the thread by clicking the tick to the left of the post you're wanting to choose and that'll let others that want to know the same answer. If not then please feel free to wait for more responses until you find the right answer.

Many thanks.

ChilliVanilli    65

ok, first thing, why i didnt know this earlier:D  i played today the 64bit version and it was fine, only one crash but i have these kinds of crashes also with the 32bit version. the feeling from the 64bit version wsa great, i mean i dont see any changes with the frames but the game feels faster as normal. i played it for maybe 3h today. i will post again here if i have much more crashes the next time.

Pussy    378

I had my game crash once playing the 32 bit version, so it happens with both versions in all honesty. I haven't played the 64 bit version yet just because I know that my game will crash and the most inconvenient time, and likely glitch out my character and kill me. 

Edited by Meowtica