Server time: 2017-10-17, 04:08
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Explain "Rule-Play"

Question

Zero    451

Please explain to me in an extensive manner, exactly what 'rule-play is'. Please and thank you.

10 answers to this question

Charlo    0

8eed27e8811d71f7b745d356768baadb.png

It's not hard to have a gander over the rules, It's usually a case by case basis when it comes to reports so there is no 'extensive' answer so to say, it's all there in the rules. 

Diamond    0

I initiate on a man and say oh sorry you're the wrong guy and don't take anything from him, he uses his KOS and kills me. Ruleplay. 

Rule play is using the rules to gain an unfair advantage. Another example would be me punching someone for rp reasons in character during hostile rp and they light me up. 

Another example of ruleplay would be executing a hostage just because they mouth off to you and say "shut your mouth or I'll kill you" he talks again either hostile or not and you kill him. Ruleplay. 

One more relevant one would be killing someone in a settlement just because they have it in their OOC rules you can't do something and they don't need to kill you but chose to anyways. You steal from a tent or mouth off to a guard and you get dommed. Instead of imitating or engaging in hostile rp they kill you. Txt book rule play. 

Edited by Diamond

Noxious    136
1 hour ago, Diamond said:

I initiate on a man....

Diamond has put it very well here. I suggest using this as your reference :)

Zero    451

If one were to say "Stay back or I will shoot, I don't want any trouble!", and you kill them, would this be classified as rule-play? I understand the meaning of the rule, however, I was curious to this situation in particular. Thank you all for your answers. When I read the rule I was under the impression that rule-play would be classified if someone used the rules instead focusing more on the RP.

Edited by Zero

Charlo    0
Just now, Zero said:

If one were to say "Stay back or I will shoot, I don't want any trouble!", and you kill them, would this be classified as rule-play?

Depending on the situation, if the guys in a house and not a DIRECT threat then it could be, sadly enough it comes down to what GM team do the verdict. 

Zero    451
Just now, Charlie said:

Depending on the situation, if the guys in a house and not a DIRECT threat then it could be, sadly enough it comes down to what GM team do the verdict. 

Thank you, all these answers were helpful. 

Charlo    0
2 minutes ago, Zero said:

It could also depend on the amount of time you take to kill said individual, if you kill him as soon as he says 'Stay back or I'll shoot' then I wouldn't consider it ruleplay, if you were to wait ten minutes and then snipe him from the hills, it could be coincided ruleplay. 

Edited by Charlie

Mexi    1288
18 hours ago, Zero said:

Hello Zero,

From this post I presume you are happy with the responses given by other members of the community to clarify your question. If you could choose the answer which suits it best by clicking on the tick to the left of the members name so that we know you have found and are happy with said answer that has been given. If not feel free to wait for more answers to be posted.

Thank you kindly,

Mexi