Server time: 2017-10-24, 02:27
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Billy

Metagaming?

Question

Billy    0
  • 9.2 When your character dies you must continue your role play as if you were wounded in the situation that lead to your death.

I was confused regarding this rule, if I am killed in a firefight, and hit respawn, I am allowed to then call out anything I want to my group regarding info on my killer, where I died etc? Can I have some clarification as to if this is allowed, because this used to be meta gaming before this rule was implemented.

17 answers to this question

LoneStarrr    84

Lemme just edit this again. 

Guess I wasn't wrong after all. It seems you are supposed to refrain from giving out killers location/name/etc but you can still RP out that you were wounded and recovered if asked about it later. If you ask me, this is the way it should be anyways. 

Edited by LoneStarrr

Billy    0
Just now, LoneStarrr said:

-snip- 

I was late and wrong

It's bittersweet honestly, stops the awkward RP after meeting someone you killed but makes you actually powerful even after you die.

Wong    0

Do you mean calling out info about your killer after your death during a active firefight?

Wong    0

cause If you give info about your killer (what they look like , where and what gun they had) then that's meta straight up

Billy    0
3 minutes ago, Wong said:

Do you mean calling out info about your killer after your death during a active firefight?

Not when you're dead, but after you hit respawn and can run around again.

Just now, Wong said:

cause If you give info about your killer (what they look like , where and what gun they had) then that's meta straight up

not by the rules right now.

Just now, Shadows said:

Okay I apologise for my last answer as I am tired.

As per the metagaming rules you cannot give out information about your killer once you are dead and these NLR rules are kind of weird where they play. So yes and no. 

Sorry about my first answer

Yea when you are on the dead screen sure, you cant say anything. I'm saying after you respawn, and can move again, are you able to then spill all of that info out?

Billy    0
Just now, Shadows said:

Rule 11.3 covers this nicely. Basically nope, you forget what happened

Fair enough then, thanks again.

DickSlide    250

-snip-

Billy    0
Just now, DarkSide said:

As others stated. You do not remember anything that happened IC if you die. So in this case you have said Billy, nope.

I mean the rule states that you should roleplay out that you never actually died, meaning you remember everything that happened in the situation. If I get killed, I still remember who killed me, what group they were with, where it happened, etc. If I am wrong then I'm just really confused.

DickSlide    250
6 hours ago, Billy said:

I mean the rule states that you should roleplay out that you never actually died, meaning you remember everything that happened in the situation. If I get killed, I still remember who killed me, what group they were with, where it happened, etc. If I am wrong then I'm just really confused.

-snip-

Billy    0
Just now, DarkSide said:

No. You do not remember your killers name aliases or the group that killed you. You can RP out that you were in a fight and wounded and you had to seek shelter to bandage your wounds. This is stuff you do not remember when you are killed in a firefight and or when you are executed.  

hmmm that could be confusing to some not as bright like me, thanks.

Dusty    1598
9 hours ago, Shadows said:

-snip-

9 hours ago, DarkSide said:

As others stated. You do not remember anything that happened IC if you die. So in this case you have said Billy, nope.

9 hours ago, DarkSide said:

No. You do not remember your killers name aliases or the group that killed you. You can RP out that you were in a fight and wounded and you had to seek shelter to bandage your wounds. This is stuff you do not remember when you are killed in a firefight and or when you are executed.  

Uhhh... Yes you can... It says nothing in the current rules about having to forget everything that happened or who it was that did it to you. You can remember it all, you just need to RP it out as if you were injured from it (because obviously saying "You killed me, but I'm back again" is fucking stupid).

A screenshot of the NLR rule will show that it says nothing about forgetting who, what, where, when and why:

5aa05e72ec.jpg

Anyways, I actually had this question myself, and when I questioned Rolle about it, he said that giving out the info immediately after death is considered meta still. However, the answer that I was given was that you can remember it all, have to RP out the injury, but that you can only tell it to your friends when you meet up with them again.

Sasha    0
5 hours ago, Shadows said:

Okay I apologise for my last answer as I am tired.

As per the metagaming rules you cannot give out information about your killer once you are dead and these NLR rules are kind of weird where they play. So yes and no. 

Sorry about my first answer

Final answer as per the rules: You don't remember when, where, how, who killed you. You RP as if you have a broken arm or wherever you were shot, for instance but don't remember what happened.

Can we get a third and final answer that can be taken as fact from an admin? Cause you flip flopped and now state the opposite of what has been stated in the past, in the rule and in the discussion about the new rules. The intention of switching was to allow players to remember to further rp instead of having one sided encounters where only one side has any recollection. While I agree this shouldn't mean call outs during the firefight you are making an official statement nullifying the new and updated nlr and claiming its the old one with enforced injury rp. The nlr rule mentions nothing of not being able to remember so you are completely incorrect in the way you give this "final answer" in your official capacity. Thus it can not be taken seriously. The only part you have correct is the meta gaming rule that does not allow you to relay this information to your friends right after death. That however does not mean anything else so the main part of your post is completely wrong and should be edited as to not cause confusion with other people who do not understand said rules.  I'd like a definite answer from someone that can be used as a reference, an admin preferably. Written on phone. 

Edited by Sasha

Castiel    1124

I really don't know what Shadows and DarkSide are on about. Memory loss? Who knows. Apologies for that. I'll snip.

Either way, Dusty's answer here is absolutely right. You can remember your killers, you can remember what happened, you RP out being "injured" but it would be metagaming to give information about your killers immediately after dying - essentially for fair play. Like he said, wait until you meet back up with your group to give any information ICly about what happened.

Oliv    1890

To answer this I would look at both 11.3 of the metagaming rules which state

783efa6dc9.png

As per the grey area that seems to be brought up in regards to the fact that after I hit respawn I am no longer dead, I would then say that 9.1 of the New life rule addresses that.

1512432085.png

Calling out locations, descriptions etc would fall under that, getting involved in a situation that lead to your death. I would say that after the KOS rights had expired though, you would likely be fine. At that point, you have to reinitiate and most of the advantages are gone. 

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Edit: I noticed Castiel's answer after I posted, and although it brings up some very similar points,  would still suggest a reinitiation be done just to eliminate the advantage, but if no one saw who killed you it is possible  they don't have shared KOS rights from your death anyways.