Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:14
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
StoneFace

Base Place

StoneFace    11

Alright, this is an opinionated thread where a faction's settlement should be placed based on personal preference. What's the best place to choose for a faction's settlement based on tactical positioning, ease of access, trade area, loot storage, etc?

Edited by StoneFace

Well people are mostly in the triangle because it has dank loot so if you wanna get attacked a lot be there.

Ease of access wise, people spawn on the coast so maybe be around there?

Tactical positioning - probably a hilltop is a good spot as well as a place with walls and a clear field all outside.

idk just some stuff I thought of.

William    427

Well first you want to choose somewhere that can be easily defendable. So choosing your settlement to be in the middle of Kabanino probably isn't the best decision. Any settlement can gain a lot of popularity if it's active + has loot. The more the people go, the more the RP, which drives even MORE people to go. 

As far as loot and storage go, placing a settlement right near military location isn't that bad of an idea, however it's not necessary. What I have found is that if camps have a lot of tents filled with that juicy gear that everyone seems to love, the traffic increases greatly. Because who doesn't love gear? Amirite? You shouldn't have a problem with placing tents anywhere. It's not against the rules to block some small entrences (like holes in walls), however do not make an artificial wall out of tents. You will get slammed for AOGM. 

With trading, it just has to be in a relevant location, not like far up in the northeast. That's just my opinion on the topic

Somewhere out in the middle of an empty field, makes it harder to sneak up on it and sniper shots from the treeline are more difficult to pull off. You'll want some kind of reliable water source nearby or in the settlement so that you don't have to break RP to tend to IG needs.

Dusty    1572

I mean, I wish people would hang out in the triangle area more, or even the GM area. The GM area is fucking lit. I thought it was awesome when GMTC was at the summer camp. Sure, it became a bit small, but they could have moved to GM itself, Pogorevka, or even Sosnovka. 

I absolutely hate having to travel long distances to find people to RP with. Not sure why people/groups like to isolate themselves. If you're only here to just inner RP and stay away from the "shit tier RP" in the triangle, then rent your own private server and do it there. Can't stand the elitism some people have in this community. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm here to RP with other people, not just my friends or people in my group. That sounds boring as fuck tbh.

Anyways, if it were up to me, I'd settle down in the GM area. GM hasn't been part of the "triangle" for a long time now, so it's like the perfect mix of being outside of the most popular areas, and being close enough to them that you can still find people to RP with. 

Another chill place would be the trap house/safe house area located here:

4fbc17bd49.jpg

Edited by Dusty

Moody o7    0

One of the best places I think to have a base would be Devils Castle. 

1.) Great view which also provides an easy way to defend yourself/base

2.) Close enough to the triangle that you will get an influx of people that'll come visit and rp with

3.) Also basically right where you want to be if you are trying to bring gear back to camp if thats your thing (personally I just have what I carry on me and don't stockpile stuff in a barrel somewhere).

StoneFace    11

Good suggestions all around, I just recently discovered a little gem in the woods north of Altar radio station. A summer camp with a soccer field in the forest. It has a nice water tower and winding road leading down into the cabin area. Probably a good place for people heading from Novy to Severograd to stop and chat with, not to far from Devil's castle either.

Edited by StoneFace

Jacquel    4

Well my char is a loner so I always chose some secluded small house off in the middle of know where.  Set up my camp fire and barrels then just loot the surrounding area. I generally find something close to a larger town with a little bit of every spawn. Then I don't usually leave the surrounding area unless I have too.

When I am picking a building it has to be either surrounded by trees to make it hard to spot my stuff from a distance, or with large open fields all around so I can see everything around me when I am just chilling at my camp.

Noxious    136

Easier to make a settlement when there's already preplaced fortifications. A place like Polana Factory has a perimeter wall making it easy to block the holes with tents and call it a settlement. 

Billy    0

Best place to put settlements are on the outskirts of high traffic areas, people will visit you and give you interaction. You also want to keep it in a good place to defend, somewhere possibly uphill or with little entrances. Lastly, keep it near somewhere with good loot, you are going to want to stock up and possibly trade with people.

IMO these are what I would look for^

Edited by Billy

Mexi    1288

There is a barn complex south of VMC which I personally think is a nice spot. 2 separate barns, 2 entrances and not too many holes in the walls. Plus the area around it is pretty clear minus the trees just a bit south. Its quite close to the triangle so you could expect a fair few people coming to trade and of course attack. Just another spot to add to the list :) 

Edited by Mexi

Zero    452

The best place to put a settlement? No where, because settlements are pointless. Hope my advice helps ye.

I always like the summer camps set up and wanted to do one at those.. ...here's some for reference..

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Summer_Camp_Friendship

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Summer_Camp_Builder

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Summer_Camp_Romashka

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Summer_Camp_Pioneer

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Summer_Camp_Arsenievo (has a water pump and medical tents where supplies can spawn.. my fav choice honestly)

StoneFace    11
7 hours ago, Zero said:

The best place to put a settlement? No where, because settlements are pointless. Hope my advice helps ye.

:P

Shane    555

I like Zelenogorsk school there's a lot of windows to shoot out of and when people try rush the building you can just hide in a corner and gat them when they walk in and you can position people on the roof and pick off snipers.

Alex    465
On 22/01/2017 at 9:54 PM, Dusty said:

I mean, I wish people would hang out in the triangle area more, or even the GM area. The GM area is fucking lit. I thought it was awesome when GMTC was at the summer camp. Sure, it became a bit small, but they could have moved to GM itself, Pogorevka, or even Sosnovka. 

I feel like the fact that so many people want to hang out anywhere but the triangle, it makes the place not in fact, lit. I mean that being said I wish it was more like mod where everyone is everywhere on the map, don't really matter about area.

Stradic    286

Depends on what the faction is looking for I suppose. If they are looking for some place more accessible to gear  then they will properly set themselves up somewhere on the western side of the map and while some places look great already for settlement/RP hubs I am more looking forward to what people do with settlements when base building comes out. I am hoping that with base building settlements that it will create multiple RP hotspots across the map.