Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Volke

Updated LIF Server Rules Discussion

Volke    131

Now that the updated rules are live for all the players to see and we wait for the server to get fixed - I figured it would be an appropriate time to throw out a discussion thread for an questions, concerns, issues, or suggestions to the ruleset before the server does go live.  

Updated Ruleset can be seen here

Voedric    28

We would all like your opinions on the added rules.

We've spent many hours discussing amongst ourselves of what changes and additions we could add to the server to make it promote roleplay amongst the players while also having some sense of danger and excitement that comes with conflict.

We think we may have achieved that exact balance, hopefully you all do too.

Whip    0

A few things i have an issue with.

1.5 Players must be logged in to the DayZRP TS in the event they need to be reached urgently by a GM or Administrator

Rule 1.5 is Ridiculous,  We have never Had this as a rule for DayZRP project and it should never be forced on any game that is not TFAR enabled especially when you can TP to and from players as a GM.  and have a global chat function to ask for people to come on TS.

4.2a Houses and buildings with doors are off limits to open and pillage

This is also Ridiculous,  If there is to be a siege and the attacking side kills all the defenders they should be allowed to pillage what they can carry and leave.  That is the whole point of a siege.  Disallowing player to open closed doors, Which is the major purpose of Judgement hour, is crazy.   If anything this rule should be changed so that during a siege , the defenders can only claim gates and all buildings must remain unclaimed to allow players to move and fight through them.

9.2 Players are able to bring trading carts, wheelbarrows, and normal carts with items to Council members.  They will receive silver or copper depending on the items, however GMs can set limits as to how much can be sold and what can be sold.

This rule was never meant to be a way for people to offload carts full of items to a gm for straight up gold or silver , But moreso an incentive to get people to bring items to trade at market. Like if you bring a cart to market you could claim 15 copper or w.e for supporting the Market by trading and whatnot.   Are there times when Gm's should purchase items from players to benefit RP and fix an oversaturation of items , Of course.  But this should not be a crutch for the players to fall on . 

10.3 Can be seen if sent by a person in view or by a claim in view

I don't get what this means, Of course they can see it if they are in eyesight of the Raven,  that's how eyesight works.  If you see a raven, then you see a raven. Maybe you guys can clarify this rule.

11.Religion

11.1 Players are able to create religions or gods, assuming they meet the set requirements.

11.2 To create a religion, you must have the title of Pope (100 piety) as well as a certain number of followers. (TBD)

11.3 Players may also have to build a temple to their God or religion before the religion becomes official.

11.4 Once all requirements are met and sent to a Council Member, the religion/god can become a part of the official lore

This section should be fully removed  as it stands , and Religion should be free concept and groups should be allowed to follow the gods or God they choose as long as it fits in with the current lore. 

Edited by Whip

Voedric    28
2 minutes ago, Whip said:

1.5 Players must be logged in to the DayZRP TS in the event they need to be reached urgently by a GM or Administrator

Rule 1.5 is Ridiculous,  We have never Had this as a rule for DayZRP project and it should never be forced on any game that is not TFAR enabled especially when you can TP to and from players as a GM. 

This is also Ridiculous,  If there is to be a siege and the attacking side kills all the defenders they should be allowed to pillage what they can carry and leave.  That is the whole point of a siege.  Disallowing player to open closed doors, Which is the major purpose of Judgement hour, is crazy.   If anything this rule should be changed so that during a siege , the defenders can only claim gates and all buildings must remain unclaimed to allow players to move and fight through them.

9.2 Players are able to bring trading carts, wheelbarrows, and normal carts with items to Council members.  They will receive silver or copper depending on the items, however GMs can set limits as to how much can be sold and what can be sold.

This rule was never meant to be a way for people to offload carts full of items to a gm for straight up gold or silver , But moreso an incentive to get people to bring items to trade at market. Like if you bring a cart to market you could claim 15 copper or w.e for supporting the Market by trading and whatnot.   Are there times when Gm's should purchase items from players to benefit RP and fix an oversaturation of items , Of course.  But this should not be a crutch for the players to fall on . 

I don't get what this means, Of course they can see it if they are in eyesight of the Raven,  that's how eyesight works.  If you see a raven, then you see a raven. Maybe you guys can clarify this rule.

11.Religion

11.1 Players are able to create religions or gods, assuming they meet the set requirements.

11.2 To create a religion, you must have the title of Pope (100 piety) as well as a certain number of followers. (TBD)

11.3 Players may also have to build a temple to their God or religion before the religion becomes official.

11.4 Once all requirements are met and sent to a Council Member, the religion/god can become a part of the official lore

This section should be fully removed  as it stands , and Religion should be free concept and groups should be allowed to follow the gods or God they choose as long as it fits in with the current lore. 

Rule 4.2a: You will have to ask Autumn about this certain rule, as he was the one who touched up on Judgement Hour stuff.

Rule 9.2: The current "Spawn town" we built is more open with its own separate trade district. The Team plan to have a constant presence at the "Spawn town" so that it feels more alive and encourages a sort of RP hub, akin to say...Stormwind in World of Warcraft. We want to encourage trade and barter between not only the players and the GMs but each other as well. Trust me, we will not be handing out large sums of copper and silver for any little thing someone comes up and tries to sell, We as well do not want it to be a crutch for the players.

Rule 10.3: I think this was more so an addition to give clarity. Say you built on an incline above a neighboring claim, if that claim is in clear eyesight and someone inside of that claim sends a raven in Global you would be able to know that someone there had sent a raven. Again just for clarity sake should a situation like that arise and someone gets reported for supposed metagaming or something like that.

Rule 11: I agree, Autumn may have just skipped over that section when he was editing the rules. With the way our Lore is (which you will see soon) that section defiantly would not work.

Whip    0

Ok well I will await autumns reply on the Judgment hour thing and the forced being logged on to TS.

5 minutes ago, Voedric said:

Rule 10.3: I think this was more so an addition to give clarity. Say you built on an incline above a neighboring claim, if that claim is in clear eyesight and someone inside of that claim sends a raven in Global you would be able to know that someone there had sent a raven. Again just for clarity sake should a situation like that arise and someone gets reported for supposed metagaming or something like that.

I don't necessarily think this is needed but if it will remain It must be clarified then so there is no confusion. That Ravens sent out in Global Chat may be seen ICLy if the player is within eyesight of the person sending the raven, But the contents of the raven's message is considered OOC Information, except by the receiving party.

Voedric    28
1 minute ago, Whip said:

Ok well I will await autumns reply on the Judgment hour thing and the forced being logged on to TS.

I don't necessarily think this is needed but if it will remain It must be clarified then so there is no confusion. That Ravens sent out in Global Chat may be seen ICLy if the player is within eyesight of the person sending the raven, But the contents of the raven's message is considered OOC Information, except by the receiving party.

I will add that clarification, thank you Whip. I was mainly working on the Lore, where Autumn mainly worked on the addition of these new rules, so any in depth questions concerning these additions would be best forwarded to him; I will try my best to answer any concerns or questions you may have.

Volke    131

I think the Piety section needs some changes as you both have stated, it would be cool though to have a certain requirement to allow someone's IG religion to become "official" as I think it allows people to feel like their content & work means something.

Voedric    28
2 minutes ago, Volke said:

I think the Piety section needs some changes as you both have stated, it would be cool though to have a certain requirement to allow someone's IG religion to become "official" as I think it allows people to feel like their content & work means something.

Ah yes, going back to what we discussed earlier in the Slack chat. Maybe an influence system? A God has to have a certain number of followers before it is recognized as an "official" God. 

Autumn    127
1 hour ago, Whip said:

Rule 1.5 is Ridiculous,  We have never Had this as a rule for DayZRP project and it should never be forced on any game that is not TFAR enabled especially when you can TP to and from players as a GM.  and have a global chat function to ask for people to come on TS.

11.Religion

Rule 1.5

The only reason this is being done is for ease of us to reach the person rather than it actually being a reportable offense. During your time away from being in the LiF team, people were not using the DayZRP ts and ignored us contacting them in global chat and would sometimes log off before we could get ahold of them. This is just something we cannot have in the event of an emergency. 

Rule 4.2a 

This is to prevent spawn-camping and double pillaging (Killing) in the event the attackers siege, breach and kill everyone on a given claim. This happened several times near the tail end of your time in the LiF council.

Rule 9.2

Rather than having 'Spawn' town be this sprawling metropolitan area, we fared for something a little bit more quaint and believable. It's meant to be a place people might actually want to go and RP. Thus, we have limited needs and limited storage. While there will be a trade district and market days it will not be as pivotal as it was before.

Rule 10.3

One cannot see the contents of a raven, but you definitely would be able to see a raven being sent from a claim and or a person would you not? That's what this means and perhaps this could be clarified more if this continues to be an issue.

Whip    0
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

Rule 1.5

The only reason this is being done is for ease of us to reach the person rather than it actually being a reportable offense. During your time away from being in the LiF team, people were not using the DayZRP ts and ignored us contacting them in global chat and would sometimes log off before we could get ahold of them. This is just something we cannot have in the event of an emergency. 

It's a videogame,  What type of emergency could you have that requires someone to immediately join ts.  If there's an issue and they ignore you on global ,  Pull their whitelist and kick them off the server.  I do not agree with you on this point at all.  

4 minutes ago, Autumn said:

Rule 4.2a 

This is to prevent spawn-camping and double pillaging (Killing) in the event the attackers siege, breach and kill everyone on a given claim. This happened several times near the tail end of your time in the LiF council.

Ok that makes sense that that could be an issue,  But why wouldn't you make a rule if you die, then you Leave the area when you respawn , or yield and tell them your wounded.  It seems dumb to just say " yeah that doors locked I guess I can't go in there", when you literally are raiding their claim.  People will use this to hide in a locked building during a raid or siege so they don't get killed and lose stuff. or hide chest in the buildings they know can't get raided during a siege. 

TBH it just seems like a cop out, and doesnt actually fix the issue,    Don't kill someone who just died in a firefight , unless they return and try to grab their weapons or fight. its simple , if people do it then they get punished.    

Autumn    127
11 minutes ago, Whip said:

It's a videogame,  What type of emergency could you have that requires someone to immediately join ts.  If there's an issue and they ignore you on global ,  Pull their whitelist and kick them off the server.  I do not agree with you on this point at all.  

Ok that makes sense that that could be an issue,  But why wouldn't you make a rule if you die, then you Leave the area when you respawn , or yield and tell them your wounded.  It seems dumb to just say " yeah that doors locked I guess I can't go in there", when you literally are raiding their claim.  People will use this to hide in a locked building during a raid or siege so they don't get killed and lose stuff. or hide chest in the buildings they know can't get raided during a siege. 

TBH it just seems like a cop out, and doesnt actually fix the issue,    Don't kill someone who just died in a firefight , unless they return and try to grab their weapons or fight. its simple , if people do it then they get punished.    

Due to the nature of how things are we have decided against using a Whitelist for the server. However people are still expected to follow the rules and lore and can be reported otherwise. However we deduced this to be a much easier way of getting a-hold of someone than kicking them from the server constantly every-time they join back until they get the message.

We do have a rule that states  2.7 If you are killed on your own claim, you may return only after the battle or situation has finished.

However, you can't necessarily expect people to run through a fight where they were just killed to a gate or wall to jump over and get out of the claim to wait for it to be finished. However I see the point you make in raiding someone's claim and stuffing your pockets with all their things, a door should not stop you. Cince all of these sieges and judgement hours would be proctored by GMs I see no qualms in changing it so that the attackers have to break down the door in RP rather than just being able to open it. 

We did this with a siege on the Gorak keep and both sides found it enjoyable. Thus this could be a possible alternative. It will be discussed and amended accordingly.

As for killing someone returning to their body to pick up their weapons. With recordings that could be considered a breach of NLR and as seen in a report made by Storm the rule is covered and goes without saying as the accused did receive a ban.

Chinchilla    77

two things:

1) I can KOS someone as long as it's the middle of the night?

2) If we're not going to do a whitelist can we get this stuff up?  I'm unsure why there's anymore delay.

4.Judgment Hour

4.1 Judgement Hour is in use for events and for sieges in regards to all out wars. There will be no scheduled Judgement Hour and anyone found abusing Judgement Hour to grief claims will be punished accordingly.

4.2 Judgement Hour allows the destruction of walls and the looting of containers in claims.

4.2b Only walls may be destroyed to gain access to a claim

4.3 In regards to events, Judgement Hour will be used at GM discretion and will be turned off upon conclusion of an attack and or raid.

Could someone from the team please elaborate on what exactly this Judgement Hour is and it's intent and it's roleplay purpose, My interpretation of it is that its pretty much allowed mayhem and chaos on a particular claim that is walled, at an Admin's discretion without any warning notice. If Judgement Hour is in use for events, then will there not be written notice on the forums that an event is to occur?

Edited by furlean

Volke    131
11 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

two things:

1) I can KOS someone as long as it's the middle of the night?

2) If we're not going to do a whitelist can we get this stuff up?  I'm unsure why there's anymore delay.

If it is night and a person is not inside of a claim which means they are in the wilderness. (Dawn is not night, Dusk is not night)

1) So you can KOS someone as long as it is the middle of the night  and they are NOT on a claim.  This is made to add a bit of fear to the game.

2) There is an issue with the decay on the servers. On the spawn town that we have created, all of the town is in a claim yet in under 10 hours everything was burning.  We need access to the server controls to do so which only Rolle has access to currently...We're waiting on him to fix the issue before opening the server.

10 hours ago, furlean said:

Could someone from the team please elaborate on what exactly this Judgement Hour is and it's intent and it's roleplay purpose, My interpretation of it is that its pretty much allowed mayhem and chaos on a particular claim that is walled, at an Admin's discretion without any warning notice. If Judgement Hour is in use for events, then will there not be written notice on the forums that an event is to occur?

4.Judgment Hour

4.1 Judgement Hour is in use for events and for sieges in regards to all out wars. There will be no scheduled Judgement Hour and anyone found abusing Judgement Hour to grief claims will be punished accordingly.

4.2 Judgement Hour allows the destruction of walls and the looting of containers in claims.

4.2b Only walls may be destroyed to gain access to a claim

4.3 In regards to events, Judgement Hour will be used at GM discretion and will be turned off upon conclusion of an attack and or raid.

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Judgment_hour

Judgement hour - is a particular time set on the server, where a player’s activities will not affect their alignments and abilities. Permissions work according to JH ability setup.

Roleplay wise, during specific events it can be used to raid and pillage and cause absolute chaos. You are right in this regard.  

If Judgment Hour is in use - there will be an announcement on either in global and/or on the forums.

Edited by Volke

Chinchilla    77

Thanks for the reply Volke <3

Sign in to follow this