Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:22
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
plattonterror

Attacking robbers without the need to reinitiate

Hey guys i just wanted to say my opinion regarding something that has been bothering me since i begun understanding how things work

Ok first of all . Before i state my point i truly understand the rule and the need for an initiation before you commit a hostile act and the benefits that it brings RP wise and non RP wise , and the balance in gameplay that this brings us

But this whole time i was wondering if the actual hate between two individuals, 2 groups etc can continue without the need for an initiation IG but from an agreement between the guy/group seeking revenge to his target  (meaning other player/s) via lets say teamspeak . What i am referring at is pure hate with actual RP reasons .The need to kill his enemies without a single warning at least IG . Blind rage

I will put an example to further my point
lets say group A   meets group B and decides to initiate on them, Group B gets robbed
some days later Group A steals the gear/food etc. from the base of Group B. Group B losses 1- 3 men trying to defend their homes
Group B wants revenge and the may result in guerilla tactics in order to deal a huge blow in group A , and decides to start monitor Group A's movements and chill out places so they can set up an ambush to effectively destroy Group A

So lets say the said example actually happens. I assume Group B has more than enough reasons to Immediately attack group A on sight . But before the guns blazing moment .  probably the leaders should come in some short of agreement  with each other OOC  (lets say via ts ) so group A would know they can expect an attack and Group B will have the permission from their enemies to Attack on Sight .

So in general i guess the victims will have more chances to exact revenge on their robbers rather having 2 hours in their disposal to collect the necessary gear to have a fighting chance in order to claim their kill rights.

what do you guys think ?

No. I don't feel like getting blown away out of nowhere just because I happen to look like someone from group A.

i dont think there are high chances to get blown away cause of someone passing you for someone else. Even now with the kill rights we have we have to confirm our target cause it can lead to swift bans as i get it. What bothers me is if the robbers (Group A) would agreed to let their hostages (Group B )  claim their kill rights

Edited by plattonterror

Billy    0

You're basically saying get rid of the 2 hour KOS timer if I'm not mistaken. But this is an RP server and I feel that initiating and torturing them or whatever you like to do is much better then just killing them right off the bat. 

Strider    0

I mean, we did that in Desolation. Where two groups would agree OOC for a "war" and then we could just KOS each other. It worked pretty well for smaller groups to use guerilla tactics, just make sure to be 100% sure of your target before shooting. I'm not opposed to group wars but without Clan skins and shit it might be too risky in Standalone. Some poor guy/girl could look like the one you want to kill and then you would MissID people.

Covert    0

It was a good and bad thing in desolation. Sometimes it created great conflicts, other times our guys would get dropped while in the middle of roleplaying with civilians and once a sniper mis-id'd a civilian for one of us. Like strider said, without clan skins its far too risky, and even then, people will still get mis-id'd

If you had both OOC and IC declaration of war, and both parties understood what it meant, this would be cool for SA.

If you mis-id, you'd get slapped with a KoS and probably be more curtain next time around.

24 minutes ago, Billy said:

You're basically saying get rid of the 2 hour KOS timer if I'm not mistaken. But this is an RP server and I feel that initiating and torturing them or whatever you like to do is much better then just killing them right off the bat. 

Not at all. What i am refering to is the time above these 2 hours and only if both parties agreed . As for the initiating  part i know what you mean :D

19 minutes ago, Strider said:

I'm not opposed to group wars but without Clan skins and shit it might be too risky in Standalone. Some poor guy/girl could look like the one you want to kill and then you would MissID people.

Yeah it would be a shame for a player who had nothing to do with it die for a miss-id . Well so far the armbands represents some short of clan skin but most likely they are not enough. I didnt take into account the miss id chance so much , nor i played in desolation to know what was happening there with the civilians who wher not involved in a war .

SweetJoe    387

I'd be down, but its better to remain between the parties involved and not be a rule, cause...that would result in disaster you know.

Seriously.

Ive done similar things before with groups. When two parties agree that they have kos on each other, so long as they confirm their targets, there is no problem due to the gentlemen's agreement.  Don't confirm your targets however and you take a ban.

Talk to people ooc and things work out well.

Sit in your channel and rage or talk trash about them, and you will begin inventing rulebreaks so you can report them.

Go talk to people. pull the broom out. Don't pout, communicate and have fun.

Edited by Winslow

Iso    1205

Good idea on paper, it adds an element of realism to a war-like scenario, but in practice it just wouldn't work; for the aforementioned reasons.

Keione    50
1 hour ago, plattonterror said:

i dont think there are high chances to get blown away cause of someone passing you for someone else. 

You'd be surprised.

Multiple times I have been and I have witnessed others be taken hostage and beaten simply because of that exact reason. It happens more often than you think. Sounds good on paper and all, but realistically, it wouldn't efficiently work in Standalone.

SirMadness    22

My opinion is that this server does not include enough realism and just crams as much RP as they can down your throat. Sometimes KOS is a much more realistic way to do things. Obviously I understand why there isn't KOS but I do like the basic idea of what plattonterror is saying.

I think the only way to actually see if this works or not is to find some certain people from the community willing to test this idea
If it works we can proceed with this idea
If it doesn't  well we should try to find a way to fix this IG .

I strongly believe this would improve the servers PvP element .

EDITED: some extra stuf

I mean you cant go robing people then playing some hide and seek for 2 hours or even worse login off after the 30 minutes have passed and wait for the time limit. then after the stay chilled next to a campfire without the worry maybe this people got you in their sights

Maybe after a 3rd or 4th continued hostile act against a certain individual/group by the same individual or group could grant  him perm KoS rights.

Edited by plattonterror
Some extra things i just though of

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

-snip-

Missunderstood the title

Edited by Species