Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Flame

Questions Regarding Creating A New Character

Flame    0

So, I have a video series that I have thought of and personally in my head it sounds like it would be quite funny to watch and be a challenge to me to do as a new RPer but at the same time could benefit me in the sense that it would improve my RPing but in turn give whomever experiences this a little surprise which wouldn't lead to them really losing anything at all. My only problem is if any of what I plan on doing conflicts with the rules, but firstly I would like to know if I change my player profile, will it just change my name or will I actually become a new spawn?

Now onto my concerns... if I do create a new character and I can become a new spawn without losing my "main character", I would like to know the follow, now i'm gonna be blunt here as I don't want to spoil the series before I even begin it! (But i'm sure some of you may be able to piece it together to get a rough idea.)

1. Am I allowed to break someone's legs if I am robbing/finished robbing them as it would be how my character would be, a complete psycho with basically a split personality. If yes, then is it possible to break someone's legs with a hatchet? (Obviously if I swung at their legs, would it actually break them though?)

2. Changing my character on the fly, am I able to do this to try to disguise my "true identity"(Changing clothes and changing my accent) as this psycho after robbing due to my split personality to obviously try to get away with the robbery?

If I am able to do this without breaking any rules then I do think it would be quite a fun series to do and it may get some laughs. This would only be done for fun but I will actually be RPing whilst doing it so I wouldn't be OOC and I wouldn't do it everyday, only the odd time so the community doesn't get annoyed by me.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to do the hatchet thing or not, but it can easily break someones legs.

At least in vanilla Day-Z, but I believe it's the same here.

First of all, you can create as many characters as you'd like. If you change your name in the player profile, nothing happens except for a change in your name. There is no way you can become a fresh spawn without dying. You can never really have two characters in-game, but you can have as many character on paper as you want, and you can switch between them whenever you want. Just put the stuff you don't need in a tent somewhere.

1. Yes, you can. It's been done before. Make sure you patch them up to full blood so they don't bleed to death. However, I wouldn't do it too often. And of course: roleplay it. Don't make a routine out of it that you do multiple times a day. Make it something special every time you do it.

2. Yes, you can. It's up to you if you want to keep using the same name (which I would do, otherwise it's going to be really confusing I'd you're just playing another character or a split personality).

I understand you want to make people laugh, but I'd suggest to keep it serious. Certainly because of the leg breaking part.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

As I asked in another thread about the leg situation, they said that I have to be really carefull since the guy could be in low blood and a hit can kill him. That'll be breaking the KoS rule since he complied but you still killed him. Plus, doing that, gives him and his friends KoS right on you for 6 hours. So you better place some morphine some meters away so by the time he crawled to it, you'll be gone. Now about the ingame character change, since it's RPing I think it's allowed. I mean, I faked a russian accent when I came across 4 "Russian patriots", I lied about being a native russian and I made it out alive,(thank god it was not the S-GRU, I don't know the Russian Athem and I couldn't sing it!) and then I kept playing with my normal accent. It's RP so you are the one that writes your story, write everything you wish as long as it follows the rules!

Flame    0

First of all, you can create as many characters as you'd like. If you change your name in the player profile, nothing happens except for a change in your name. There is no way you can become a fresh spawn without dying. You can never really have two characters in-game, but you can have as many character on paper as you want, and you can switch between them whenever you want. Just put the stuff you don't need in a tent somewhere.

I was afraid of that, unfortunately my tent placement skills aren't really up to par and seem to be found very easily no matter how remote the local is :P

1. Yes, you can. It's been done before. Make sure you patch them up to full blood so they don't bleed to death. However, I wouldn't do it too often. And of course: roleplay it. Don't make a routine out of it that you do multiple times a day. Make it something special every time you do it.

I think to avoid any grief here I think I should explain what I tend to do but it will spoil it. But I would basically befriend a survivor and then somehow get them to go prone, be it a phony trick or just a fake alert. After i've done that my character would then begin to "politely" rob said survivor and after doing so explain the reasoning as to why he'd have to break their legs (Will probably always be about a precautionary measure so they don't attempt to follow.)

But after I have robbed them of their things and broke their legs I would leg it out of their view for a couple of minutes, change into a new skin and return to them as another character, or in this case my characters other personality, the one that is nice and kind and actually cares for your well being but at the same time be trying to hide my true identity as the exact same guy that broke your legs. I would then bandage them up, give them morphine and give the a blood transfusion and be on my way in the hopes they don't twig on and retaliate as it would be in their rights to if they positively ID me.

2. Yes, you can. It's up to you if you want to keep using the same name (which I would do, otherwise it's going to be really confusing I'd you're just playing another character or a split personality).

I understand you want to make people laugh, but I'd suggest to keep it serious. Certainly because of the leg breaking part.

This isn't something I would do everyday, or every week to be honest and I certainly wouldn't do it for a stupidly long time on a few dozen of people. Hence why I said I would only do it once in a while so it doesn't start to become an annoyance.

As I asked in another thread about the leg situation, they said that I have to be really carefull since the guy could be in low blood and a hit can kill him. That'll be breaking the KoS rule since he complied but you still killed him. Plus, doing that, gives him and his friends KoS right on you for 6 hours. So you better place some morphine some meters away so by the time he crawled to it, you'll be gone. Now about the ingame character change, since it's RPing I think it's allowed. I mean, I faked a russian accent when I came across 4 "Russian patriots", I lied about being a native russian and I made it out alive,(thank god it was not the S-GRU, I don't know the Russian Athem and I couldn't sing it!) and then I kept playing with my normal accent. It's RP so you are the one that writes your story, write everything you wish as long as it follows the rules!

Yeah, that's why i'm afraid of... perhaps before I commit the robbery I could make sure they are full blood etc. After I have done it I would be right around the corner with a change of clothes and the needed medical supplies to patch them up again but at the same time hope that I can get away with it. That's the whole point in doing it to see if I can pull it off and improve my RP capabilities. It's not so much about the fun it could be, but more how it can help me improve on my roleplaying. =)

I will get working on this as soon as I can and if I get a good response to it then it might be a weekly series type of thing!

Well that pretty much answers all of my questions unless something has been missed. If not then feel free to close the thread.

Thanks guys.