Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:10
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
ApocalypseHero4

Any new character ideas?

Hello, everyone!  I hope you all are having a great day.  I have absolutely loved my time here on DayZRP.  However, here lately I haven't been playing a lot and I think a lot of that is due to me growing a bit bored with my character.  Honestly, I am thinking of perma-killing my character and starting from scratch.  Currently, I have been playing as Ryan Storms...a loner, very security conscious, hero type (only if he stumbles upon someone in help or if it is those that he actually trusts..which is very very few) and all around your typical survivor.  I just feel like I am losing interest in this character and I need something to spark up a new energy for the role-play.  So, what I am asking is, does anyone here have any idea/suggestion for a new character that I should try?  Any and all ideas/suggestions will be taken into consideration and be greatly appreciated.  I look forward to hearing some of the ideas this community has.

Keione    50

Make a character of who you are IRL.

Get a mentor and learn a new form of RP.

Join a new band of Survivors and try something new.

There are lots of threads with ideas for clearing up boredom, just have ta' find em'.

Shane    573

I just made a new character and moved away from the hero RP to hostile RP/PvP/Banditry etc and it is probably the best thing I could have done, it brought new life to DayZRP for me and so far I haven't been bored yet and I've been playing this character for 4-5 months now, so I would recommend doing hostile RP or making a hostile type character if you want to spice it up its what I did and it worked for me.

Aberration    0

Chaotic neutral my man. Its the best because you are never inclined to act heroic or hostile. Your char would do whatever the fuck they felt like. Try making a vigilante character, someone whos done bad in their life and is trying to make up for it. One idea that I have had for a character is a petty street criminal from the states who in a compulsive liar that manipulates people and fabricates stories just to further his own goals and he can't tell the truth for the life of him. Someone completely snakelike and controlling I dont see people do stuff like this often or even  at all as they are so terrified of the lies all crashing down around them eventually but thats all part of the fun. Just a few suggestions,

InsaneCynda    3

Play a gopnik, I promise you its the greatest goddamn thing ever, with a friend. Next time you find a tracksuit.

Don't force it though because otherwise playing as a meme gopnik isn't fun.

Try taking your current character and making someone who is (in one or more key aspects) their polar opposite. Cocky? Make a character who's skittish. Crack shot? Now you can't hit the broadside of a barn without being in arm's reach. Experienced in navigation? New guy can't find anything without a map, compass, and written directions. Generally morally ambiguous? Now you have <insert random moral> and will actively get in an argument with armed bandits over it. Most of the people that I've RP'ed with who were getting tired of their characters/RP didn't have any serious limitations or major character flaws that substantially impacted their gameplay. I've found that doing that can help get you out of your comfort zone and expand your RP skills.

Great ideas everyone and I appreciate everyone's feedback!  Seriously, keep them coming guys.  However, Stitches, your idea is extremely intriguing to me and I love the idea of the character that you have began there and honestly think that I could pull that off easily and it would bring that excitement back to the RP for me.  If you wouldn't mind, would you PM me so we can talk a bit more about it and maybe refine it together?  I already have found a group of survivors that I would like to roll with and think that this character would be perfect to try out within this new group.  That is, if you don't mind me taking your idea and using it for my next character?  If you do, then I completely understand but since it is your idea I would like your permission to use the character.  So, what do you say?  Can I use the character and do you mind PMing me and helping me refine it a bit to my own style?

I just want everyone to know that I have a lot of experience in RPing and have played just about every character I can think of in my arsenal.  So, I don't want you all to think that I am just having you create the character for me because that is not the case.  I was just out of ideas and needed some fresh ideas from other people because I figured that taking inspiration from someone else was ten times better than playing a character that I already have went through and have no interest in doing again.  So, I appreciate all feedback and appreciate you all not taking it as me trying to take the easy way out because any inspiration I get from you guys will be molded into my own style. 

Edited by ApocalypseHero4
Left information out that I wanted to put in there. Clicked post too soon lol!

StoneFace    11

Was thinking about trying a tyrannical douche bag character.  One who seems nice enough at first until he starts imposing his will upon you when you never asked it of him. One of those kind of characters who can only be reasoned with on a basic level but not on a complex philosophical level, he won't change because he thinks his will is just. You would probably make a lot of enemies with this kind of character, but that's the fun of it.

Was thinking about trying a tyrannical douche bag character.  One who seems nice enough at first until he starts imposing his will upon you when you never asked it of him. One of those kind of characters who can only be reasoned with on a basic level but not on a complex philosophical level, he won't change because he thinks his will is just. You would probably make a lot of enemies with this kind of character, but that's the fun of it.

Nice, StoneFace!  Goodluck!  I hope that it goes well for you.  I am really enjoying reading everyone's ideas.  I really liked Stitches idea and I am going to create my own version of that.  However, keep posting your ideas guys!  I am taking inspiration from the ones that I really like and molding it to fit my own unique character.  Plus, it's just interesting to see the ideas that some of you come up with!