Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:43

Sign in to follow this  

Background Story

Hey you! Friendly? Ok good, I thought I was going to have to use this thing. Names Robert Daniels but you can just call me Rob. It seems like just yesterday I was worrying about whether or not I would make it to school on time, now I don’t even know if I will live to see tomorrow. What’s my story? I wish I could say I was glad you asked. Before I came to this god forsaken land I was training to be a medic in the US Army. I had just finished my training when the outbreak started and was immediately set to be deployed in Stary Sobor here in Chernarus. Our mission was to go to Stary and help with the medical aid there, but things didn’t go as planned. Shortly before we were set to arrive at the town, what I can only assume was a mechanical error, sent us careening into a small house in the town of Rogovo. I was immediately thrown from the heli on impact and don’t remember much else about the crash.

When I regained consciousness the carnage around me was horrific. Every member of our medical squad was killed on impact and I was the only survivor, but that would be the least of my worries. I remember hearing this awful screaming noise that I would not consider human. I heard fast paced footsteps pounding down the road and heavy breathing. As I propped myself upward to see what was happening, the blurry vision of a man running down the road being chased by something or someone entered my field of vision. As my vision began to clear I realized this man was being chased by a creature so vile I could not believe my eyes. Its skin was a grey pale and peeling at the joints revealing the dead inner workings of its body. The eyes had a lifeless look to them that I will never forget for as long as I survive. As the man ran past me, he stumbled over a small mound of debris and was thrown through the air. He hit the ground in an awkward heap and instantly started shrieking in pain. He clutched his leg with one arm and fumbled for his pistol that was in a holster on his waist. I was so paralyzed with fear that I could only watch. The undead beast proceeded to mount the helpless man and tear him apart like a rotisserie chicken. The man screamed for help but nothing had prepared me to deal with anything like this at all. After what seemed like forever, the man went silent and the monster continued to feast on its prey. I had to look away for I was becoming very ill from what I had just witnessed. I knew I had to escape. I quietly crawled around the corner of the house we had crashed into. At any slight sound from the carnage I forced myself to look in order to make sure I hadn’t gained the undead beast’s attention. As I crawled around the corner I heard movement ahead of me. As I turned my gaze to investigate the sound I saw three of these undead monsters. They gazed at me with a creepy, instinctive look that still haunts me. At this point I knew I was in a fight for my life and that this was no dream. Without hesitation I jumped to my feet and ran faster than I ever have in my life. They were not easily deterred and began pursuing me with haste. The mass amount of emotions that were hitting me was almost unbearable.

As I ran for my life I still had so many questions. Some of these questions would be answered and some I will never find the answer to. How did this start? Is there a cure being processed? Can we stop them? Although I still aim to help others at heart, and although I have minimal military training, I will do what is deemed necessary to ensure my survival as I’m sure you would do the same. But above all I’ve learned that my biggest question I have has no answer as of now. Will I survive?

Guest Boris Drakov   
Guest Boris Drakov

Well written application, Wish you all the best for being whitelisted

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to review this.

Very good read :) Good luck also getting white listed.

thank you very much!

Ok I sent my whitelist app in! Hope I get accepted. If I do I will post on the joining/leaving thread. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Guest Widowmaker   
Guest Widowmaker

Good luck.

Kravock    1

Look's like you got in, congrats. See you out on the road one day

Sign in to follow this