Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:56

Sign in to follow this  
Othuyeg

A video about escalation of violence.

Othuyeg    20

Just wanted to share a video which I believe a lot of people might want to watch. Sure, it is not DayZ related, but the points go very well with the role play on DayZ.

Just giving some food for thought about the realism of hostile interactions between characters.

Zero    276

I'm glad that the person that made the video made it a simple child explanation because it will make it easier for some people in the community to understand. ;)

Edited by Zero

That's actually a really well done and related video. Maybe it'll motivate people to use the kill mechanic less. On both sides of course. No attacker has to kill somebody, and no defender has to stand his ground.  The option of running or surrender is always there. Just gotta use it.

Thanks for sharing, Othuyeg. (:

Elmo    898

Gotta love Lindy's flawless logic. 

On a serious note, this probably won't provide any demonstrable change. There's a disconnect between monitor and man, it makes it a whole lot easier to escalate conflict without any serious consequences.

Haven't watched Lindy in a while though, thanks for that.

Castiel    1124

Very well put together video and actually very relevant to DayZRP and the way people escalate so unnecessarily sometimes. The apocalypse argument could be made but I think it's a good point nonetheless.

The Apocalypse doesn't make people crazy. The losses they suffer because of the Apocalypse do. Now, as we all have seen, most of the crazy mongols out there are mostly dead or hiding between trees, since they know that the strong, and by strong I mean sane, people will be hunting them.

So, people can't use the 'Crazy' argument as well. Not with the frequency they used to do, at least.

As to the violence we see around DayZRP, it only implies that 90% of the survivors are now Psychopaths, because they literally care about nothing, including someone's life, although they are willing to protect their friends, even if that means nothing (Because we all know that people always come back to vengeance, sooner or later). And as of now, no death is permanent, so there's no reason to just kill someone.

"Oh, he would grab a gun and shoot me", come on now. Give him a stone knife, some food, a jacket and leave him in the woods. The only difference of killing him on the spot is that it will make him spawn at the coast, with his character fully restored, which is even worse for the killer, because they will now have 100% Bone Stats and Blood Stats once more, as opposed to when he was maintained hostage.

Killers need to think about possibilities before shooting someone in the head. It's fun to torture people. It's fun to yell at them, and have them demonstrate fear. It's fun for both sides. But no, "I'll just kill him here, and fuck the role-play". Doesn't sound that good when you put it that way, does it?

Joules    226

Saw the thread title and just knew it would be lindys. This as stated before is the perfect video to show people if they are so easily prone to lethal action. 

I love this beyond words, and I'm very afraid that the people who NEED to watch this won't, or if they do they won't care. Because being edgy on the intarwebz makes you 9001 times cooler amirite?

What even...

This guy is extremely British. 

Edited by Sofie

This is neat, I actually enjoyed this video.

There isn't anyway to stop people from being overly aggressive though,

2 minutes ago, Sofie said:

This guy is extremely British. 

Indeed. Very British...

Othuyeg    20

Another video from Lindybeige that might help in character creation.

Descendants    115
On 1/18/2017 at 3:41 PM, Zero said:

I'm glad that the person that made the video made it a simple child explanation because it will make it easier for some people in the community to understand. ;)

is that aggression level 1?!

Zero    276
7 hours ago, descendants said:

is that aggression level 1?!

Are you threatening me, are you granting me KOS rights?!

Descendants    115
3 hours ago, Zero said:

Are you threatening me, are you granting me KOS rights?!

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa there BRO! I think you need to take it down a few aggression levels 

O G    30

I mean, let's be real here. I'm about to get my sword of bifurcation. Legit video though.

Quite a relevant Video, pretty cool to think about this and its relation to DayZRP. 
Thank you for the video.

StoneFace    11

Hmm I've been using aggression level 72 a lot lately. Maybe I should calm down after I've killed a few more people.

This video is brilliant. This is the resonating message that RPers in this community need to listen to. Unfortuantely, when you get some personalities behind a screen that attempt to RP in this game, they'll just try and make it so everything and every situation is about them or their mates "winning", even if winning means killing lots of other people just for the sake of it. Unfortunately, the monitor and keyboard tends to dull down the human emotion and psyche so thus, it's imperative that people in this community would RP their character as they would in real life. 

Edited by furlean