Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:51
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
LightGhillie

More Shadowplay Issues

Question

LightGhillie    90

So I just recently figured out how to use Shadowplay to record gameplay. But when I do it makes the game extremely dark. Ive tried so many things, using windowed, reinstalling both DayZ and Shadowplay, raising DayZ brightness. But none of it seemed to work. Ive checked a lot of videos on youtube as well and most of them said 'Use windowed mode' which has yet to work for me.

12 answers to this question

Shane    556

I think the only way to fix the problem is to touch the video up using some sort of editing software like Sony Vegas, all Shadowplay videos are extremely dark (that I've seen).

Edited by Smash Gordon

Strider    0

Yeah, there's no fixing Shadowplay right now with DayZ. Something about the new renderer causing issues with Brightness, gamma and all that. Might want to use OBS Studio for the time being, works pretty well and the videos look normal. Even if you try to "fix" the shadowplay video on an editor like Premiere or Sony Vegas it will still look bad, so there's no point really.

Bran    0

Like Smash said, try edit the video and up the gamma in those. Alternatively you can record using OBS as they have an option that allows you to adjust the gamma in the settings

.89780edad98dcbd9b3025bae7058f72a.png

Apparently there is also a trick where if you tab out and tab back in, it makes the game look brighter. This has only worked a hand full of times for me so I don't think its really a reliable method of making it brighter.

Edited by Bran

Oliv    1876

Are you using Shadowplay or the newer Nvidia Share? Shadowplay has been replaced and I haven't seen the issues be too bad in the latest version if I recall correctly.

Shark    0

As Strider said, it's an issue specifically with DayZ and ShadowPlay (or whatever it's been renamed to). I can only recommend OBS Studio which is super simple to set up. Only downside is you will lose some frames compared to ShadowPlay, but you almost need to pick one of the two these days. Frames or being able to see what was actually being recorded. You can of course tweak ShadowPlay to limit frame loss, but it will still be there in some aspect.

Reav    127

Try Plays.tv, its similar to shadowplay. Little to no fps loss, but the max playback time is 10 minutes.

LightGhillie    90
41 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Are you using Shadowplay or the newer Nvidia Share? Shadowplay has been replaced and I haven't seen the issues be too bad in the latest version if I recall correctly.

Im pretty sure im using Shadowplay, how do I get Nvidia Share?

WilliAM    431

If you're trying to record YouTube videos I'd use Fraps, however there is a frame loss that comes with it. OBS is free and I think it's pretty bright, but there may be a frame drop as well. 

But if you're just recording for video evidence when there's a rule break plays.tv is the way to go. Free, easy to use, little to no frame drop, no brightness issue, and the video uploads right to the website. 

Oliv    1876
42 minutes ago, LightGhillie said:

Im pretty sure im using Shadowplay, how do I get Nvidia Share?

Upgrade your Geforce Experience to the latest one.

Here's a link to a bit of info on Nvidia Share

Caesar    438

In one of my reports I had been using Nvidia share. It was pitch black so from my experience the issue persists.

I use ShadowPlay, and just pump up dat brightness in my editor 

Sure, it may not look the best

But I ain't making premier youtube content

Crim    119

@Ramon's answer works for me -

I start my recording, change the resolution to 1600 x 900 then put it back to 1920 x 1080 and shadowplay will capture normally.