Server time: 2017-08-23, 14:04

Sign in to follow this  
Aeryes

List of Group Ideas!

Aeryes    124

POST IDEAS, NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD. -

EDITED You posted in discussion -  No need for those big letter. - Terra

I've noticed a stale trend in groups recently. It seems like different groups keep on using the same concepts which is creating some stale RP due to a lot of internal RP and just coming across the same situations over and over again. Maybe it might help if a thread such as this one was made to display the combined ideas of the community in regards to group ideas solely. So feel free to post your ideas for groups here, maybe it might help others who want to make something unique to help aid good RP.

But remember you cant get good RP unless you go searching for it :)

Some ideas I have:

- The Screamers: Group that goes around screaming at people. They are unstable upstairs and may possibly even be cannibals, who knows?

- The Tribe: A group of survivors who are around the age of 12 - 16. They grew up in this world and only know how to survive from using the elements to aid them such as only using bows and arrows or crossbows along with spears and all craftable items. They do not know how to use weapons such as guns.

- The Parish: A group of Satanic worshipers who go around performing rituals on people and preaching satanic rituals to all those they cross. They have initiation rituals for new members and they eat human flesh as part of the rituals. The crazy laughing caused by eating flesh would go well with the whole possessed theme.

- The Clinic: A group of people who pretend to be helpful doctors and lure people into their "clinic" in order to torture them through new medical therapies such as an electric chair or other things of the sorts. Their clinic could be like an asylum of sorts and maybe could be based on an island.

- Lawmakers: The good guys. They have court sessions to decide the fate of disputes involving other groups or people and get payed for their services. Idea could be expanded more.

33 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

- The Screamers: Group that goes around screaming at people. They are unstable upstairs and may possibly even be cannibals, who knows?

If I'm being honest, a quick RP sesh with 'The Screamers' would make me want to F11. Sorry. :ph34r:

Edited by Nolan

Grimnir    595

1. Seems pretty trollish and the entire crazy cannibal thing is overdone and boring.

2. You will probanly have trouble finding people willing to play kids, other than that I like it.

3. You should take a look at modern Satanism, that should be enough to make you realise how cringey the idea is. Also pls no crazy cannibals again.

4. One simple question... why? If the answer is: “They are insane!“ then please tell me what mental conditions we are talking about.

5. Good idea, seems to me alot like the Regulators though, but maybe I am wrong.

Edited by Grimnir

Always thought about...

The Ecologists : Are there to research about all what's related to massive infection and the post outbreak happening in Chernaurs (Lore friendly)

Allowing them to act by different ways, The might use the help of other survivors By hiring mercenaries for protection or maybe for some research cases,  whether if it is about bringing some Infected limbs or whatever, They could be sent into chernaus on the behalf of the government (or something like that) Or be simply independent.

On another side they could have a dark side in themselves, allowing them to go wild with the experiments and ideas, While hiding that behind the fact that they are interested in researching the cause for all of this and everything regarding that

They could add some dark secrets to the ambience surrounding our 'peaceful' lives in Chernarus, Some potential risks or rumours, Creepy shit to RP with.

We really lack some sort of a research scientific group that opens new paths for the role play to exist at, especially at such times of the apocalypse

But it will require quite a big amount of people and cooperation, Nothing unachievable though.

Edited by Alexsys

That screamer group is weird no ty ^-^

Unknown Entity    126

They've all been done. Except the screamer group, for obvious reasons.

' The Screamers: Group that goes around screaming at people. They are unstable upstairs and may possibly even be cannibals, who knows? '

All I see is problems with this suggestion... I could not think of something more horrible.

' The Tribe: A group of survivors who are around the age of 12 - 16. They grew up in this world and only know how to survive from using the elements to aid them such as only using bows and arrows or crossbows along with spears and all craftable items. They do not know how to use weapons such as guns. '

I have seen many children based groups, most of which were not successful. I don't personally enjoy role playing with most child characters.

' The Parish: A group of Satanic worshipers who go around performing rituals on people and preaching satanic rituals to all those they cross. They have initiation rituals for new members and they eat human flesh as part of the rituals. The crazy laughing caused by eating flesh would go well with the whole possessed theme. '

Often attempted and often failed. There is no such thing as 'crazy' RP and, as other comments have mentioned, modern satanic regimes is cringey. Then there is the cannibalism... please, just no. I only recommend this type of RP to experienced role players due to it's difficulty to execute successfully. 

' The Clinic: A group of people who pretend to be helpful doctors and lure people into their "clinic" in order to torture them through new medical therapies such as an electric chair or other things of the sorts. Their clinic could be like an asylum of sorts and maybe could be based on an island. '

Exactly what Grimnir said, why?

Lawmakers: The good guys. They have court sessions to decide the fate of disputes involving other groups or people and get payed for their services. Idea could be expanded more. '

Actually seems like an interesting idea to be honest. However, how would you pull this off? How would you get other groups to hire such services?

tl;dr most of the ideas are either generic or have been done before. The last one is definitely interesting but it is questionable whether it would be able to work in RP's current state.

Edited by Jabba

2 hours ago, Aeryes said:

- Lawmakers: The good guys. They have court sessions to decide the fate of disputes involving other groups or people and get payed for their services. Idea could be expanded more.

Most of them seem cringy / Already done , but the last one is somewhat interesting if you get the right people behind it.

Fenrir    42

Right... So, im not gonna critique the OP's idea's since that is not the point in this thread. Like everyone seems to have misinterpreted it as.

So the issue being brought to light is Groups and the theme/style that make them what they are being repetitive and boring creating stale "seen this before" Role play. Which could be a thing, I cant say i personally hold that same belief as a whole. Some groups though... definitely are regurgitation's of perpetual shite.

No names included, of course.

However I see one easy fix. Close the flood gates and get the Lore Masters back involved with their seal of approvals on groups.

I'am pretty confident doing this would raise the standard of groups instantly. Since no longer can someone chuck up any old half baked shit.

King    101

The screamers = horsemen when they are chasing people down 

The tribe = the lord of the flies - could be good but as long as you don't make it like a generic tribal group.

The parish = every demonic horror group. I've seen about 6 groups like this in the 5 months I've been on this server.

The clinic = evil L.I.F.E

Lawmakers = regulators who don't spend all their time on prison island.

18 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

Right... So, im not gonna critique the OP's idea's since that is not the point in this thread. Like everyone seems to have misinterpreted it as.

But I am because I like ruining dreams.

Either way I have suggestions myself. I'll think them up and post them again for OP.

- The Screamers: Group that goes around screaming at people. They are unstable upstairs and may possibly even be cannibals, who knows?
Uhh, no thanks. Borderline TrollRP, immersion ruining and just sounds like a horrible experience.

- The Tribe: A group of survivors who are around the age of 12 - 16. They grew up in this world and only know how to survive from using the elements to aid them such as only using bows and arrows or crossbows along with spears and all craftable items. They do not know how to use weapons such as guns.
Personally, I hate childRP. The RP is always focused around them, they're always the center of attention. If you hurt their feelings you're a horrible person. -1.

- The Parish: A group of Satanic worshipers who go around performing rituals on people and preaching satanic rituals to all those they cross. They have initiation rituals for new members and they eat human flesh as part of the rituals. The crazy laughing caused by eating flesh would go well with the whole possessed theme.
Could be interesting, i guess, depending on who does it.

- The Clinic: A group of people who pretend to be helpful doctors and lure people into their "clinic" in order to torture them through new medical therapies such as an electric chair or other things of the sorts. Their clinic could be like an asylum of sorts and maybe could be based on an island.
Evil doctors, eh, maybe, if done well.

- Lawmakers: The good guys. They have court sessions to decide the fate of disputes involving other groups or people and get payed for their services. Idea could be expanded more.
Regulators but don't restrict their cop RP to an island. I can see potential.

Fenrir    42
19 minutes ago, King said:

But I am because I like ruining dreams.

Either way I have suggestions myself. I'll think them up and post them again for OP.

Good for you mate, enjoy yourself.

- The Screamers: 

Many people, including myself, would not actively be looking to roleplay with a group like this. It sounds way too edgy and far reached, making if extremely difficult for the members to provide roleplay that others enjoy.

- The Tribe: 

Never been a fan of "kids" in-game, and a group of only children would not have my support. If you were going to have kids that grew up in this would, they would be 2 years old. I would have this idea for if the loremasters ever decide to move the setting forward in time, making it possible to play 20-year-olds that were born into the apocalypse.

- The Parish: 

Toooo much! An idea like this will make your group hunted by half of the server in seconds, meaning that your members will keep being killed and never perma = shit rp.

- The Clinic: 

I actually really like this idea as long as the members don't overdo it. If you have dedicated people who follow the group goals and is able to stay away from getting a bad name on themselves so it won't have the same fate as "the parish", then it could be kinda cool. Make sure they have a reason to torture them through medical procedures. I would rather make their reason that they want immune living humans to work on to make a vaccine.

All of these groups are 3edgy5me. And yeah, most have been done with varying degrees of success.

4 hours ago, Aeryes said:

tbh this got me thinking more of FFL, than the Reg's.

Weyryu A Skingmi    8

Well, if we're sharing group ideas;

Post apocalyptic 90s era boy band that goes through Chernarus doing performances.

Cult that worships zombies, spreading the idea that they are the meek intended to inherit the earth.

Diesel Jockeys; carbon copy of War Boys. 

A group of Russian full contact larpers. 

Unfortunately I don't have the attention span time to really expand on these. Also, if you want a laugh watch Dead 7. It's just... it's beautiful.

1 hour ago, misterrbuttons said:

Cult that worships zombies, spreading the idea that they are the meek intended to inherit the earth.

Pretty sure that was the original idea for the Pestilence militia that Wong made.

Also all these group ideas sound a bit too out there if I'm honest. Maybe I'm just a grumpy cynical person, but I just don't see much of these working well in RP. Also for the Screamers, unless you live in a house alone in the middle of the field I don't see many people being able to scream all the time. I know my neighbors would come in my apartment and lynch the shit out of me.

8 hours ago, Aeryes said:

- The Tribe: A group of survivors who are around the age of 12 - 16. They grew up in this world and only know how to survive from using the elements to aid them such as only using bows and arrows or crossbows along with spears and all craftable items. They do not know how to use weapons such as guns.

Have fun getting robbed by every single remotely bandit-ish group that meets you.

Aeryes    124
8 hours ago, Grimnir said:

1. Seems pretty trollish and the entire crazy cannibal thing is overdone and boring.

2. You will probanly have trouble finding people willing to play kids, other than that I like it.

3. You should take a look at modern Satanism, that should be enough to make you realise how cringey the idea is. Also pls no crazy cannibals again.

4. One simple question... why? If the answer is: “They are insane!“ then please tell me what mental conditions we are talking about.

5. Good idea, seems to me alot like the Regulators though, but maybe I am wrong.

These are just ideas I cam up with, they don't need to be analysed lol :)

41 minutes ago, FiftyFootAnt said:

Have fun getting robbed by every single remotely bandit-ish group that meets you.

The current meta can only be changed if people try to change it. We need to make unique and interesting groups :)

4 hours ago, Sofie said:

- The Screamers: 

Many people, including myself, would not actively be looking to roleplay with a group like this. It sounds way too edgy and far reached, making if extremely difficult for the members to provide roleplay that others enjoy.

- The Tribe: 

Never been a fan of "kids" in-game, and a group of only children would not have my support. If you were going to have kids that grew up in this would, they would be 2 years old. I would have this idea for if the loremasters ever decide to move the setting forward in time, making it possible to play 20-year-olds that were born into the apocalypse.

- The Parish: 

Toooo much! An idea like this will make your group hunted by half of the server in seconds, meaning that your members will keep being killed and never perma = shit rp.

- The Clinic: 

I actually really like this idea as long as the members don't overdo it. If you have dedicated people who follow the group goals and is able to stay away from getting a bad name on themselves so it won't have the same fate as "the parish", then it could be kinda cool. Make sure they have a reason to torture them through medical procedures. I would rather make their reason that they want immune living humans to work on to make a vaccine.

What is it that people have against edgy groups. Edge is awesome in my opinion and you would find a lot of it in this world. As for the kids Im talking people aged 12 - 16 like I said if you had read the example.

5 hours ago, Mental said:

- The Screamers: Group that goes around screaming at people. They are unstable upstairs and may possibly even be cannibals, who knows?
Uhh, no thanks. Borderline TrollRP, immersion ruining and just sounds like a horrible experience.

- The Tribe: A group of survivors who are around the age of 12 - 16. They grew up in this world and only know how to survive from using the elements to aid them such as only using bows and arrows or crossbows along with spears and all craftable items. They do not know how to use weapons such as guns.
Personally, I hate childRP. The RP is always focused around them, they're always the center of attention. If you hurt their feelings you're a horrible person. -1.

- The Parish: A group of Satanic worshipers who go around performing rituals on people and preaching satanic rituals to all those they cross. They have initiation rituals for new members and they eat human flesh as part of the rituals. The crazy laughing caused by eating flesh would go well with the whole possessed theme.
Could be interesting, i guess, depending on who does it.

- The Clinic: A group of people who pretend to be helpful doctors and lure people into their "clinic" in order to torture them through new medical therapies such as an electric chair or other things of the sorts. Their clinic could be like an asylum of sorts and maybe could be based on an island.
Evil doctors, eh, maybe, if done well.

- Lawmakers: The good guys. They have court sessions to decide the fate of disputes involving other groups or people and get payed for their services. Idea could be expanded more.
Regulators but don't restrict their cop RP to an island. I can see potential.

When I say screaming I mean instability. They get upset easily and they have no limits. Its a very dark group to play with. They all have serious issues.

This is not supposed to be you guys going over some ideas I posted of the top of my head, its supposed to be a collective of random ideas for people to look through. If you guys keep saying this is too much, it's never going to work then you are the reason RP is rubbish right now, your not willing to experiment and try new things out. So please do not go around complaining about bad RP when this thread just proves you don't want to try new RP only complain how bad current RP is. Sort of disappointing. Why can we not all just get out of this mindset and try random fun things of the top of your head, you are all to zoned in on Rule-play over Roleplay. 

Lets get creative !!! Post actual ideas !!! :)

People seem to like the last idea I posted, maybe it could be done?

Edited by Aeryes

1 hour ago, Aeryes said:

What is it that people have against edgy groups. Edge is awesome in my opinion and you would find a lot of it in this world. As for the kids Im talking people aged 12 - 16 like I said if you had read the example.

Some edge is fun, overdo it and I might consider it bad RP. I understood you meant 12-16-year-olds. I'm just not a big fan of people playing characters that young.

Don't let us criticising your ideas bring you down to the point where you don't want to keep making em. None of us knows how they will turn out if you put them to practice. Most ideas have been done already and I don't really think that an uncreative or repeated idea is the problem why many groups don't make it. It is the members and how it is run.

You don't need a revolutionary idea with just the right dose of edginess to be successful as a group and "bring back the good rp". You need a kickass leader that fits the job while respecting all it's members, people who know how to roleplay while not letting some drama ruin it. With that, even a group full of senior tourists can win group of the year.

Edited by Sofie

Aeryes    124
24 minutes ago, Sofie said:

Some edge is fun, overdo it and I might consider it bad RP. I understood you meant 12-16-year-olds. I'm just not a big fan of people playing characters that young.

Don't let us criticising your ideas bring you down to the point where you don't want to keep making em. None of us knows how they will turn out if you put them to practice. Most ideas have been done already and I don't really think that an uncreative or repeated idea is the problem why many groups don't make it. It is the members and how it is run.

You don't need a revolutionary idea with just the right dose of edginess to be successful as a group and "bring back the good rp". You need a kickass leader that fits the job while respecting all it's members, people who know how to roleplay while not letting some drama ruin it. With that, even a group full of senior tourists can win group of the year.

I think your missing the whole point of this thread..... LIST ideas.... thats it.... not a discussion thread..

Ender    507
10 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

I think your missing the whole point of this thread..... LIST ideas.... thats it.... not a discussion thread..

But you posted this is general "Discussion" . . . Should i move this to forum games then?

Aeryes    124
5 minutes ago, Ender said:

But you posted this is general "Discussion" . . . Should i move this to forum games then?

Its not a forum game Ender.. Its a list of ideas... Why do people here just always have to argue semantics... Cant you just do what the thread says for once without arguing.... This is why I dont post much anymore and stick to RP only... Do whatever you want with the thread, Im out.

Rose    143
10 hours ago, Aeryes said:

-snip-

This makes no sense with the lore, how could someone have grown up in the apocalypse when its only been happening for two years? 

1 minute ago, Aeryes said:

Its not a forum game Ender.. Its a list of ideas... Why do people here just always have to argue semantics... Cant you just do what the thread says for once without arguing.... This is why I dont post much anymore and stick to RP only... Do whatever you want with the thread, Im out.

He is right though, you posted it in discussion and people are pointing out that some of your suggestions on your list would not really work. Honestly if you wanted to make something like this it might be better fitted in guides imo. However as it was posted in DISCUSSIONS that is what is going to happen here.

Aeryes    124
Just now, Rose said:

This makes no sense with the lore, how could someone have grown up in the apocalypse when its only been happening for two years? 

Once again it is a list of ideas which ARE NOT developed, how about you think about how it could make sense with the lore. When I say grow up, these kids are growing up in this world and have seen things no kids have to see.... once again a semantics war.... you guys make my head spin :(