Jump to content
Server time: 2018-07-19, 08:01 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Sgttater

Nice.

Recommended Posts

At this point we are simply waiting for Rolle to fix and polish some kinks in the server, since he is now hosting it from his own hardware.

The server will be up within the next day or so. We've taken your feedback on the lore and @SatansNightOut and I have came up with a lore that will suit everyone. @SatansNightOut and I have been working tirelessly on our free time to get things done, now we just have to polish a few things and then release it.

I hope that you all will enjoy everything we have done and plan to do for Life is Feudal and I hope that the time we've taken crafting the server to our and your image will show, and if not oh well...at least we tried. Stay tuned. 

Share this post


Link to post

We want a deadline. All projects have deadlines. If the people chosen for this task have not met this deadline, then they should be changed over as they would with any real life project. Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance. Two weeks is ample time to announce updates and developments. 

Edited by furlean

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, furlean said:

We want a deadline. All projects have deadlines. If the people chosen for this task have not met this deadline, then they should be changed over as they would with any real life project. Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance. Two weeks is ample time to announce updates and developments. 

Everything is ready to go at the moment - Rolle needs to fix an issue, hence why we need to wait atm.

The last announcement was January 9th - it's been 12 days and the server is coming up ASAP.  Things took more time and people had life intervene. But it's all ready to go now :).  

Share this post


Link to post

Getting pretty discouraged over here.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

Getting pretty discouraged over here.

I already gave up tbh...

299c121799.png

This many people and still nothing...

Edited by Vapor

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chinchilla said:

Getting pretty discouraged over here.

Rolle is gone till Thursday: We need password change to open the server

http://www.dayzrp.com/profile/1-rolle/?status=5777&type=status

1 minute ago, Vapor said:

I already gave up tbh...

299c121799.png

This many people and still nothing...

 

Share this post


Link to post

Isn't that something that should've been done like in the beginning? I am sure it doesn't take that long to change a password and there is no way all of you were to busy to ask Rolleh to change it. Last announcement Jan 9th... and no one thought, "Hey! We should ask Rolleh to change the password to the server..."

memes...

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Sgttater said:

Can yall at least open whitelisting? 

They can correct me if I'm wrong, but last I knew they were waiting on Rolle for that as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Whitelisting was not on me. I gave a general idea of how I would like it to be done considering the technical limitation that we have and I left the rest of the details like what kind of questions, the amount and the format up to the LiF team.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Vapor said:

I already gave up tbh...

299c121799.png

This many people and still nothing...

Only two of us were actually doing anything, @SatansNightOut and I wrote the lore and built the town, but then when we call out the rest of the team for doing nothing while we try to do everything we get bitched at.

We gave the rest of them the server in a nicely wrapped box, yet it still wasn't good enough for Autumn. So we left and took our lore with us.

Edited by Voedric

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Voedric said:

Only two of us were actually doing anything, @SatansNightOut and I wrote the lore and built the town, but then when we call out the rest of the team for doing nothing while we try to do everything we get bitched at.

We gave the rest of them the server in a nicely wrapped box, yet it still wasn't good enough for Autumn. So we left and took our lore with us.

Nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Voedric said:

Only two of us were actually doing anything, @SatansNightOut and I wrote the lore and built the town, but then when we call out the rest of the team for doing nothing while we try to do everything we get bitched at.

We gave the rest of them the server in a nicely wrapped box, yet it still wasn't good enough for Autumn. So we left and took our lore with us.

If you left the team fair enough, it does not mean you need to air dirty laundry on the forums, looking at your recent posts in this thread you attitude has been somewhat horrendous from the start. Perhaps keep some dignity and bow out gracefully ?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Voedric said:

Only two of us were actually doing anything, @SatansNightOut and I wrote the lore and built the town, but then when we call out the rest of the team for doing nothing while we try to do everything we get bitched at.

We gave the rest of them the server in a nicely wrapped box, yet it still wasn't good enough for Autumn. So we left and took our lore with us.

You are clearly not saying the full story and are specifically excluding certain parts - however the result is the same and this isn't the thread to discuss it.

5 minutes ago, Sgttater said:

Nice. 

Indeed it is - we have a new lore written up now and are just finalizing some details before we publicly update it. Until than you can continue to stir the pot :).  

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Vector said:

If you left the team fair enough, it does not mean you need to air dirty laundry on the forums, looking at your recent posts in this thread you attitude has been somewhat horrendous from the start. Perhaps keep some dignity and bow out gracefully ?

My attitude has been the way it is because through the entirety of the time we spent in the team, we did -everything-

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Darn man they took their picture book with them.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Volke said:

You are clearly not saying the full story and are specifically excluding certain parts - however the result is the same and this isn't the thread to discuss it.

Indeed it is - we have a new lore written up now and are just finalizing some details before we publicly update it. Until than you can continue to stir the pot :).  

Can he have a time frame to release ?

 

@Voedric There are 2 sides to every coin. Turning the forum into your Tumblr is not the answer

Edited by Vector

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Vector said:

Can he have a time frame to release ?

 

@Voedric There are 2 sides to every coin. Turning the forum into your tumbler is not the answer

I was simply telling them the exact reason why it took so long, and what I said was the exact reason why.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Vector said:

Can he have a time frame to release ?

Well both Autumn & Randle have looked over it and they are happy with it - so the lore shouldn't be too long.  Rolle needs to change the password as it is currently not the usual dayzrp password.  So it should be up by the weekend I'd say honestly but at the end of the day it's @Autumn who decides.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Volke said:

Well both Autumn & Randle have looked over it and they are happy with it - so the lore shouldn't be too long.  Rolle needs to change the password as it is currently not the usual dayzrp password.  So it should be up by the weekend I'd say honestly but at the end of the day it's @Autumn who decides.

Sooner is always better to drive some anticipation for a project like this. Why not think out of the box and release a lore and stories post that can offer some ambiguous outline of what players can expect and centre it around a character they might meet ? a prelude of sorts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Vector said:

Sooner is always better to drive some anticipation for a project like this. Why not think out of the box and release a lore and stories post that can offer some ambiguous outline of what players can expect and centre it around a character they might meet ? a prelude of sorts.

 

We are aiming for alot of room for people to fill in niches of the lore. While there is a general history, the world that this takes place in is giant and as such several people will have their own little stories and histories. 

We even did our best to keep races vague, yet not lacking.

After some polish and grammar nazism, it'll be ready to view.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

We are aiming for alot of room for people to fill in niches of the lore. While there is a general history, the world that this takes place in is giant and as such several people will have their own little stories and histories. 

We even did our best to keep races vague, yet not lacking.

After some polish and grammar nazism, it'll be ready to view.

Thanks Autumn :) I'm sure you and your current team are working tirelessly to deliver something you believe the community is looking for. I'm not personally feeling much hype myself this is why I suggested a small story from the Lore guys to help jump start something for us all to start planning with.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Vector said:

Thanks Autumn :) I'm sure you and your current team are working tirelessly to deliver something you believe the community is looking for. I'm not personally feeling much hype myself this is why I suggested a small story from the Lore guys to help jump start something for us all to start planning with.

Thank you for your positive attitude, I appreciate your support and the support of several community members during this tumultuous time, applications are also reopened. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Wait.. we have to fill out another application, for the same community? Can staff teams not communicate the needed information such as SteamIDs? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Jared said:

Wait.. we have to fill out another application, for the same community? Can staff teams not communicate the needed information such as SteamIDs? 

Yes you have to create a new application. 

Much like the way you used to have to refresh your normal staff application on DayZRP to show that you were still interested; you are required to send a new application for the LiF team to let us know that you are still interested regardless of if you have sent one before.

If your question was in regards to having to rewhitelist specifically to play on LiF then the answer is no you will not have to another whitelist to play on the server.

Edited by Randle

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×