Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:10
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Sgttater

Nice.

Sgttater    29

Sure is taking yall a long time to make the new rules. Made a bet a few weeks ago that it be a week before we heard anything about about the rules. I lost the bet. 

Is this even still being worked on? 

Autumn    127

In short. Yes. Lore is being Finalized and then the Whitelist and server will be up shortly after.

SatansNightOut    105

I had to manage some things @ work IRL, so it took me a bit a longer to actually sit down and do some writing. The Lore is essentially finished, with a few details that need to be added. But it should be comprehensible and simple but effective. Stay tuned.

Whip    0

this is unsettling for me at least.  

The longer you guys wait , the less people will be inclined to play,  and if you wait to long, you will be competing with Desolation.

Kick it in gear,  What changes to the ruleset could you possibly need?  Writing up some base lore takes what a day ?   Making the spawn town took us like 3 hours? 

Don't make me come back.

Edited by Whip

Vapor    0

*bows to lord whip*

Yeah this is taking too long.. :/

Voedric    28

Good things take time, we didn't want to shovel out some non-polished pile of garbage.

Would you prefer a unfinished pile of garbage or a well-thought out server that will actually feel like something worth playing?

Whip    0
15 minutes ago, Voedric said:

Good things take time, we didn't want to shovel out some non-polished pile of garbage.

Would you prefer a unfinished pile of garbage or a well-thought out server that will actually feel like something worth playing?

2 weeks, then 3 weeks,  then 4 weeks.... 

I see the trend already, Time is your enemy now,  Having the server fully shut down with no players on it helps no one.  You guys should have made the New lore pre wipe , announced it and wiped the server, and started fresh quickly.  

There is what ? 5 of you on the life team . I'm not impressed , and if I had not been removed from the Life slack youd hear much worse than this. If you want LIF to lose all interest and fizzle out,  Then keep pushing things back  and delaying.  

I like others, want to play, and we cant because you shut the server down with no real plan. 

as I said,  Dont make me come back.

Edited by Whip

Alex    465
2 hours ago, Whip said:

Don't make me come back.

Do it.

Josh    37
2 hours ago, Whip said:

Don't make me come back.

28 minutes ago, Whip said:

as I said,  Dont make me come back.

When the lif page turned into the dayzrp meme thread, get of your high horse its just a gaming community.

I dont have anything against you whip, but this sounds so lame and so cringe i had to point it out.

Lif team take your time, make good shit and we will enjoy it.

Peace.

Whip    0
7 minutes ago, Josh said:

When the lif page turned into the dayzrp meme thread, get of your high horse its just a gaming community.

I dont have anything against you whip, but this sounds so lame and so cringe i had to point it out.

Peace.

Oh I apologise josh 

Let me just, Make the thread for the game to come back ,  Write the rules and lead the project from the start and when I pass it off , I should just let them meme around and waste time killing the side project. My high horse is the horse I built, so  I will ride it as i please.  

I will criticize this team as I see fit , Since i am its creator.

Come correct when you quote me josh,  or don't at all 

Roger    0
11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Peace.

I wouldn't call it a high horse, we were on the original LiF team and put in alot of time and effort into getting the server going. It did not take more than a week to get the server going from scratch, including rules, lore and a starter town. It took a lot of hard work, but people came together and finished it in a timely manner. The old saying good things take time is a popular saying when things get put off. Yes good things take time, but good things that come to late are no better then unpolished garbage. 

Josh    37

-snip- to unclutter thread.

Edited by Josh

Whip    0
14 hours ago, Josh said:

Now honestly im more concerned on why i dont have points yet.

Honestly i was just trying to see how responsive the staff are with points but welp.

I know you've done a shit ton whip, no need to justify that.

I got you, like i said just testing stuff, back in the day you would get points for singling out someone like i did whip, but not today.

Lmao  , Yeah I don't report posts , I just fire back .  that's probably why 

I think nowadays mods don't even look unless it's like hitler meme bad or reported.

But forreal though , you gotta really roast someone to get points nowadays .

Next time josh  , Next time!

Edited by Whip

SatansNightOut    105
29 minutes ago, Whip said:

Oh I apologise josh 

Let me just, Make the thread for the game to come back ,  Write the rules and lead the project from the start and when I pass it off , I should just let them meme around and waste time killing the side project. My high horse is the horse I built, so  I will ride it as i please.  

I will criticize this team as I see fit , Since i am its creator.

Come correct when you quote me josh,  or don't at all 

27 minutes ago, Roger said:

I wouldn't call it a high horse, we were on the original LiF team and put in alot of time and effort into getting the server going. It did not take more than a week to get the server going from scratch, including rules, lore and a starter town. It took a lot of hard work, but people came together and finished it in a timely manner. The old saying good things take time is a popular saying when things get put off. Yes good things take time, but good things that come to late are no better then unpolished garbage. 

SNO's POV:

I understand that some people feel that it has been post-poned for too long, and I agree. Personally, from me to you guys, I am sorry. I give due credit where it's deserved, and having the foundation of the rules to work upon definitely gives us a cornerstone upon which to build. But we have also revamped almost everything aside from small changes in the rules. The base rules are the only thing we have been using as far as what previous teams have created.

But that being said? Unexpected things in real life come up, and I was busy dealing with a crisis client, as I work in the field of mental health with people who have developmental disabilities. Needless to say, it can be extremely taxing on the mental stamina bar. :P So you'll excuse me if I find it rather condescending to say we are "memeing around" and killing time. I was busy handling my IRL responsibilities so I can pay rent, and pay for my internet so I have the ability to actually be around. Suffice to say, it was bad timing for me.

I appreciate the criticism and perhaps needed a fire lit under my ass, but at the same time... if you feel so strongly about it, why didn't you remain on the team?

I put in work in my free time as much as I could and I have something to show for it, but I'm just waiting for everything else to fall in place.

Edited by SatansNightOut

Mental    0
4 hours ago, Whip said:

Lmao  , Yeah I don't report posts

Same tbh, got myself in shit for the first time in nearly two years, that was disappointing. 

-PLEASE STAY ON-TOPIC!-

Edited by SatansNightOut

MapleMooses    0
4 minutes ago, Mental said:

Same tbh, got myself in shit for the first time in nearly two years, that was disappointing. 

can we keep this on topic plz, thanks

Whip    0
18 minutes ago, SatansNightOut said:

SNO's POV:

I understand that some people feel that it has been post-poned for too long, and I agree. Personally, from me to you guys, I am sorry. I give due credit where it's deserved, and having the foundation of the rules to work upon definitely gives us a cornerstone upon which to build. But we have also revamped almost everything aside from small changes in the rules. The base rules are the only thing we have been using as far as what previous teams have created.

But that being said? Unexpected things in real life come up, and I was busy dealing with a crisis client, as I work in the field of mental health with people who have developmental disabilities. Needless to say, it can be extremely taxing on the mental stamina bar. :P So you'll excuse me if I find it rather condescending to say we are "memeing around" and killing time. I was busy handling my IRL responsibilities so I can pay rent, and pay for my internet so I have the ability to actually be around. Suffice to say, it was bad timing for me.

I appreciate the criticism and perhaps needed a fire lit under my ass, but at the same time... if you feel so strongly about it, why didn't you remain on the team?

I put in work in my free time as much as I could and I have something to show for it, but I'm just waiting for everything else to fall in place.

This is by no means an attack on anyone personally , and if anyone here in this community understands the need to deal with personal life first its me.   so don't take it that way.

When the team was first formed i made it clear that i was not going to lead it for the long term,  I knew that i wouldn't have the time to spend to give it my all. So i made sure they had everything before I left.   I wrote the rules, Helped build the spawn towns and get the general flow of the server stabilized. I helped run a group and host GM Trade day events and  then after a few weeks I stepped down as leader and passed it off to Storm. We can only have 5 people on the team so it was only fair that myself and roger gave up our spots for members who had time to give. 

This is moreso a warning to the team then it was a callout, If you wait to long, then you will lose the fanbase you have.  I understand you guys want to get new lore,  I wasn't a big fan of the last one anyway, and get things ready on the server.  But two weeks is a long time to have the server closed down. 

Dig in and get things ready for the weekend , if you don't get started and established before desolation is released you will regret it 

Edited by Whip

Vapor    0
4 hours ago, MapleMooses said:

can we keep this on topic plz, thanks

Not having the authority that you had before...

-PLEASE STAY ON-TOPIC!-

Edited by SatansNightOut

Diamond    0
4 hours ago, Whip said:

Lmao  , Yeah I don't report posts , I just fire back .  that's probably why 

I think nowadays mods don't even look unless it's like hitler meme bad or reported.

But forreal though , you gotta really roast someone to get points nowadays .

Next time josh  , Next time!

Now this is more of what we need in he community. Go back and forth roasting and then respect eachother and call it a day. Damn. Tears in my eyes.. what a sight. 

-PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC-

Edited by SatansNightOut

Charlo    0
13 minutes ago, Sgttater said:

It's too late. It's dead. 

Thanks for your great feedback man, I'm sure that will help the LiF team do there job quicker. 

Take your time but not to much time, it's no secret the servers are dying and could use a revamp sooner rather then later. 

Or the fool I quoted will be right.

Edited by Charlie

Roger    0
20 hours ago, Charlie said:

Thanks for your great feedback man, I'm sure that will help the LiF team do there job quicker. 

Take your time but not to much time, it's no secret the servers are dying and could use a revamp sooner rather then later. 

Or the fool I quoted will be right.

Yes because sarcasm is even better feeback fool.

People need to be kicked in the ass on occassion. They are on the LIF team because they volunteered for it, if they lack the time or drive they can step down. People want results and they want them sooner rather that later. Waiting a number of weeks is far to long considering we have a "team" dedicated to working on it.

Edited by Roger

MGGenao    0

I was never a big fan of LiF but playing on this server changed my opinion, the issue now however is that since it fell off, it's been weeks and as time keeps going, I can personally say for myself that my interest in this is plummeting and I can imagine I'm not the only one. My message to the LiF team would be this: Kick those blocking issues in the teeth now and get it to a point where it's playable and during the first week or two of grinding while people are too busy, hammer out the smaller details and THEN apply the polish.

Rogue179    0

Don't forget once the server is up, we all have to whitelist again..... lol 

Sign in to follow this