Server time: 2017-08-18, 03:16

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Holiday

Where the RP at?

Doc Holiday    154

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Note: This is a rant. Please post serious replies regarding this, and no memes plz ;-;

What is happening to DayZRP?

Now, I'm not talking about the forum drama regarding permabans and supposed 'corruption', to be honest I don't care too much about that. I care about RP, seeing as this is DayZRP. I'm sure the majority of you will understand what I mean and have felt it first hand. RP right now is shit, and I'll be honest, it feels even worse than when we had the Syndicate wave. I've played this game for way too long, with my glorious 1400 hours, of which 1100 are RP related. I have been to every town, village, shack, shed or hovel in the map, and a while ago wherever you went you would find RP.

There used to be a time where you could log on, go to the triangle, find some RP and then log off within an hour. Short and sweet, with no combat logging, initiations, etc. I'm not complaining about hostile RP, I love it. But right now IG it is the most prevalent type of RP. My last few days on the server have been sad to say the least. I've ran into maybe a total of 10 people, and this is during at least 7 hours of being on a server. My question is, why does no one RP anymore?

Of those 10 people I ran into, I enjoyed the RP of 2. Maybe I'm too high up on my high horse, maybe I don't appreciate RP anymore, but those 8 people obviously don't understand RP. The lack of emotion, the lack of feeling, the lack of actual RP. You try to initiate to maybe get some RP out of them and they don't comply, you kill them. That's it. I don't want to kill them, I just want to try and further the RP. Some of you may say that torturing someone won't further it, but when you have a conversation with a person for 5 minutes and they say a total of 10 words, what else can you do?

Maybe this is me just being salty, but where has all the good RP gone? Where are the good RPers? I see so many groups that seem like they will be a great experience to meet, and yet you can't find them IG. What most people tell me is that larger groups tend to sit in their own settlement and never leave, which for a while might work, but secluding yourself off from the rest of the server seems like a waste. The days of logging on and going to the triangle seem to be over, it's now always a 1 hour hike to the nearest settlement to find RP, only to find that they have logged or they moved.

Another thing is memeing. I'll admit it, I like a good meme every now and then. It's nice to sit in comms with guys you know and screw around for a bit, but does anyone else feel that maybe it affects people IC? I only have to mention the sentence "Grow up kids" and most of you will know what I am talking about. The problem is, that's not the only person nor the only example. So many people that you meet feel as if they are only doing it 'for the memes' and don't seem to care. If they can throw in a quick joke then hey, everything is good and they don't care about the RP, they got their kick out of it.

Lastly, PvP. I suck at it, and that might be why I hate it so much, but I feel that every situation these days results in PvP. No one complies, and NVFL gets thrown around. People don't seem to care, the phrase 'Die, die, never comply' echoes around the place. From what I can tell, PvPers don't care about anything except the gear. If you don't comply, it makes their job easier as they still get the loot and they don't have to do the hostage RP. Win-win, right? I don't think I ever will understand robbing for gear, seeing as it seems pointless. 'Drop wep, 10 secs'. You get the loot, you hide in a tree for 30 minutes, you log. 10/10 RP for everyone, right?

So I say again, what has happened to RP these days? Does anyone care? Does anyone actually want to RP or is it only about PvP and gear? I'm honestly trying to work out whether it is truly gone or whether I have the worst luck in the world when it comes to finding RPers. 

I would type out an essay, but I don't see the point given this type of thread has been going around for months. All I can say is that it seems to be a problem that's hard to fix unless EVERYONE changes. For example: Its hard for medium level RP'ers to do anything hostile and keep up the RP because they know that if found, no questions asked, they'll get gunned down. Its hard to get mad at specific people because, as someone might be trying to improve this as they play a hostage or take one, at the same time they have to keep around the clock lookout for people doing the exact opposite. You never see Good results from any hostile situations any more and that's partially why everyone sticks to settlements. You never see people negotiate in a hostage situation, and you nearly never see hostile situations end with no casualties and good RP. Its a shame obviously, but it will never be changed unless 99% of the community dedicates themselves to change up how they think.

Haven't we had enough of these threads? Where the search function at? 

Unknown Entity    126

I blame the fact that people are bored and have nothing to do.

The lore is pretty much dead right now, besides "surviving" people can't do much. Building a "base" is very limited, so it's hard to make a place you can call home. When you run into someone it's the same old same old, maybe you'll get lucky and you'll be able to hear that persons backstory as if he read it from a book. This isn't really anyones fault to be honest.

Sure, groups out their try to torture you, rob you, but after a while you know exactly how all those situations go.  Maybe a few are doing something interesting lore wise, but I've not looked into them for a while. Nothing innovating has really caught my eye.

Another thing is that people aren't very receptive of new things. A while back friends and I tried a very different and interesting group, and most people we ran into had no clue what to do because it was so different, and generally opted for the "meh I'll ignore this" option. Or maybe it was shit, although I highly doubt it.

I know that personally I've stopped RPing because it's always the same, and in the past 6 months I've not had a single memorable moment the rare times I've been in game.

Squillium    321

To be honest me and the people I play with are having fun. Yea there is a lot of PVP, but I haven't noticed any more/less since I joined in July. To be honest, and I'm not accusing the OP or anyone in particular, I feel as if the people that play the least complain the most about not getting good RP. Not every RP experience is gonna be desireable, you gotta be persistant to find the RP that is up to your standards.

Doc Holiday    154
5 minutes ago, Squillium said:

To be honest me and the people I play with are having fun. Yea there is a lot of PVP, but I haven't noticed any more/less since I joined in July. To be honest, and I'm not accusing the OP or anyone in particular, I feel as if the people that play the least complain the most about not getting good RP. Not every RP experience is gonna be desireable, you gotta be persistant to find the RP that is up to your standards.

I know that not every RP experience is going to be good, and that is to be expected, but it just seems like these days 'being persistent' equates into running around the map like a headless chicken just to find a conversation. 

Keione    49

GMTC has been a great place for RP lately. Never a dull moment when I'm there, and seemingly the same for many others since they keep coming back.

Grimnir    584
20 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Well I have to disagree, PvP increased alot over the last few month. Nowdays alot of people rather not comply and run into a likely death than going through the shit and repetetive hostile RP you mostly get. I am guilty of this myself, simply because I didn't have one good, not setup, hostile encounter. It's always the same, drop your shit, I am such a badass and then the 15min monologue about our dear friend Darwin, so they can't get hit for a 5min robbery.

Next part is you don't have to worry about my activity I've been pretty active just like the OP.

I fully understand that not every RP you get is great, but not a single good experience for about 2 months now... what? 

Edited by Grimnir

Squillium    321
1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

Well I have to disagree, PvP increased alot over the last few month. Nowdays alot of people rather not comply and run into a likely death than going through the shit and repetetive hostile RP you mostly get. I am guilty of this myself, simply because I didn't have one good, not setup, hostile encounter. It's always the same, drop your shit, I am such a badass and then the 15min monologue about our dear friend Darwin, so they can't get hit for a 5min robbery.

Next part is you don't have to worry about my activity I've been pretty active just like the OP.

I fully understand that not every RP you get is great, but not a single good experience for about 2 month now... what? 

Fair enough, I just disagree that the RP is bad. Recently I've had great experiences with The Gamblers, Locus, GMTC, and various randoms I've met. Either way, as @Tosh said these threads have been done to death.

The fact that you put a trigger warning triggered me...

Also every body is at Green mountain Server 1 and its aids and because everybody is there nobody can rp. 

Edited by Uriki

Voodoo    357

Simply put it comes down to a lot of factors

- The map has been updated so the Triangle is no longer a viable option when looking for military gear in excess.

- Too much internal RP has been going on within a lot of groups leading them to sticking with the people they know.

- The general server is that of boredom, there are no exciting groups to love or fear on the server which will develop a server wide ongoing RP storyline.

- Newer members are generally on the servers just to play with mates and get the gear rather than develop a character.

- The lore is too outdated and finished, we need a full lore wipe that is slow in terms of world falling to the infection (Each month is planned out from the Chernarus epicentre with countries falling one by one until eventually 2 years from the start the world has fallen).

- The community has collapsed into a huge divide with members pointing out problems only to be ignored as a critic or permabanned. This divide can easily be seen between new members and old. 

-DayZSA is just a poor game at the end of the day with a gear orientated focus. Compared to the Mod where things were limited (character look, weapon customization) allowing for more RP to flow with just the basics.

The main thing is that a majority of people you meet ingame are one of the following:

- A new member not looking to creating a character with background due to just wanting to explore and get gear in a game which leads to poor RP.

- Older members that have given up and just log on to do the occasional robbery or have a laugh.

PVP is the same as its always been although it probably has increased slightly due to the members that don't care about dying as they view the servers as just simply a game rather than an apocalypse simulator aswell as the rules now being far more lenient in areas concerning RP vs PVP:

9.2 When your character dies you must continue your role play as if you were wounded in the situation that lead to your death.

Simply this rule now means that you keep your memories of the incident leading to death due to roleplaying out the injury which in itself means that it does not matter if you die compared to the old rules where if you died you were not allowed to remember meaning RP was the priority (Plus where is the sense in roleplaying injury on the coast when you died at NWAF?). With this rule you can simply not comply, keep the memories and look again for the people that killed you with the information you gained right before the screen went black.

People need to stop complaining, everyday isn't going to be the best experience you can ever get. Personally for me RP has been fun as fuck lately wit my boi @Diamond

Enough of these threads already.

Squillium    321
40 minutes ago, Uriki said:

Also every body is at Green mountain Server 1 and its aids and because everybody is there nobody can rp. 

Dude, both GMTC and the people at their camp can and have offered good RP. People just need to hate on the next big group that comes up for some reason.

28 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Dude, both GMTC and the people at their camp can and have offered good RP. People just need to hate on the next big group that comes up for some reason.

I think he's referring to the massive frame drops, and the fact that VOIP gets aidsy when there's so many people. Not to mention it pulls everyone in who you might be able to find elsewhere around the map, thus limiting the amount of people you come across outside of one location. Don't think he's talking shit about them as much as it's a pain in the ass to RP there or find RP elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Uriki said:

Agree. Not just this settlement tho but settlements in general I feel are just safe bubbles and the rp is controlled by the people who own the settlement. Not to mention they rule play the fuck outta people and can kill them, just gives people excuses to be lazy IMO. The rules should be there but the KOS doesn't need to be used all the time.. just creates rp that's controlled by the group that has KOS rights at its fingertips at all times if someone even talks shit

Hebee    2216

As far as your statement "PvPers only care about gear" I will disagree with that. I only cared about shitting on kids in PvP. Which you call bad role play but I call avoiding generic getting dismembered RP for no reason and saving my character. With that being said I haven't gotten in game in months so I have no clue about the quality / state of the roleplay but it sounds the same as usual from how people are describing it a few highly populated areas then nothing. This is how it has been and more than likely how it always will be unless another patch like .55 comes out that forces you to travel to get essential supplies.

Ex of RP hubs and the rest of the map being essentially empty: Zbor and Zeleno, Ffl and kab, Green mountain, Outrun and their few camps 

2 minutes ago, Hebee said:

As far as your statement "PvPers only care about gear" I will disagree with that. I only cared about shitting on kids in PvP. Which you call bad role play but I call avoiding generic getting dismembered RP for no reason and saving my character. With that being said I haven't gotten in game in months so I have no clue about the quality / state of the roleplay but it sounds the same as usual from how people are describing it a few highly populated areas then nothing. This is how it has been and more than likely how it always will be unless another patch like .55 comes out that forces you to travel to get essential supplies.

Ex of RP hubs and the rest of the map being essentially empty: Zbor and Zeleno, Ffl and kab, Green mountain, Outrun and their few camps 

You right. As far as I'm concerned pvp'ers aren't gear based. The people making threads and whoring all the gear and yelling about being robbed usually are. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PvPers don't care about anything except the gear.

Well that's a complete lie. There are plenty of reasons why bandits will initiate on people. Accusing them of only caring about gear kinda makes it obvious that you're the one that cares more about gear.

Going into game with the mindset of 'bandits are bad for the server' is apart of the reason why the RP is declining.

I never rob anyone for gear, now do I take gear when I rob em, well yeah duhhh. 

29 minutes ago, Hebee said:

Image result for survivor smile gif

Agreed. Let's avoid the "pvp ruins rp" argument. You asking me what my backstory is 10 seconds after meeting you ruins my RP , asking me what kind of gun I am carrying or telling me it's nice ruins RP and the same dramatic survivor roleplay in the same camps overflowed with 20 tents full of bullshit ruins rp.

As far as GMTC goes, yea no. Such an unorganized cluster fuck of tents that your frames drop from 100 to 20. Nobody knows who is coming in and out of the camp , but there is 20 fucking guards standing around asking to check my hands. 

It's played out and boring.

SatansNightOut    105
24 minutes ago, Mamba said:

You asking me what my backstory is 10 seconds after meeting you ruins my RP

lmao the one that gets me is "Do you need anything?"

People literally ask me that ALL the time. Do I look needy or something? Or are people just trying to get me to lighten their load? Either way... >_>

7 minutes ago, SatansNightOut said:

People literally ask me that ALL the time. Do I look needy or something? Or are people just trying to get me to lighten their load? Either way... >_>

Or trying to be nice and spark a different line of conversation. lmao?

Castiel    1124
24 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Or trying to be nice and spark a different line of conversation. lmao?

Idk about "different". Every other dude I meet asks me if I need anything. Have to agree with the above, that's the kind of stuff that's detrimental to the role play.

3 hours ago, Tosh said:

I think he's referring to the massive frame drops, and the fact that VOIP gets aidsy when there's so many people. Not to mention it pulls everyone in who you might be able to find elsewhere around the map, thus limiting the amount of people you come across outside of one location. Don't think he's talking shit about them as much as it's a pain in the ass to RP there or find RP elsewhere. 

Yer thats what I trying to say lol

2 hours ago, SatansNightOut said:

I have just started saying Yer everything you've got. They tend to fuck off pretty quickly.