Server time: 2017-11-20, 02:21

Sign in to follow this  
Guest crosstalk

A question about death

Guest crosstalk

If you meet people in the game and then die, and then randomly meet up with them again, are you supposed to treat your death as if it never happened and you merely left them for a while?

Its the New Life Rule. I suggest you look it up and learn the rules for it.

If you die, you have no previous memories of what happened. Example, You cannot rush back to your body to loot it. The only exception to this is if you Die in a glitchy way.

Guest crosstalk

Thank you.

I think hes asking how do you respond to them when they clearly watched you die but all of a sudden youre alive again. How would you treat that situation.

At least Id like to know that.

I think hes asking how do you respond to them when they clearly watched you die but all of a sudden youre alive again. How would you treat that situation.

At least Id like to know that.

Ah, well in that case, You just go about it like you don't know them.

Toorik is actually wrong. The wording of the rule is confusing, however, all you are forced to forget is the event that lead to your death. You don't have to forget your associates and your clan mates (though, if you want to RP to that extent then you are welcome to), just where and why you died, and who was involved.

Really? Me and many others just use conveniently contrived RP excuses. Some like...

Me: Woah dude! Didn't you die?

Him: Nope.

or

Him: Holy shit. You got shot in the head! I saw you!

Me : I got better.

The best one ever was

Me: Hey! Didn't you fall off that building in Elektro? I thought you went splat.

Him: I missed.

Toorik is actually wrong. The wording of the rule is confusing, however, all you are forced to forget is the event that lead to your death. You don't have to forget your associates and your clan mates (though, if you want to RP to that extent then you are welcome to), just where and why you died, and who was involved.

I know that if you get Shot and are Assumed dead, You can play it off as if you were left for dead and managed to escape with a sliver of your life and recovered. How that works when you get shot in the head, I'm not sure.

Well, the shot in the head one was actually a friend of mine. And in his RP background, it actually made sense. (low caliber weapon, small puncture, has reinforcing on skull due to childhood incident, ect)

How much logic you want to apply to it is all up to you. All I'm saying is that, by the rules, all that you are being forced to do is to avoid the area that you died in, not loot your corpse, and give up any kill/ownership rights you have.

If you want to start a completely new character upon death, no worries. However, most see that as a huge inconvenience, so they just roleplay waking up with short-term memory loss or something similar.

Guest crosstalk

Thank guys for all the help. I understand much better now.

I say that someone helped me and brought me to the shoreline but took all my stuff. If they ask who I say probably a Free Medic.

I say that someone helped me and brought me to the shoreline but took all my stuff. If they ask who I say probably a Free Medic.

I say that too, or sometimes I say that I woke up with some hospital equipment attached to me and that I was in a safe house owned by a hermit (:

You'd be better off saying a bandit clan did it or a bandit on their own as the FM wouldn't take your stuff, I understand what you're trying to do , but it could end up giving them a bad name