Alex

Mini Continuation: Tisy Military Facility

Alex    451

UAVnh9i.png

MsNHFsc.png

1.2km West of Skalka Ridge,
Tisy, South Zagoria, Chernarus

23ea60c62b749cb29bf4b2cabc3c65a0.png

From its early use during the 1950’s, Tisy’s military installation was first used as an infantry training ridge before any actual construction took place. Originally the early USSR forces  that inhabited this place used the area to run conscripts through procedures and training for the national army.

Towards the 1960s, the base’s early buildings were fabricated and an underground complex was designed to sustain ordnance used on the 3 primary Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) platforms on the south side of the ridge. The underground areas were later rumoured by the late 60s to have housed forms of nuclear materials and warheads designed to target NATO forces in Europe and in the Middle East, while the S-200 missiles used on the SAM launchers would aim to destroy enemy warheads within range of southern Soviet regions.

Between 1981 and 1985 the base became a part of the Warsaw Pact's defensive line, sporting an effective range of 250 km and additional anti-aircraft missile equipment with nuclear warheads of a 25kt (kiloton) thickness. Later into the 80s the base’s nuclear functions were abandoned under a series of detailed desist documents given by the order of the Soviet Union. The S-200 and other Anti-Air missiles were kept on base and remained in active service until 1991, when Chernarus gained its independence from the Soviet Union. Following the dissolution of the union, the newly organised CDF repurposed the base as a training facility for recruits as well as for the testing of experimental weapons and other classified military materials found in Chernarus.

Following these changes the only Anti-Air missiles still in active use were the S-75 Dvina missiles, running on the older SAM launchers used on the 3 distinct towers that remain to this day. As the millennium passed and the Civil War later began, previously active missiles were kept in the secure underground facility at Tisy as the base was mostly overhauled for infantry training. It was later rumoured that some S-200s and potentially atomic weapons were left over from the Cold War in the depths of that very facility.

When civil war broke out in Chernarus in early days of September 2009, the base and its assets were seized by the ChDKZ (Chedaki) forces that had amassed in South Zagoria. Most of it's inhabitants were arrested and taken prisoner. Luckily, its missile arsenal was kept well hidden underground and did not see use throughout the conflict up until South Zagoria was retaken.  The American/CDF forces captured the remaining Chedaki Forces inside the base during a several day long standoff at the north-west bunkers and barracks of the facility.

On October 12th, 2014 the base was overhauled with a series of military-style prefabricated structures (tents), biological Hazmat shelters, suits and other quarantine materials from both western Chernarus and the stores of the underground facility. A contingency known as Order 62 had been put into effect and the infantry training at the base not already in active combat in south-western South Zagoria were tasked with disposal of mass amounts of dead infected corpses.

Following the introduction of the new contingency orders, the base used mass graves or pits to dispose of useless corpses and infected individuals, while specific cadavers were sealed in bags and sent elsewhere, presumably to researchers at the U.N and W.H.O branches. Around 2-3 weeks post-patient zero the base was riddled with disease and many workers fell sick to different corpse-related infections, including SR-1. From the masses of infected circling the region, Tisy was soon abandoned and remaining CDF forces assisted UN efforts in the North-East. The key underground facility was physically sealed and locked under the orders of the CDF command and left until such a time as it is reopened.

Following the outbreak and subsequent fall of civilisation, the bases’ underground facility and its many secrets stay hidden from survivors who dare stumble across the abandoned military base. The sealed facility remains unenterable, as no CDF personnel working there is known to be alive or have been able to enter it.

4uOIEYm.png

2H7kHti.png

During the height of this base’s use, S-200 Anti-Air Surface-to-Air missiles were used on the SAM platform and launchers in the event of Nuclear intervention from the United States.

44480617-Edit.jpg   44480625-Edit.jpg

In the peak of the Cold War any potential Nuclear weapons stored within the base would have been out of sight/not-photographed during the commission of this particular facility. Thus, no evidence of their existence is possible.

44480620-Edit.jpg

Later into the 20th Century when the Soviet Union began to dissolve, the use of S-75 Dvina missiles was implemented on the same near-ancient SAM launchers used in the base.

4uOIEYm.png

23qGaf2.png

ee2347b362c210ed50f1746a436dc47e.jpg

Being one of the first major constructions to be laid out in the base, the northernmost side of Tisy Military contains a 1 kilometre long shooting range with various targets and canopies/other buildings for infantry and officers to stay in. The additional buildings nearby were not constructed until later into the base’s lifespan.

The new fields roads spanning down from the north lead into a main courtyard with various infantry barracks, store warehouses and a pair of large bunkers armed with inch thick steel doors and stone walls. The main courtyard houses the primary buildings of tisy, the military offices and buildings linked to CDF’s high command in the region of South Zagoria.

Walled by 2 sets of barbed-wire chain-link fences, the base has various levels of security including a pair of guard houses for entry and exit on the north east side of the base, and the south side of the base leading into the most well defended part of Tisy Military Facility.

South of the main area, there are 3 ramped platforms designated to carry the SAM launchers from throughout the underground stores of this facility. Being constructed in the height of the cold war rarely saw active service as US engagements this far south of Moscow never really took place. Nevertheless, these launchers serve as a reminder of the once imminent threat of nuclear war. To the west of the base past another level of security and over 1km of forest lies a large radar station equipped with several missile launch devices and a steel radar dish spanning the length of the roof.

Besides a temporary tent emplacement in the south west side of the facility, most of this base was used and serviced during the reign of the USSR and highly during the cold war. Following the dissolution of this movement and the coming independence of Chernarus, most of the missile facilities both atomic and anti-air were not used at all, all the way up until the outbreak of SR-1.

Appendix A - Warsaw Pact's Defensive Line:

553a0647d78cf63383578a1185df8943.png

Black Stars = SAM Launch Sites

All of the points are real life locations for the defensive line besides the Ardistanian, Karzeghistani and Chernarussian SAM sites. Romanian sites are disputed on their legitimacy.

Lore by Alex

Images provided by Matej Kopecky

This lore is canon and has been approved by the LM Team.

Alex    451
Just now, Rogério SkyLab said:

-

The LMs have far more interesting extended lore pieces coming up, but this is something I wrote and had approved myself since I found it interesting and our current lore doesn't touch on the base despite it's size and apparent significance. You're welcome btw ;)

Castiel    1124

This is pretty good. Thank you, Lore Administrator Alex.

Ramon    331

Looks good Alex, very interesting to read ;)

Looks nice Alex, going to take a read later when I get home from work :)

I dig it. the font is a nice touch. :D

Alex    451
Just now, Plank said:

I dig it. the font is a nice touch. :D

I just found the same font that Pat/Post used on Continuation, so I'm about to make it look nicer :D

Alex    451
Just now, Rolle said:

Oh god the font...

Rolle pls

I copy pasted it from my google doc leave me alone :D

RedSky    122

Falken shall rise from the ashes!

-Tactical nuke incoming!-

Edited by RedSky

Fenrir    42

Good to see this get approved. 

The project is well under way;)

Did the loremaster team approve this or is it just fanmade?

Alex    451
1 minute ago, Sasha said:

Did the loremaster team approve this or is it just fanmade?

Approved and completely canon, as said in the small print at the bottom.

All in all good. But the armament for those SAMs wouldn't be stored underground. They'd be stored in those 3 bunkers as those are common military munitions bunkers. If they're empty that is either due to the missiles never being used so they were disposed off OR perhaps someone made off with them....

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Approved and completely canon, as said in the small print at the bottom.

As per Fenrirs post above it seems like this post was made to basically make the nuclear weapons they claim to have in their arsenal canon. Don't you find it a bit.. odd that you, an admin that IS in the  group with them makes a lore post  that pretty much only justify your arguably powergamey backstory of having nuclear weapons and makes it canon? 

That's at least what it looked like to a few of us. No intention of being "on the attack" but it does seem very sketchy.

Edit: Noticed that it's not former group, it's your current group. 

Edited by Sasha

RedSky    122
4 minutes ago, Sasha said:

As per Fenrirs post above it seems like this post was made to basically make the nuclear weapons they claim to have in their arsenal canon. Don't you find it a bit.. odd that you, an admin that have been in a  group with them makes a lore post  that pretty much only justify their arguably powergamey backstory of having nuclear weapons and makes it canon? 

That's at least what it looked like to a few of us. No intention of being "on the attack" but it does seem very sketchy.

First of all, Falken has never claimed to have nuclear weaponry, never had never will. Falken has been on a constant search for anything radioactive to either find a way to find a warhead(armed or disarmed) and or make a dirty bomb ourselves. I dont see where powergaming comes in to perspective considering the fact Tisy is not in any way shape or form ever going to get us a "nuke" If you would've read my group page very carefully you would have read that the group goal is set to an Impossible for continuation of RP for my members. And that we will never have a nuke or claim to have one, and if by the mriacles of gods another group does something to actually enable us I will check heavily on how to take it up with both loremaster and staff team to see how we can do an event that we can lose it again. Please Sasha read my F.A.Q on my group page to clear up your assumptions.

You can find these at the bottom of the page in a spoiler

29 minutes ago, RedSky said:

First of all, Falken has never claimed to have nuclear weaponry, never had never will. Falken has been on a constant search for anything radioactive to either find a way to find a warhead(armed or disarmed) and or make a dirty bomb ourselves. I dont see where powergaming comes in to perspective considering the fact Tisy is not in any way shape or form ever going to get us a "nuke" If you would've read my group page very carefully you would have read that the group goal is set to an Impossible for continuation of RP for my members. And that we will never have a nuke or claim to have one, and if by the mriacles of gods another group does something to actually enable us I will check heavily on how to take it up with both loremaster and staff team to see how we can do an event that we can lose it again. Please Sasha read my F.A.Q on my group page to clear up your assumptions.

You can find these at the bottom of the page in a spoiler

Alright, I've just seen the repeated hints about your group and nuclear capabilities. The FAQ did clear some  things up, Appreciate that.
This still does seem like it's just a build up to reach the goal of having another group supplying you with it. It may absolutely be wrong, this is just the first impression I along with a few others had.  Which is why I pointed it out and asked about it. I'm glad it wasn't as straight forwards at it seemed at least. :)

You can understand why we'd think this is what it'd be with radio posts like this, and the other hints pointing at it.

Edited by Sasha

RedSky    122
13 minutes ago, Sasha said:

Alright, I've just seen the repeated hints about your group and nuclear capabilities. The FAQ did clear some  things up, Appreciate that.
This still does seem like it's just a build up to reach the goal of having another group supplying you with it. It may absolutely be wrong, this is just the first impression I along with a few others had.  Which is why I pointed it out and asked about it. I'm glad it wasn't as straight forwards at it seemed at least. :)

I wasn't involved in any of the research Alex did, but he went long ways to figure out where and what the devs used as inspiration to create the lore he did, if you refering to the geiger counter and the Nuclear warning broadcast. A radio tower semi militarised would have such a broadcast, these things are often prerecorded. And the geiger counter was used on a banana, this lore was Alex his hard work and baby. Falken was not involved in any of it ;P

Alex    451
33 minutes ago, MGGenao said:

All in all good. But the armament for those SAMs wouldn't be stored underground. They'd be stored in those 3 bunkers as those are common military munitions bunkers. If they're empty that is either due to the missiles never being used so they were disposed off OR perhaps someone made off with them....

Nope, in this case the bunkers stored the launchers and other equipment,  while the missiles were stored underground.  This is an aspect based on the real life counterpart base. 

31 minutes ago, Sasha said:

As per Fenrirs post above it seems like this post was made to basically make the nuclear weapons they claim to have in their arsenal canon. Don't you find it a bit.. odd that you, an admin that IS in the  group with them makes a lore post  that pretty much only justify your arguably powergamey backstory of having nuclear weapons and makes it canon? 

Edit: Noticed that it's not former group, it's your current group. 

This lore on Tisy is based off of the real life Czech military base called "Klondajk",  that during the 80s did indeed house nuclear warheads of a minor proportion. So this lore being considered a way for my group to have nuclear weapons in Chernarus is false,  simply because all of this lore is purely based off of the real life counterpart of Tisy. 

Yes,  I'm naturally interested in this base because of that but you'll notice in the lore that I specifically state that the base's underground stores are sealed. There is absolutely no physical way anyone will ever get into it. Plus,  finnr explains well that we've never said we had nuclear or even alluded to it. 

All I'm trying to do here is fill a gap in the lore on a large base that's history is mostly unknown. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Nope, in this case the bunkers stored the launchers and other equipment,  while the missiles were stored underground.  This is an aspect based on the real life counterpart base. 

This lore on Tisy is based off of the real life Czech military base called "Klondajk",  that during the 80s did indeed house nuclear warheads of a minor proportion. So this lore being considered a way for my group to have nuclear weapons in Chernarus is false,  simply because all of this lore is purely based off of the real life counterpart of Tisy. 

Yes,  I'm naturally interested in this base because of that but you'll notice in the lore that I specifically state that the base's underground stores are sealed. There is absolutely no physical way anyone will ever get into it. Plus,  finnr explains well that we've never said we had nuclear or even alluded to it. 

All I'm trying to do here is fill a gap in the lore on a large base that's history is mostly unknown. 

Alright. With the radio broadcasts of finding "devices" that geiger counters react heavily to, I'd consider alluding to. Sealed doesn't mean impossible to get into.
You can understand how this looks though, right? With the hints dropped of your groups nuclear capabilities and what can only be assumed to be intentionally "misleading" information in the non-verbal aspects of the radio chatters to allude to nuclear capabilities.

If this was unintentional and simply the result of coincidence and radio broadcasts unintentionally containing hints about nuclear devices in the descriptions then alright.
I'll take it that means that Falken and no other group will be allowed access to nuclear weapons? :)

RedSky    122
1 minute ago, Sasha said:

Alright. With the radio broadcasts of finding "devices" that geiger counters react heavily to, I'd consider alluding to. Sealed doesn't mean impossible to get into.
You can understand how this looks though, right? With the hints dropped of your groups nuclear capabilities and what can only be assumed to be intentionally "misleading" information in the non-verbal aspects of the radio chatters to allude to nuclear capabilities.

If this was unintentional and simply the result of coincidence and radio broadcasts unintentionally containing hints about nuclear devices in the descriptions then alright.
I'll take it that means that Falken and no other group will be allowed access to nuclear weapons? :)

Bingo ;) , Unless the LM team ever allows us to have a kickass event with a firefight over a nuclear weapon(spoiler alerts they wont ever allow it) Falken will and can never have any Nuclear capable weaponry. Not even a dirty bomb. Therefor it just stays with research and strange radio messages :)

Joules    227

Wait... so the nuclear weapons are still in Chernarus? Why in the absolute shit didn't Russia remove them after the soviet union RIPed, or even better why the hell didn't NATO force Chernarus to disarm?  Am I misunderstanding something?

It’s a good read. I’m not entirely sure I agree to all the lore concepts personally as I believe things would have been slightly different in terms of what we actively being stored in Tisy after 1991, and in regards to where the ChDKZ presence was within South Zagoria. Still an interesting take on it none the less. Would have liked a bit more aesthetics to the thread though if it is to be taken as official work. :P

Alex    451
3 minutes ago, Joules said:

Wait... so the nuclear weapons are still in Chernarus? Why in the absolute shit didn't Russia remove them after the soviet union RIPed, or even better why the hell didn't NATO force Chernarus to disarm?  Am I misunderstanding something?

Going to answer this in the morning it's 1am, on my phone sorry. 

2 minutes ago, Post said:

It’s a good read. I’m not entirely sure I agree to all the lore concepts personally as I believe things would have been slightly different in terms of what we actively being stored in Tisy after 1991, and in regards to where the ChDKZ presence was within South Zagoria. Still an interesting take on it none the less. Would have liked a bit more aesthetics to the thread though if it is to be taken as official work. :P

Will work on aesthetics hehe, suggestions are more than welcome :D