Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:07

Sign in to follow this  
Dblxross

More civilian vehicles?

Dblxross    0

I was browsing http://www.armaholic.com/, and I found some interesting new vehicles that, when added, could enhance the DayZRP experience. There really are not many civilian vehicles when compared with the ratio to civilian compared to military. I think if there was a larger variety of regular vehicles, it would add a lot of opportunities for diversity and introduce a fresh feel in comparison to vanilla DayZ without really impacting performance. Some of the things I came across....

Skoda Octavia

A small little addon I found which adds a lot of variety to an existing vehicle, the Skoda. It's the standard police car found in vanilla Arma II. With this, however, a whole new league of regular civilian vehicles would be available, based on this model.

civilfm_4.jpg

policee_4.jpg

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14320

SUV Recolours

Simple. It adds various colors to the popular vehicle, the SUV.

suvrecolour1_4.jpg

suvrecolour2_4.jpg

Link:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17176

UAZ 451 Pack

This is probably the most diverse of my suggestions. It adds a lot of variation to the UAZ 451, a vehicle commonly found in Arma II vanilla.

macvgehkf8ac_4.jpg

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17619

Didn't put much effort into this post, compared to my usual posts. Let me know what you guys think, or if you think you found something more befitting this idea.

I like it.

ElDubya    0

We need clan skins implemented before we go asking for more cars. The majority of the server has been patiently waiting for them. There are already 40 vehicles in game, deal with it.

Dblxross    0

We need clan skins implemented before we go asking for more cars. The majority of the server has been patiently waiting for them. There are already 40 vehicles in game, deal with it.

Adding new vehicles is much, much more simple than adding a whole new system like clan skins. Clan skins will require a lot of config and coding that goes across several different languages, whereas adding vehicles that have already been modeled is much easier.

Just because you want them to finish the clan skin system ASAP doesn't mean you can shoot down simple suggestions. All you had to say was something to the effect of, "I think we have enough vehicles.", but instead you decided to act as if I personally tried to insult your intelligence by SUGGESTING a SUGGESTION in the SUGGESTION FORUMS. Bad attitude will get you nothing but spite from others. "Deal with it."

Onionjack    0

Dat UAZ with flames! 8)

Also the ambulance would be great but I heard there were some issues in the past when there was one actually.

Rolle    2445

Yeah, about that... :D

I like the UAZ pack, adds some variety, will forward it to the dev team.

ElDubya    0

Adding new vehicles is much, much more simple than adding a whole new system like clan skins. Clan skins will require a lot of config and coding that goes across several different languages, whereas adding vehicles that have already been modeled is much easier.

Just because you want them to finish the clan skin system ASAP doesn't mean you can shoot down simple suggestions. All you had to say was something to the effect of, "I think we have enough vehicles.", but instead you decided to act as if I personally tried to insult your intelligence by SUGGESTING a SUGGESTION in the SUGGESTION FORUMS. Bad attitude will get you nothing but spite from others. "Deal with it."

No need to get your panties all in a bunch dude. I wasn't "shooting down" anything. I was merely SUGGESTING in a SUGGESTION thread in the SUGGESTION forum that we have enough cars. Jeez, switch to decaf?

Yeah, about that... :D

*whistles and taps foot* .... :)

Dblxross    0

No need to get your panties all in a bunch dude. I wasn't "shooting down" anything. I was merely SUGGESTING in a SUGGESTION thread in the SUGGESTION forum that we have enough cars. Jeez, switch to decaf?

I, like most others, do not take kindly to unwarranted aggression.

I like the UAZ pack, adds some variety, will forward it to the dev team.

Sounds great.

Daring    0

That UAZ pack looks great

For some reason I picture a big race at the nwaf with all of those

Dblxross    0

That UAZ pack looks great

For some reason I picture a big race at the nwaf with all of those

The prize being a flame paint job xD

Osaka    15

Do want.

Gief amberlamps!

Pogis    0

Always been a fan of these Russian cars, such as the UAZ, GAZ and stuff. Would love to see this UAZ you posted in-game, and have one of these!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Dat UAZ with flames! 8)

Also the ambulance would be great but I heard there were some issues in the past when there was one actually.

really? that one sucks! im more for the pink one with flowers

Astraal    3

Dat UAZ with flames! 8)

yeah some bandit clan used it as a trap for survivors looking for aid.

Tortov    0

Those UAZ vans are everywhere in Eastern Europe, and having driven around in these a lot in other mods, I can safely say they have lots of detail. The variety of paint jobs is great, too.

I would personally love the van addons, and even the car ones. Especially because it'll shorten the issue of people going 'dat's mah green car you robbed me!'.

Dblxross    0

Hopefully Rolle or another dev team member will update us on the issue soon.