Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:23

Sign in to follow this  
ChillAnKill

Can I have my white list swapped?

Question

ChillAnKill    0

Okay, I have my account that is whitelisted and I barely play on it anymore because I have got a lot more games on another steam account. I just bought DayZ on this account and I was playing for a bit and missed the RP server. Could I have it transferred.

This is the account it is one at the moment.

707dcbf178ce501553cd30f4f9e3ce59.png

This is the one I want it on.

fe352b2ced41a3747207c86eb5fcf13b.png

16 answers to this question

Kanye    14

Why do you have multiple accounts in the first place? That raises questions of if an account might have VAC bans on it and the like.

William    397

Hey there Chill,

Having two steam accounts, as you may know, is not allowed. However if you wish to re-whitelist on another steam account, I think it's possible. This is a question for the admins or another staff member. I'm not 100% positive but I think you might be able to work something out. What I would not do is apply on the steam account you want while having the original account still whitelisted, this will result in a blacklist, which is what we dont want. Also, if you have a VAC ban less than 365 days old you will not be able to apply. So I would definitely wait for an admin or someone else in staff to answer this.

Hope that helped  

Edited by Will

ChillAnKill    0
3 minutes ago, Will said:

Hey there Chill,

Having two steam accounts, as you may know, is not allowed. However if you wish to re-whitelist on another steam account, I think it's possible. This is a question for the admins or another staff member. I'm not 100% positive but I think you might be able to work something out. What I would not do is apply on the steam account you want while having the original account still whitelisted, this will result in a blacklist, which is what we dont want. Also, if you have a VAC ban less than 365 days old you will not be able to apply. So I would definitely wait for an admin or someone else in staff to answer this.

Hope that helped  

It is in the rules that having an alt. DayZ RP is against rules as well thats why I want to transfer.

Edit:

And there are no VAC's on either accounts.

Edited by ChillAnKill

William    397
Just now, ChillAnKill said:

It is in the rules that having an alt. DayZ RP is against rules as well thats why I want to transfer.

Yes that is correct, it is against the rules to have two accounts associated with the same IP. So I would play it safe and ask an admin if it's acceptable to transfer your account before you try anything.

ChillAnKill    0
10 minutes ago, Kanye said:

Why do you have multiple accounts in the first place? That raises questions of if an account might have VAC bans on it and the like.

It is just an alternate account, has more games so I play on it more. No VAC's on either account.

Just now, Will said:

Yes that is correct, it is against the rules to have two accounts associated with the same IP. So I would play it safe and ask an admin if it's acceptable to transfer your account before you try anything.

Yes I agree. And Will, could you direct me to the rule of not allowed to have 2 steam accounts. I looked and couldn't find it.

William    397
7 minutes ago, ChillAnKill said:

It is just an alternate account, has more games so I play on it more. No VAC's on either account.

Yes I agree. And Will, could you direct me to the rule of not allowed to have 2 steam accounts. I looked and couldn't find it.

It is not in the community rules however it is sort of stated in the newcomer guide. 

ec271a50e4b05abfd4c0d828a7c0afe1.png

"Sharing accounts is not allowed"

This somewhat ties into your issue with not being able to have two steam accounts. Although it's not directly stated I'm fairly certain that you cant have two accounts. I've seen plenty of ban appeals where people have been blacklisted for having two steam accounts. 

Edited by Will

Kanye    14

It's pretty late for most people, if you want a quicker answer I suggest the help desk on TS otherwise it might take till morning. Typically a single account per IP is allowed. This helps eliminate the "oh it was my brother who KOSed on my account" bs.

Goodluck! I realize that logging in and out of accounts on steam is a bit of a hassle. 

ChillAnKill    0
Just now, Will said:

It is not in the community rules however it is sort of stated in the newcomer guide. 

ec271a50e4b05abfd4c0d828a7c0afe1.png

"Sharing accounts is not allowed"

This somewhat ties into your issue with not being able to have two steam accounts. Although it's not directly stated I'm fairly certain that you cant have two accounts. I've seen plenty of ban appeals where people have been blacklisted for having two steam accounts. 

But I'm not sharing accounts I can provide proof of ownership on both accounts. And I'm not asking for whitelist on both accounts. Just for it to be removed on one and given to another.

William    397
Just now, ChillAnKill said:

But I'm not sharing accounts I can provide proof of ownership on both accounts. And I'm not asking for whitelist on both accounts. Just for it to be removed on one and given to another.

I understand that, however I can't help you do that considering I'm not an admin, so I would wait till tomorrow morning for a reply from someone who has the ability to do such a thing :)

Gonna go ahead and say there's a good chance you won't be allowed to swap Steam accounts as you admit both accounts are yours and you have no issue accessing either. The only reason Steam accounts get changed is, for instance, your account gets stolen and you've gone through proper means to recover it beforehand. Swapping accounts "just because" likely won't be done.

But only an admin will confirm that. 

Source: used to be admin. 

Edited by Tosh

Ellie    335

If I remember correctly, Rolle was the only one who would grant these sort of situations. Again he wouldn't just agree to it willy nilly and it had to be within good reason like how Tosh explained above. I would PM Rolle and see what he has to say.

8 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Why you lying to me?

Your whitelist has been revoked and you have been blacklisted. Feel free to appeal when your ban is over 365 days old, and I suggest you be honest with us then.

Since when does DayZRP honor game bans?

Oliv    1538
Just now, Tosh said:

Since when does DayZRP honor game bans?

I jumped the gun and misread the ban. Thought it said gamehack. I'm awaiting an answer now on how we would proceed.

Oliv    1538

Sorry for the confusion in regards to the game ban. Email us at [email protected] or launch a support ticket here on the website. Include both your steam ID's there, current and the one you would like to use, and plead your case there as to why.

Thank you,

Oliv

ChillAnKill    0
6 hours ago, Oliv said:

Sorry for the confusion in regards to the game ban. Email us at [email protected] or launch a support ticket here on the website. Include both your steam ID's there, current and the one you would like to use, and plead your case there as to why.

Thank you,

Oliv

Thanks will do.

Beni    672

Hello @ChillAnKill

I feel you have already received an answer for this question... And seen as though you posted this four days ago, I will be answering this for you!

Best of luck.