Server time: 2017-10-24, 09:36
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
APureGamer

Post suggestion.

APureGamer    55

My suggestion is finding a way to fix the topic posts. Its really hard to explain what I mean. Essentially whoever comments on this post after me. In the forums section it will say
"Last Post? By - (Whoever commented last)

It should say "Last Post? By - Then whoever posted it. Not whoever commented last. 

When I see farewell posts and the last person to comment is someone like a Admin or Staff. I think theyre leaving until I click on it and read who it really is.

I dont really know HOW to fix it. But bringing it to light wouldn't hurt. Just a OCD thing thats bugging me. 

Edit - Also say if you comment of 4-5 different posts. It will look like you're post spamming in the forums.

Edited by APureGamer.

Bran    0

Personally I like it the way it is. I tend to use them as a method to track topics that I am interested in when browsing the forums. Its an easy way to see when somebody new comments.

I think it should stay, but I think that they should add the name of the user who created the topic, maybe under the last user to post on it or on the left hand side.

Shark    0
33 minutes ago, APureGamer. said:

It should say "Last Post? By - Then whoever posted it. Not whoever commented last.

But what sense would that make? The last post should say who was the last to post... Maybe I'm just not getting it rn. 

APureGamer    55

So for instance I made this post. But since you were the last one to comment it would say "Last post? By - Tosh

It implies to me that you made it. It should say "Last post" - Newest comment by Tosh

APureGamer    55

Its such an easy fix. If you're gonna do something, do it the right way.

Charlo    0

It would make more sense, good luck getting anything changed if your not staff.

Castiel    1124

I don't see the need to change personally, if you click on the sub-forum it tells you both who posted the topic and who the last poster was.

APureGamer    55
10 hours ago, Castiel said:

I don't see the need to change personally, if you click on the sub-forum it tells you both who posted the topic and who the last poster was.

That is true. But usually I click on the most recent topic someone has commented on. I rarely go into the sub-forums

Iso    1242

Treat the "Last Post" as it is: the last post made by someone on that topic. The last person to post is not necessarily the OP. Change your perception, not the forums :) 

APureGamer    55
39 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Treat the "Last Post" as it is: the last post made by someone on that topic. The last person to post is not necessarily the OP. Change your perception, not the forums :) 

"Last Post" was what the title of the question used to be :D

So now it would be "Post Suggestion" - By APureGamer. Last comment - Elmo.

Its just an OCD tic.

WilliAM    431

There's no doubt that I liked the old "View new posts" button, it showed the original thread and thread owner, as well as who posted last. Now it's kind of compacted. I learned to get used to it though so it doesn't really affect me, but I see where you're coming from. I just don;t think it's a needed change.