Server time: 2017-10-24, 06:02
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

Why I Jump in and out of this wonderful community

Rocco    34

Ok so to begin I love dayz and all the stuff bohemia has planned makes me so happy and excited for how this community will use it in RP. But everytime I play this game in this community there are a couple really good moments with friends and others that give dayz rp a good name. However every now and then when I get on there are moments of never meeting a soul and the wasteland really feels like a wasteland. This may just be my luck but even then after about an hour of running through the country I see a fella and the guy sounds like sponge bob when he says "Hi how are ya"

This really bothers me because it always ends up in ok cya adios nice to meet ya.

Im sitting there like "This is an apocalypse"

IDK every once and awhile my immersion gets destroyed by some sort of trolls or something and IDK. tried looking for a group and it was tons of fun but then all of a sudden the group stopped and ended in a flash so im all alone in this little world. Getting swiped by the swiper and starting on the shore or naked in bum fuck no where. whats a good way to solve this problem

TL:DR

My experience in this game is dying and I need a way to fix it because updates are so long and new stuff takes so long. any cool ways to spice things up.

Edited by Rocco

Billy    0

There is nothing to fix if you get de-motivated after a few bad experiences. Shit isn't always going to be the most fun you could have, you just gotta deal with the bullshit sometimes.

Diamond    0

Take a break and watch a tv series and I'm sure you'll make s character based off someone in the show

Ellie    335

For me, I don't come back for the game itself, but the friendships I've made throughout the year and a half I've been in the community.  That will always be the driving force of me sticking around.

Dayz in itself is a stale game with slow updates and quite frankly it gets old pretty easily for the most part. Also I know that RP, from what I've heard at least, isn't at a strong point at this moment. It's not a game (for me at least) where I can play it continuously and still be entertained. I need to take breaks from it, and I know a lot of other people feel the same and that's not a bad thing.

So take a break, play other games, do other things. Eventually you'll feel refreshed and have some new ideas for future characters, among other things. The community will still be here and the game as well. Things will change, new people will join, others will leave, maybe it's just your time to take a step back and come back to it in due time.

MattG13    3

This game is what you make of it. I would take some time to appreciate how gorgeous the new Chernarus+ map really is. When I first came back to RP I thought it was boring as fuck, the whole server constantly seemed to be around Novy and Stary just doing sod all really and I got bored of that cycle. So I went back to how I used to play the game. I left the area and I just explored, no map, no direction, just the desire to find new places, meet interesting people and survive. I play in first person and I actually walk everywhere (maybe that sounds horrible but I love it). I just take the time to enjoy how gorgeous the map is and I'm constantly finding new places I didnt know existed before. If I have any recommendations for you man it's to just explore freely.

-Edit-

And take loads of screenshots!

Edited by MattG13

Skinner    506

Biggest suggestion I can give you, play a playstyle that you're not familiar with and not comfortable with. I used to play a craaaAAaaazy killer, super original I know. Eventually I started to feel a little bored of it, just like some people get bored of playing soldiers. I decided to do something I've never done before. I started playing a 62 year old man who is a scholar, hates using firearms, never carries a rifle, and is basically a mild mannered nerd. Any time violence breaks out I panic, any time someone threatens with violence I plead for my life and try to find a way to appease them instead of shuffling around trying to figure out if my boys are in the treeline yet. I'm having more fun than I've ever had before. 

So get in game and play an auto mechanic, play a factory worker, play a high school math teacher, play a farmer, play a tour guide. Be prepared to get robbed and don't get attached to any of your stuff, but you're going to have a ton of fun, believe me. 

Iso    1242

I like to play with myself.

Running solo in DayZRP is probably something I do more often than I run in a group. I understand the frustration of spending hours on your own, talking to pretty much nobody in the wasteland, only to meet The Edge, RPer supreme, and find his RP to be lacking.

But, while I was playing with myself, alone, I learned a few things. 

1. Your experience is totally down to your own perspective. If you want to have a bad time and expect to have a bad time, you're going to have a bad time. Focus on all the fantastic RP moments you've had, hold those in your head when taking another step towards "bum fuck nowhere" seems less appealing than eating a bullet and, honestly, it will help you to keep positive. See the wasteland as what you make it, not what's made for you.

2. Think like your character. This will 100% help you to immerse yourself in the role and your immersion is key to your enjoyment. If you're not immersed, you're saying meaningless words and end up in those "hello, need anything, bye" scenarios. I'd like to refer to MattG13's post, he hit on another key to immersion. Your environment. Drink it in like its your last sup before a long trek in the desert, it can shape your attitude, your path and even be a catalyst for RP. Breaking the monotony of the usual humdrum conversations with a reference to the lovely night sky, the shapely treeline or the glowing morning sun can lead to other conversations, perhaps something about your character's experiences with nature as a child? Anything to burst the dam and get the RP flowing.

Sorry for the rant, I tried to make it coherent.

@TheMatt924

love that 50 cal sporter btw

Edited by Elmo

Caesar    438
22 hours ago, Billy said:

There is nothing to fix if you get de-motivated after a few bad experiences. Shit isn't always going to be the most fun you could have, you just gotta deal with the bullshit sometimes.

Pretty much this. In my experience you gotta roll with the punches and savor the good and move on from the bad.

Each and his own cases,

You gotta know where and how to find the RP, often it might be up to you as well.

Stroll around populated areas and show the uniqueness of the character, That'll do.

Besides that... This is how it works, honestly you do realize we all are people that interact with each other, and if it is like it is, means that this is how real humans would interact tbh,

Forget all the post apocalyptic movies that drove people insane into KOS each other.

besides there are enough ruthless mindcrazed people there, ye?