Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:12

Sign in to follow this  

Server 2

Possibly changing server 2 location to match S1. Server 2 is complete shit. Average ping is over 100 for most everyone. The lag it gives is almost unplayable. But when we play on S1 you run into no problems whatsoever. So is it possible to move S2 to match S1 compatibility? Or is there a reason why S2 is neglected? 

Agreed.

S2 is horribly desync-y, and for a server so close to myself, I have shit ping to it. The ping is roughly the same as S1, so I'm often left playing on S1 as it's the better option due to the lack of desync and rubberbanding that I experience on the US server.

@Rolle, can you look into getting GamingDeluxe to look into it and/or possibly move server locations? I understand people will bitch about ping if the server is moved elsewhere (i.e. having two EU servers); however, with a game like SA (or Arma games in general), ping is a negligible factor in most cases. With the amount of issues I've experience on S2 compared to S1, as well as the other numerous people who share the same sentiment, something needs to be corrected with this.

Edited by Tosh

Zero    287

I actually have lower ping on S2, but horrible, horrible connection issues for some reason, if that makes sense. S1 I typically don't run into many problems. GMTC had to move their operations to S1 because between the large amounts of people and the connection it made it impossible to even run the camp. 

William    401

I have worse ping on S1 but it performs much better than S2. Not a bad idea tbh. And I'm also form the US.

Dusty    1065

Not sure why it is the way it is, but yeah S2 is shite even for north americans. Even worse than S1. 

I'm not sure if moving to a different IP/location would change anything or not. If moving to another US location doesn't help, moving it back to EU would be fine I think. Desync has been greatly improved this patch, so playing on an EU server isn't that bad at all.

S2 is garrbageee, is there any other place you could host it from to suite Americans better?

Buddy    861

10/10 cannot even properly catch fish on S2. Item interaction is pretty bad and I have to relog every time i want to pick up my fish netting. 

A transfer to a different data center would be fantastic if plausible? (crosses fingers)

Eagle    346

I'm surprised how shitty the performance on S2 is even for Americans something needs to be done as it's laggy de-syncing and crashes allot.

+1 I wouldn't mind a higher ping if we got an actual playable server.

Yeah half the time I get higher ping on the NA server but there were multiple experiences that I was taking 5 steps to be rubber banded back 3. +1 to this. 

Mexi    1055

Never usually had a problem playing on S2 until the couple of weeks. A alternative/ change would be nice.

Castiel    1124

Although I'm an EU player I tend to play more during NA hours and I can say that S2 is absolutely horrible with desync issues in comparison to S1. I just assumed it was due to me being so far from it but if NA players are having issues too then something needs to be done.

Shadows    1020

S1 performs a lot better for me than S2 and I'm NA. However the pings are usually

S1 - 120

S2 - 35

Kilo    1

I see terrible desync issues on S2 compared to S1, even though I get much better ping in S2.  Zombies/wolves always run slow and have janky animations all the time.  Not to mention other general desync issues.  I would say contacting the server provider and have them switch the box the S2 server is on, possibly upgrading the box if it can be done would help.

reesesaddict    28

I definitely see the lag all the time, and I totally agree. But making the servers only EU is pretty extreme since we still do have a heavily US playerbase. Maybe changing up the location to get better ping, but we should keep a server in the US, assuming it performs better than how it does currently.

12 hours ago, Shadows said:

S1 performs a lot better for me than S2 and I'm NA. However the pings are usually

S1 - 120

S2 - 35

About the same for me. For some reason the performance on S2 is horrible but I have a good ping on it.

Vandal    77
11 hours ago, Kilo said:

I see terrible desync issues on S2 compared to S1, even though I get much better ping in S2.  Zombies/wolves always run slow and have janky animations all the time.  Not to mention other general desync issues.  I would say contacting the server provider and have them switch the box the S2 server is on, possibly upgrading the box if it can be done would help.

+1

13 hours ago, Shadows said:

S1 - 120

S2 - 35

Really? My normal ping to S1 is around 160, and 90-100 for S2. Some days I get 120+ to S2. Figured ping thing was more than just me.

Same as Shark, I have a horrid ping on S2, Maybe it's cause it's West Coast?  Fact is the server itself needs work rather it's a location issue or it's a GamingDelux issue? 

Rolle any idea of a way to fix this? Or have you considered any other possibilities?  

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Same as Shark, I have a horrid ping on S2, Maybe it's cause it's West Coast?

If I recall correctly, S2 is in Dallas.

Maybe I checked the IP wrong but it said Los Angeles. But Dallas does sound right.

Edited by Dustin

Shane    362

S2 performance for me is absolutely shit got massive 4 lag spikes that made my game crash and computer have a stroke within 10-15 minutes.

Species    244

Also as an NA player my ping and performance is utter shit on this server. I can only bear to play S1