Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:19

Sign in to follow this  
ChilliFromPrussia

why?

Question

ChilliFromPrussia    65

ie6Qdr6.jpg

so the initiation was definitely invalid, but the OP shots at the bandits and then he was killed for this. why is the dead from the OP called RDM in this case? i mean the OP shots first, so what?

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Chilli said:

ie6Qdr6.jpg

so the initiation was definitely invalid, but the OP shots at the bandits and then he was killed for this. why is the dead from the OP called RDM in this case? i mean the OP shots first, so what?

Simple because you cannot gain KOS as a result of a rulebreak is the short answer.

Its similar to baiting forcing people to defend themselves from a situation which is what happened here and then killing them for defending themselves is still invalid thats why he was hit with RDM.

Edited by Valkerion

You cannot gain KOS rights based off an invalid initiation. He didn't have KOS rights, so therefore it was RDM.

ChilliFromPrussia    65
1 minute ago, Valkerion said:

Simple because you cannot gain KOS as a result of a rulebreak is the short answer.

Its the same as baiting forcing people to defend themselves from a situation which is what happened here and then killing them for defending themselves is still invalid thats why he was hit with RDM.

makes no sense for me, because this means the OP can kill every bandit after an invalid initiation and no one can kill him or you are guilty in RDM.

Castiel    1124

Basically what Valkerion said.

You cannot gain kill rights from non-compliance if the initiation itself is invalid.

Say for example I shoot near you as "warning shots" or something, you shoot back defending yourself and then I kill you - that is RDM. The same goes for handcuffing as both are invalid initiations.

1 minute ago, Chilli said:

makes no sense for me, because this means the OP can kill every bandit after an invalid initiation and no one can kill him or you are guilty in RDM.

Seems like the bandits should learn how to be bandits then if they can't properly initiate.

Just now, Chilli said:

Bandits shouldnt be making invalid initiations to begin with then should they? and no not really you cant just go around killing everyone because NVFL comes into play like it almost did in that report. its a really simple concept you cant break rules then kill people as a result of your rulebreak if you could I would go around purposefully shooting at people until they were forced to fire back then just kill them its for reasons like this that you cant.

ChilliFromPrussia    65

i see your points but it makes no sense in cases like this. 4 bandits made an invalid initiation, the OP fired at them and then all bandits can do nothing, maybe running away, sorry but thats too unrealistic.

Just now, Chilli said:

i see your points but it makes no sense in cases like this. 4 bandits made an invalid initiation, the OP fired at them and then all bandits can do nothing, maybe running away, sorry but thats too unrealistic.

They broke a rule and paid the price. Otherwise, we would have people cuffing someone randomly, wait for them to return fire and then kill them.

2 minutes ago, Chilli said:

Rules arent based around realism if they were based around realism there just flat out wouldnt be any rules. Using realism doesnt work when your talking about OOC rules. They are there for fair play and to promote roleplay and thats it.

Edited by Valkerion

ChilliFromPrussia    65

my question is answered, im still confused about this but ok.