Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:08

Sign in to follow this  

Question

Question

So I juat got put on a final warning and I dint wanna bothe terra with heaps of questions.

She said i gotta be active for 3 months ingame but i got a problem with that.

You see, indont have a conputer anymore so i cant play ingame.

My questions is can i replace the ingame bit with a roleplay thread cause they basically the same thing?

21 answers to this question

"Have to be active in game for a final warning that came because of forum actions" - Fuck logic

Flawed system , forum bans and game bans should be separate. I enjoy the game with friends but the forums are the downfall of men. 

Edited by Mamba

Terra    1373
Just now, Mamba said:

"Have to be active in game for a final warning that came because of forum actions" - Fuck logic

We are a gaming community afterall...

Anyhow, as I have told you in a private message, I will bring this up within the Admin team and let you know, privately and here on this question thread, the answer to your question.

Thanks

Just now, Terra said:

We are a gaming community afterall...

Anyhow, as I have told you in a private message, I will bring this up within the Admin team and let you know, privately and here on this question thread, the answer to your question.

Now you're getting into semantics.  Is it a  gaming community or a company? I'm confused. Put him on final warning for what his ten points? Because the last ones expired. For saying nigga?  Because it's fucking stupid.  On his wall ? Maybe if you didn't have staff sitting in the helpdesk watching fuckin greys anatomy instead of handling their responsibility of MODERATING THE FORUMS shit like this wouldn't have been going on for 2 months giving people the impression this shit was ok. 

Face it , if Tosh didn't point the shit out to you guys on the ask the admins thread , nothing would've been done about it still. It's a meme. "Per Rolles status update" As if half of us follow Rolle anyway since he sold out to JimRp. 

And if it is a gaming community , why do you feel the need to suck every fucking fun thing out of it? Rolle , you every staff member thinks that they carried this shit themselves , and that all of us are expendable. You guys fucking threw Thumper out for giving you criticism. YOU who was one of my best fucking friends in the community hasn't said one fucking word to me since I left staff.

I bent over backwards for this place. So did Sung, So did Tosh, So did Thumper, and when all is said and done , when we bring up concerns "we are salty" "we are trying to be the cool kids" Yea I seen your slack. 

No, how about we put to much time into this place for us to sit back silently and watch your half assed team kill it.

You plant potatoes and that's exactly what you get. 

Oliv    1569
18 minutes ago, Mamba said:

snip

No one is denouncing what you are any other previous staff member has done for this place, how ever I don't know if this question thread is the place to discuss that or other feeling you bring up.

Is it a  gaming community or a company?

For legal reasons, this place is a company, but who says it can't still be a community as well?

And if it is a gaming community , why do you feel the need to suck every fucking fun thing out of it? 

No one "sucked the fun out of it". Lots of people still have fun here. The fact that you seem to not be having fun though concerns me and it would be nice if we could help ensure everyone enjoyed themselves here. I feel that the ability to drop N bombs freely all over the place isn't going to fix that though.

I've always been around to listen to yours or anyone else's concerns. I've never promised change but I promise if you have valid issues to bring up I will listen. All you have to do is reach out. Now I think I've answered the questions you've brought up, even though this isn't exactly what this question thread was about. I hope it's helped somewhat.

Just now, Oliv said:

No one is denouncing what you are any other previous staff member has done for this place, how ever I don't know if this question thread is the place to discuss that or other feeling you bring up.

For legal reasons, this place is a company, but who says it can't still be a community as well?

No one "sucked the fun out of it". Lots of people still have fun here. The fact that you seem to not be having fun though concerns me and it would be nice if we could help ensure everyone enjoyed themselves here. I feel that the ability to drop N bombs freely all over the place isn't going to fix that though.

I've always been around to listen to yours or anyone else's concerns. I've never promised change but I promise if you have valid issues to bring up I will listen. All you have to do is reach out. Now I think I've answered the questions you've brought up, even though this isn't exactly what this question thread was about. I hope it's helped somewhat.

No offense bro , but I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Terra.  It doesn't matter what you OR the rest of the admins are willing to listen to. It's what you're willing to FIGHT for. And as far as what I can see from where I am sitting , that's not much.

I appreciate that you tried to respond. I do , not a meme. You guys may sit up in the helpdesk and think that's our whole purpose , and that's what we are here for. No. Just like everybody else that comes here or plays here , we enjoy being with our friends.  We enjoy getting into game and having "fun" and memeing with each other on the forums. None of that was hurting anyone.

The reason that the team worked before was because it had people that kept each other in check. Not just yes men , or ghosts. Not filled with a bunch of new people because the former peoples concerns were ignored to the point where they left.

We would fight. We would bring up issues and we would talk about them. If I disagreed with one of the people I was working with I wouldn't sign the verdict just to get it out of the way.

You know what it feels like now? Anyone who has an issue with staff is a trouble maker. Anyone who disagrees with a verdict is just attempting to start problems. Anyone who doesn't kiss ass is a problem , and anyone who doesn't end their sentences with hearts get their permabans revoked.

You ask why it can't be a community and a business? Because communities come together. Communities are made up of like minded individuals that adhere to the same goals , and follow the same rules.

Now a business is a business because it's soul focus is making revenue. That's obvious. It's especially obvious due to the fact the "Co-Owner" couldn't pass the whitelist and was allowed entry. No offense to him , but just an example as to the obvious difference. 

You guys want to fix it? Treat us all the same. treat every fucking whitename that walks in here like a VIP , and not give certain players the stigma of "trouble". Don't treat every critique as a hostile attack , and for fucks sake remember what the hell YOU GUYS are here for. Not just to staff an internet community but to have fun as well.

I guess Terra isn't going to respond. Thanks for the answer Oliv.

Rolle    2456

16 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Not just to staff an internet community but to have fun as well.

That's the issue, I can't. The shitty memes, banter, constant nit picking and negativity destroy any kind of fun that I try to have in this community.

Back OT of this thread: we will evaluate the final warning in 3 months, with or without your in game activity.

ok thanks

Just now, Rolle said:

That's the issue, I can't. The shitty memes, banter, constant nit picking and negativity destroy any kind of fun that I try to have in this community.

It's negative for you bro? Honestly? You  can't have fun? It's like walking on egg shells. Our shitty memes at least stick to OUR profile. Which is the least we should be able to have after devoting our time and money here. However shitty staff decisions carry the over and get people banned. Nobody is forced to click our shit, they choose to. Am I right or wrong? It'd be different if we were attacking people or posting useless shit on threads, but we aren't. For the most part I stay out of the "constant nit picking" and "negativity" but these "staff" mistakes are killing off dedicated members of the community.

If that's the way you want this place to be man, if that's how you want it. Take my posting rights or ban me and you'll never have to see my shit again. But I won't stop calling out bullshit. I can't. Anyone who has any respect for the staff work they did here feels the same way. 

Plus you have more then enough staff to deal with any problems you experience.

Rolle    2456
3 minutes ago, Mamba said:

It's negative for you bro? Honestly? You  can't have fun? It's like walking on egg shells. Our shitty memes at least stick to OUR profile. Which is the least we should be able to have after devoting our time and money here. However shitty staff decisions carry the over and get people banned. Nobody is forced to click our shit, they choose to. Am I right or wrong? It'd be different if we were attacking people or posting useless shit on threads, but we aren't. For the most part I stay out of the "constant nit picking" and "negativity" but these "staff" mistakes are killing off dedicated members of the community.

If that's the way you want this place to be man, if that's how you want it. Take my posting rights or ban me and you'll never have to see my shit again. But I won't stop calling out bullshit. I can't. Anyone who has any respect for the staff work they did here feels the same way. 

Plus you have more then enough staff to deal with any problems you experience.

That's right, it's negative for me. Your "fun" is cancer to me, I cannot stand it. I don't care where you post it, as long as it's on the DayZRP website you're gonna follow the community rules when posting. These are not staff mistakes, this is intended enforcement of the CURRENT RULES that are present on the rules page, go read them. The rules state exactly how I want this place to be.

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

That's right, it's negative for me. Your "fun" is cancer to me, I cannot stand it. I don't care where you post it, as long as it's on the DayZRP website you're gonna follow the community rules when posting. These are not staff mistakes, this is intended enforcement of the CURRENT RULES that are present on the rules page, go read them. The rules state exactly how I want this place to be.

Tell your staff to read them. They seem to be the ones with trouble comprehending them. Tell your co-owner to read them especially. I'm not the one with the trouble understanding.

The inconsistency is on the staff teams end, not ours.. Sure we aren't innocent , but our shit memes started what? a month or 2 ago? This site has been having problems prior to June. None of us could be blamed for that.

I wish you luck , honestly

I think Rolle has lost sight of what made this place great.   I think he doesn't realize this place has been built off of our backs.   We have him years of free labor and dedicated thousands of hours in game to make it the success it is.   

We love this place, if we didn't we wouldn't bitch.   Do you think we like complaining and pointing out the countless staff errors and inconsistencies?  When you surround yourself with "yes men" and label people with dissenting opinions, or opinions you don't agree with as "cancerous" one can begin to understand why the quality has dipped and why we are at this point.  

When I was in staff, we allowed the "N" word as long as it was used as slang, and not to insult anyone. Weird. To then be put on final after the community see's it's alright over the past 4-5 months (I saw it lots while I was in staff) is kinda shitty. 

+1 to Rampage also. 

Hopefully, they don't require you to go IG to appeal your final in 3 months, since you obviously can't.

2 minutes ago, MapleMooses said:

When I was in staff, we allowed the "N" word as long as it was used as slang, and not to insult anyone. Weird. To then be put on final after the community see's it's alright over the past 4-5 months (I saw it lots while I was in staff) is kinda shitty. 

People get offended so I can understand why it warrants points (To a degree) But putting someone on final for saying it is just laughable. 

1 minute ago, Charlie said:

People get offended so I can understand why it warrants points (To a degree) But putting someone on final for saying it is just laughable. 

To be fair saying hi in this community will offend some people these days. 

Just now, Rampage said:

To be fair saying hi in this community will offend some people these days. 

yeh urite ^,^

Ninja    175

So... how is everyone?

1 minute ago, Levent said:

So... how is everyone?

This guy lmao

1 minute ago, Levent said:

So... how is everyone?

#Reported for hurt feelings

Ninja    175
Just now, Rampage said:

#Reported for hurt feelings

:( *Gives hug*

Just now, Uriki said:

This guy lmao

ikr

Terra    1373

The answer to the question was given. Because this is not ontopic anymore, I will close this.