Server time: 2017-08-16, 17:44

Sign in to follow this  
Coda852

Is Role-play Still Dead To People?

Coda852    32

I am simply making this to see if people still think RP is dead. I have seen tons of people around the Green Mountain Trading Company, and interacted with other factions and groups such as Floor 11 and Funeral Parlor. Hell we even have a radio station that plays music and does news and interviews with survivors now. Everything seems extremely lively and amazing right now compared to what I was hearing about a week ago. 

I'm having fun in game at the moment, changed my RP style to what it used to be and it's been pretty fun so far. 

William    397

I can agree. I went back to an old character I used to play and I've been having a great time. I think RP has really picked up IMO

Must admit I am really enjoying this change. Great props to the settlement and groups you mentioned, they have been able to bring back excitement to the servers.

Edited by Sofie

Kinda exciting with all the new groups showing up , lets hope it doesnt die out again.

I'm enjoying the RP at the moment, headed down to the GM camp yesterday and that was good

It all depends on your attitude when planning to go IG

I don't think so, but I have just got back from a big break and haven't come across a whole lot of people, so I can't say for sure.

if it's is dead right now it'll probably revive sooner or later

Edited by King Box

To a degree, issue is though finding RP outside of that one area becomes difficult. I rarely find others now around the triangle.

5 minutes ago, Post said:

To a degree, issue is though finding RP outside of that one area becomes difficult. I rarely find others now around the triangle.

Agreed. I'm just happy this crowded area can move around on the map. It has been around Kabanino long enough.

I played a few sessions this week and it was quite enjoyable. I travelled along the north high way, watched some people, scavenged for a bit and then ran into 2 people playing as a couple. Overall great interactions and I hope my experience stays like that. The patch offers a lot of potential new things to do and people are picking up on it and create new creative ways for RP. 

I wouldn't say RP is dead, it's decent and still got ways to improve.

2 hours ago, Smash Gordon said:

Started a new character with a new RP style and its been really fun.

This. Latest character is outside my usual comfort zone, and it's been really fun.

Was also nice to get some campfire-type RP in, haven't had that in a while.

Elmo    876

I've always said that changing your character and RP style is the best way to freshen up RP.

The settlement has definitely improved RP though, there's a place where I'm always guaranteed to find people and maybe even work. Its become sort of a frequented hotspot now, with groups of all denominations coming around, makes it quite interesting. My only problem is that we have to centralise RP to one area, I hope some of the other settlements pick up soon and actually become frequent hotspots.

Coda852    32

We are planning on having the GMTC start doing caravans so that there are people you can run into outside of the camp, you can find them along some of the roads and stuff, and visiting other settlements to do trade. It's nice to see that people are enjoying it again though. I just remember a few certain posts about RP being "Dead" and "Bland", happy to hear people aren't saying that to much anymore. :D

People changing character and making new ones freshens it up slightly but don't get me wrong the factions and the settlements bring out some good rp situations. I would like to see some fresh faces out here.

PCJames    151

After coming back from my extended break I have played for more than an hour for about 8 different sessions now and I have only interacted with two other parties. Both times the RP was pretty one sided and I walked away feeling pretty disappointed. I suppose I may just be unlucky.

12 minutes ago, PCJames said:

After coming back from my extended break I have played for more than an hour for about 8 different sessions now and I have only interacted with two other parties. Both times the RP was pretty one sided and I walked away feeling pretty disappointed. I suppose I may just be unlucky.

Wouldn't call it unlucky so much as the norm these days unfortunately. You'll get the occasional interaction where you can RP for hours. Most often it's a 5 minute convo and they're out to never be seen again. 

Is the server dead? No. Is "role playing" yes.

Castiel    1124

I've been getting back into role play myself recently. Servers seem a lot more fun now than they were a month or two ago, at least from my experience. ^_^

Method    55

I've been finding it hard to RP when the main group of people i role-play with have been infrequently on for a whole host of reasons both OOC and IC , coupled with the fact that my game since this last update crashes all the time for example: i spawned in killed a zombie entered a house saw a ski mask went to look at it and crash. this went on for a good hour till i threw up my hands and said screw it i'm watching some Youtube. before lovingly submitting myself for more hours of yelling at my computer when it crashes again and again for the love of our community. so for me role-play is not dead if i start to feel like it is starting to get stale i change up what i'm doing and find a way to make it fun again (sorry for long post i'm just tired of seeing these types of post so much)

Edited by Method

Coda852    32
1 hour ago, Diamond said:

Is the server dead? No. Is "role playing" yes.

I wouldn't say that, so far when it comes to encountering people i've only had good roleplay. That is if you don't count a person trying to poison our food supply but besides that I have been meeting and learning a lot about people, and having a lot of good hostile RP. For once some that DOESN'T end in a holdup or fistfight.

Issue is the server pop is fairly stagnant. No new faces and we lose people gradually. Sure we might have a bit of a pick up at this moment but its rather superficial. We dont have alot of the really powerful characters and groups anymore. The server dynamic is fairly shallow now and the rp isnt what it used to be.

In the future it wont get much better as the dayz population has been and still is declining. We most likely wont get another wave till beta unless they drop a big content patch.

Charlie    116

I can se a change and I'm having some fun when I jump on... 

Its just that I'm finding it a bit difficult to adapt to the change, but maybe that's just because I don't like the new SafeZone implanted so I feel a little limited. I'm sure after a while I should be fine. But yes there are a lot of great RPing groups around green mountain 

Chief    595
20 hours ago, Roger said:

Issue is the server pop is fairly stagnant. No new faces and we lose people gradually. Sure we might have a bit of a pick up at this moment but its rather superficial. We dont have alot of the really powerful characters and groups anymore. The server dynamic is fairly shallow now and the rp isnt what it used to be.

In the future it wont get much better as the dayz population has been and still is declining. We most likely wont get another wave till beta unless they drop a big content patch.

I have to disagree, on average the last week or so I have run into atleast 20-30+ people that are quite new to the community. But as always the best way to change a dynamic is to insert yourself and try to change hang said dynamic. As I have seen many posts and bout how roleplay won't get better and not many people trying to find solutions in the now rather than complaints on the forums. Just an observation. 

Edited by Chief

Chinchilla    75

Played a handfull of times since I've been back.  I've ran into nobody 4/5 times, and the fifth time a guy tried to kill me by dropping a bunch of zomboids on me.  

No idea if people are out of the triangle, but I wandered around quite a bit.  Save for the coast I've been to most towns.